I.A.M VS I.B.T

like 700 says....previous precedents are usually the way NMB goes.there isn't anything unusual or peculiar to this merger to warrant any drastic move from previous rulings.
(previous precedents are usually the way NMB goes.)

FROM 19.2 Authority
The NMB will consider these representation issues on a case-by-case basis.

FROM 19.1 Merger
Merger is a consolidation, merger, purchase, lease, operating contract, acquisition of control, or similar transaction of two or more business entities.

The part in 19.2 case by case and the acquisition of control in 19.1 Looks to be NEW to all the US MERGERS of the PAST.

HQ Has moved to PHX and the company is ran by AWA (acquisition of control) or the NEW USAIR LCC.. :unsure:

(previous precedents are usually the way NMB goes.)

FROM 19.2 Authority
The NMB will consider these representation issues on a case-by-case basis.

FROM 19.1 Merger
Merger is a consolidation, merger, purchase, lease, operating contract, acquisition of control, or similar transaction of two or more business entities.

The part in 19.2 case by case and the acquisition of control in 19.1 Looks to be NEW to all the US MERGERS of the PAST.

HQ Has moved to PHX and the company is ran by AWA (acquisition of control) or the NEW USAIR LCC.. :unsure:

case by case...don't get your noogies in an uproar.....
they rule by past precedent and as I already said....theres nothing here to suggest a deviation from the norm...
:eek:

case by case...don't get your noogies in an uproar.....
they rule by past precedent and as I already said....theres nothing here to suggest a deviation from the norm...
:eek:
This is a Big Deviation from the normal merger that US has done in the past.
Head Quarters (THE GLASS HOUSE) Has moved to PHX and the company is ran by AWA (acquisition of control) or the NEW USAIR LCC.
No historical precedent here its all new. :shock:
And as AIRWOMAN said

prec·e·dent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prs-dnt)
n.

An act or instance that may be used as an example in dealing with subsequent similar instances.
Law. A judicial decision that may be used as a standard in subsequent similar cases: a landmark decision that set a legal precedent.
Convention or custom arising from long practice: The President followed historical precedent in forming the Cabinet. :up:

you're going to be quite suprised when you realize your interpretation was wrong about this time next month. :lol:
and if i'm so far off the mark...why does doug and company expect it to go this way?
you guys continually reach for the stars and split hairs...

from the IBT manual ;)

you're going to be quite suprised when you realize your interpretation was wrong about this time next month. :lol:
and if i'm so far off the mark...why does doug and company expect it to go this way?
you guys continually reach for the stars and split hairs...

from the IBT manual ;)
IMO, Doug and company would like it to go that way because it's the easiest and quickest way. But it doesn't appear that it will go that way........even IF there isn't a vote, this issue has dragged on longer than they hoped, anticipate or wanted. And IF there IS a vote, it's going to drag out even longer.

Disclaimer: My crystal ball is broken today so I won't predict with any certainty which way it will go. ;) But I have a feeling.......... :up:

DUDE & 7 Question???

How mamy of your furlough mechanics do you see comming back to US AIRWAYs/LCC if called back. Because I know one who has been recalled (offered a job) with about 5yr if he is getting a recall where are the others with more seniority?
Do you see that 7000 number falling REF: NMB 9.204

9.204 Furloughed Employees
Furloughed employees are eligible to vote in the craft or class in which they last worked if they retain an employee-employer relationship and have a reasonable expectation of returning to work. Furloughed employees regularly working in another craft or class are ineligible to vote in the craft or class from which the employees are furloughed.

I do

Disclaimer: My crystal ball is broken today so I won't predict with any certainty which way it will go. ;) But I have a feeling.......... :up:
best hope these clowns don't spoil the POR and put the new usairways in the trash can.

Last week, Manouchehr Takin, of the Centre for Global Energy Studies, argued that crude prices could hit $100 a barrel if Iran stopped exporting. "Supply and demand are very tightly balanced," he said.

DUDE & 7 Question???

How mamy of your furlough mechanics do you see comming back to US AIRWAYs/LCC if called back. Because I know one who has been recalled (offered a job) with about 5yr if he is getting a recall where are the others with more seniority?
Do you see that 7000 number falling REF: NMB 9.204

5 years and a recall that does put a DENT in that 7000#!
Were is US hiring at?
Do any of you east know were they are recalling???

QUOTE(AIRWOMAN @ Jan 16 2006, 12:27 PM)

Disclaimer: My crystal ball is broken today so I won't predict with any certainty which way it will go. But I have a feeling..........
Use mine..
View attachment 4097

look at the bids dude......
doesn't matter now as you do not have the cards or will you when the NMB rules in the next few weeks. :lol:

IBT hotline:

5 years and a recall that does put a DENT in that 7000#!
wouldn't that make the number 7000 plus now?
and now your 35% target has even grown with it...ooops :unsure:
look to a target around 7500 ;)
you were in trouble,now you really in trouble dude :eek:
:lol: duh :blink:

tell me now:

doubt very seriously as to that happening.

maybe mechanics next?
That is the way it happened I have a good friend that was on the orig contract com. and as a matter of fact your personal buddy Jerry Glass was involved in this so maybe you can call his cell phone and ask him and as mr 7 says he can give you the facts. the nmb did rule that our stores clerks were a different class and craft. the ibt wanted them and the company didn't and the nmb ruled in the companies favor. as for cleaners the company allready fired them all and contracted them out so that wasn't even brought to them.

That is the way it happened I have a good friend that was on the orig contract com. and as a matter of fact your personal buddy Jerry Glass was involved in this so maybe you can call his cell phone and ask him and as mr 7 says he can give you the facts. the nmb did rule that our stores clerks were a different class and craft. the ibt wanted them and the company didn't and the nmb ruled in the companies favor. as for cleaners the company allready fired them all and contracted them out so that wasn't even brought to them.
Which union represents the stock clerks at HP??

Just received word that I have not verified yet that a contract Mx Tech was just killed on a continental 737 by injestion

Latest posts