Holiday Bonus!

;) Betcha Dougweiser and Scotch got their bonus. :cold:

You are a smart person! :up:

Of course they will get a bonus. Same as they did the year before. Now, if they had granted the $100 based on individual station performance, I think you would have seen several stations, large and small, collect that pittance of a bonus, if you can even call it that.

There are two ways to look at this.

First of all, on the surface, when someone posts that they got shafted, it sends the wrong message about the folks working the line at US...reinforces a perception of entitlement, selfishness, etc. I know that the majority would love to exceed the expectations set for them, but are frustrated beyond belief with what they have to deal with. The thought that people already being paid to do their jobs (although admittedly underpaid) would have to be incentivized to do a mediocre job is just beyond belief.

THAT SAID, I have to agree with those who say that employees were not given the proper staffing or the tools with which to meet the goals. We have anecdotal evidence that stations were short staffed, and that with the resources available there was NO WAY these goals could be met. We have even heard (NOT CONFIRMED) that managers were offered incentives to hold down or eliminate overtime at their stations--regardless of the effect on the people or the operation.

In my mind, the debate is whether or not they were trying to pit one side against the other, or are they really that shortsighted to think that saving a couple of dollars in overtime is more important than having a properly run operation.....haven't the bean counters figured out yet that the costs on the OTHER side of the equation are much higher????

I think you all know which I believe to be the case.....another example of the high cost of cheap.

The first step to fixing this place is to make peace with labor. You can only cut so much out of the rest of the operation, and whether or not they choose to admit it, with the high price of oil, ATC issues, and declining revenue, you have to fix what is within your control. Until the Castle realizes that the employee and the customer are NOT the enemy, I fear you will only see more of the same.

My best to you all........

They did get the shaft when they are not provided the proper resources to get the job done, but you would not know about that since you are not there working.

how would you know, you no longer work there...right?????

700AW,

Keep on topic and stop making this thread about another poster.

No more warnings...let's NOT make this personal folks....the corn field awaits.

Who in Tempe authorizes these slap in the face incentive programs any way? Note to whoever that may be NOBODY CARES!!! Your employees are tired of making excuses for upper managements failures! Doug has the town hall meetings, Station directors have town hall meetings and the answers to every question is " We are working on it or we'll look in to that or we'll get back to you on that, you can only use those excuses for so long and it gets to the point where nobody beleives anything you say! The solution to 98% of your problems can be solved by engaging your employees TRUTHFULLY, they know whats broken they see it every day!! Let your employees help you, stop treating them like there the enemy. Your employees aren't the ones who have implemented the changes that have made us the worst airline, it was upper management! Don't continue to make the same mistakes by fighting your employees work with them.

Folks, I think that Tempe wanted us to make this goal so they could show everyone that we do have the tools and the resources to do our jobs. We proved that no matter how hard we try, with out the proper tools and resources, this airline is at best sub par. They dangled a carrot in front of the ole mule and nothing happened. Doug, your business model is not working. Wake up man and smell the Jet-A. You have shown the country and the avaition world that you have absolutly no idea what the hell you are doing. Take YOUR bonus and sell us to someone who wants US to succed.

Interesting that one flight I worked on Christmas eve...we landed ontime only to sit in ORD 50 feet from the gate to wait 45mins for the rampers to come outside into the cold to marshall us in! Great for ontime performance when we cant even move 50 feet after flying 3hrs!

Same thing happened to me, TPA-CLT but on Jan 1.....we got to the gate on time, despite leaving TPA 20 minutes late....only to sit 100 yards from the gate to 10 minutes waiting for a crew to bring us in....the rest of the way.....all 100 ft of it. Downright, fall down funny if it weren't consistent and maddening....

Interesting that one flight I worked on Christmas eve...we landed ontime only to sit in ORD 50 feet from the gate to wait 45mins for the rampers to come outside into the cold to marshall us in! Great for ontime performance when we cant even move 50 feet after flying 3hrs!

Thanks for the teamwork! :down:

Thats correct, The 100 bucks should have been based by departments. I know Pilots and F/a s are always on time. I think the majority of departments are on time. So to have the goal fall short because of some min wage(part of the problem) employee's, its not fair to the other employee groups that give this company 110%. The company would also see where the shortfalls are and concentrate on those areas.

Just a thinker

wopr21

The bottom line is management is responsible for how the operation is run. THEY set the operation up for failure. Coming from a flight attendants point of view the reserves held this airline together on the east during the Christmas/New Years rush. Trip after trip and making themselves available on off days, being assigned on your rest period and volunteers to help out. Give me a freakin break. We get NO thanks collectively as employees and never will from these morons running this place. I'm telling ya folks....get out now. It WON'T be any better any time soon. This place has been turned into a dump and is ran by freakin crack addicts. :rolleyes:

exHPer
Art,

Well said....been watching for a while too.

Just because US Airways merged with America West does not mean everything is Dougs fault - don't take that as I agree with how this merge is going (or not going). I think the IAM and the East contract are a joke. The fact that the West has gone over 4 yrs without a contract or Sec 6 neg is obscene. I have heard enough about 'taking care of our customers'....this hasn't happened any more than 'taking care of our employees'. If we don't work together - this will never work at all.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Before everyone tells me what a bad attitude I have...........Think about it!
$100 bucks less taxes is around 67.50 depending on where you live.
Who's going to bust thier butts for this management team for pennies on the hour when they are walking away with millions.
We should thank all those who called off sick over the holidays creating overtime positions where as
for those who wanted extra income had the opporitunity to make it.

It's going to take more than 67.50 to make me try harder and I don't work for Hertz.

I see a bunch of complaining on this topic about not getting the $100 bonus. I guess
we all forget about that thing called a "profit sharing payout" ? I think that comes in
February if I'm not mistaken.

Back