Holiday Bonus!

If your pastures are so green and you are making so much money then why are you looking over your shoulder and peeking over the fence with a frowny face? :huh:
Well, let me tell you why. Number one is because I still have a lot of friends that still work for US Airways. Number two is that I now fly revenue tickets on US and will be elite within a few months with all my cross country travel. Number three is that I valued my time at HP. Unfortunately, I can't really say the same about US. Too many hard working people have left (on both the East and West side) because of money and lack of job satisfaction.
The experience gained at HP set me up for where I am today and I am forever thankful for the management team that let HP after the Franke era.

Business should be all about WIN-WIN for everyone. PAX, Employees, Management, shareholders.

Except when it comes to US Air. In order for management to show profits they take money from it's employees.
Give an unrealistic goals to us and now managment can pat themselves on the back for all the hard work they did to motivate the employees over the holidays. It didn't cost them a dime. They knew that the goal was never going to be met. And even in the remote chance that it did....Well it wouldn't. Not like we had any control over it in the first place.
Give us realisitic goals that we can have control over....like fuel savings.

Well, let me tell you why. Number one is because I still have a lot of friends that still work for US Airways. Number two is that I now fly revenue tickets on US and will be elite within a few months with all my cross country travel. Number three is that I valued my time at HP. Unfortunately, I can't really say the same about US. Too many hard working people have left (on both the East and West side) because of money and lack of job satisfaction.
The experience gained at HP set me up for where I am today and I am forever thankful for the management team that let HP after the Franke era.

I see. You didn't say any of your friends FLY for USAir. It all makes sense now. Thank you.

They did get the shaft when they are not provided the proper resources to get the job done, but you would not know about that since you are not there working.

Gee, think of it as a contract. You are always up in arms if something is not exactly like it is in the contract?

In this case, the employees didn't meet the contracted goal, so they don't get the cheese. Or maybe you just want the goal posts moved every time so they are in your favor?

Gotta be consistent if you want to preach about being consistent.

Don’t worry, there’s always next year.

Holiday Ho-Down 2008.

If US is not last in the DOT stats, Tempe will give all front line employees a Hee Haw Collector’s Edition DVD set.

jwods02aiw3.jpg

Interesting that one flight I worked on Christmas eve...we landed ontime only to sit in ORD 50 feet from the gate to wait 45mins for the rampers to come outside into the cold to marshall us in! Great for ontime performance when we cant even move 50 feet after flying 3hrs!

Thanks for the teamwork! :down:

Gee, think of it as a contract. You are always up in arms if something is not exactly like it is in the contract?

In this case, the employees didn't meet the contracted goal, so they don't get the cheese. Or maybe you just want the goal posts moved every time so they are in your favor?

Gotta be consistent if you want to preach about being consistent.

Can you honestly tell me that you think bribing employees to reach 60% on time departures is anything other than a juvenile management effort? What an insult. Professionals don't shoot for 60%. What do they win if they don't drink and drive more than twice a quarter?

I think if management would have made it worth while, we would have met the goals. $100 ain't what it used to be.

Next time, they need to pony up more - say $250 for each goal.

And give us adequate tools to get the job done.

And ask Santa Claus for better weather during the holidays.

Hey at 58% we were still better than just average. I thought US was trying to be just average. :unsure: :wacko:

When upper management only expects you to do your job O.T 60% of the time

what do they expect there employees should think. IF I work at 60% of my potential then that will

appease Tempe so there you have it.

The culture this Management team brought to the table was very weak to begin with.

To this day if you polled 50 % of employees and asked them what direction is this company going ? What kind of product

is your company trying to sell ? You would get .. I HAVE KNOW IDEA. about a year and a half ago the company put a question out

for the employees asking if they knew the direction of this company less then 25 percent had any idea and Doug was in shock that

his employees had no clue. THAT's because OUR so called leadership has no CLUE :down: :down:

As far as Holiday Bonuses go,
I to agree that was a slap in the face. IF Doug and CO. would just stop screwing the employees at every chance he can

and give people a fair and decent wage (instead of having the mentality of we'll go hire at min. wage rates and if they quit

in 3 months just go and hire some more. ) You will never get a loyal following of employees that are WILLING to go the extra mile

for this company. SO when the going gets tough everyone just turns there backs and go home to be with there familys

Back