IAM -- Fleet Service Thread 2/29-3/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
DL141 Nomination Update: MCO

The runoff elections started this month and the UA Local Chairman made sure that the NEW DIRECTIONS TEAM Slammed all nominations home in a complete victory today.

regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

The runoff elections started this month and the UA Local Chairman made sure that the NEW DIRECTIONS TEAM Slammed all nominations home in a complete victory today.

regards,

Tim Nelson

Tim Thanks again for the contiued updates.

On a side note I got a kick outta the letter Randy sent off to AL what made me laugh is it made me think of the letter you fired off to Al early this month. I guess after he saw your letter and he figured he better do something presidential! Seems you and Fleet Service now has Randy Jumpiing through hoops because of the pressure we have on him.

Voting New Direction in June

regards,

Tim Nelson

On a side note I got a kick outta the letter Randy sent off to AL what made me laugh is it made me think of the letter you fired off to Al early this month. I guess after he saw your letter and he figured he better do something presidential! Seems you and Fleet Service now has Randy Jumpiing through hoops because of the pressure we have on him.

Thanks for the kind words but I support Randy Canale's letter 100%. It's good to see his tone change from his January letter till now. Still, we need action and 99% of us all would love to see Randy reevaluate his stance on section 6 for the west. Bottom line is the east is not going to accept any merger of the west into our bankruptcy contract unless the east gets $20 and a few other sacreds. It appears that Hemmenway does not want to do that and has actually taken two steps backwards over 2 years. The only alternative is to wait till 2009 or recommence section 6 for the west. I find it morally deplorable to ask the west to wait another 2 years and IMO the IAM is obligated to do section 6. Don't get me wrong in the slightest, I also find it morally wrong to merge the west into the east contract without rewarding the sacrifices of those laid off [60 day rule] and the second class stations, AND the hubs. A transition has got to be 'come one come all'.
Our attorney is still evaluating many disclosures we gave him last week regarding some actions that many want us to take. Certain time related disclosures are significant in the legalities of the law. At any rate, Im hoping that the IAM reevaluates its position with this company. This company and United seem like they deserve eachother as both seem to think that their employees are the enemy. I think it's time to pursue section 6 which is a twofold action.
1. it will reflect poorly on USAIRWAYS management with its disclosures in the annual stockholder meeting since they will have to report that they went from transition talks to full blown section 6 talks. Investors won't look kindly on this either when they want to spend their billions.

2. Section 6 talks can actually start the negotiations process 2 years quicker.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Im a beliver in union and strong for them, but there is alot of talk going on, but talking is not makeing anything happen, need to put action in to them.

Thanks for the kind words but I support Randy Canale's letter 100%. It's good to see his tone change from his January letter till now. Still, we need action and 99% of us all would love to see Randy reevaluate his stance on section 6 for the west. Bottom line is the east is not going to accept any merger of the west into our bankruptcy contract unless the east gets $20 and a few other sacreds. It appears that Hemmenway does not want to do that and has actually taken two steps backwards over 2 years. The only alternative is to wait till 2009 or recommence section 6 for the west. I find it morally deplorable to ask the west to wait another 2 years and IMO the IAM is obligated to do section 6. Don't get me wrong in the slightest, I also find it morally wrong to merge the west into the east contract without rewarding the sacrifices of those laid off [60 day rule] and the second class stations, AND the hubs. A transition has got to be 'come one come all'.
Our attorney is still evaluating many disclosures we gave him last week regarding some actions that many want us to take. Certain time related disclosures are significant in the legalities of the law. At any rate, Im hoping that the IAM reevaluates its position with this company. This company and United seem like they deserve eachother as both seem to think that their employees are the enemy. I think it's time to pursue section 6 which is a twofold action.
1. it will reflect poorly on USAIRWAYS management with its disclosures in the annual stockholder meeting since they will have to report that they went from transition talks to full blown section 6 talks. Investors won't look kindly on this either when they want to spend their billions.

2. Section 6 talks can actually start the negotiations process 2 years quicker.

regards,
Tim Nelson

What does the west or east have to lose if we go section 6? off top of my head or in thoughts i can not think of anything.

So in other words LETS PUSH FOR 6

We have nothing to loose with section 6. But the IAM has money to loose if they do that so you know how that will go.

We have nothing to loose with section 6. But the IAM has money to loose if they do that so you know how that will go.
Nothing to lose. Yes, the IAM has some money to lose but they have lots of resources. I think it's only a matter of reasonable men making 'good sense' out of this predicament. That should lead to section 6 unless there are agendas placed in front of that.

As aside, mergers are going to happen in the next 12 months and we can bank on it. Those of us who went through the last consolidation where 14 airlines became 9 remember the results.

All those who merged: Northwest/Republic, American/Air cal, USair/PSA/Peidmont, Delta/Western all survived.

Those who didn't merger: Braniff, Pan Am, Eastern died.

The exception was United and Continental. United was head and shoulders above the industry and big enough so it didn't have to merge. Continental basically was the siamese twin of Eastern and Lorenzo basically cut out eastern and gave Continental the parts.

These airlines are merging again. This time it will go from 8 or 4. The airline that is not prepared will be left out and probably die. It's historic. US AIRWAYS can be proactive or it can continue treating its employees like the enemy [see Pan Am, Eastern]

Visit the website

regards,
Tim Nelson
Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Thank you for responding to Section 6 lawsuit potential for West. We just hope like H*** your attorney(s) are up to the task Tim. This would be crucial to justifying loosing three years pension at 78.00 a year, times, 3. This comes to loosing 234.00 a month for three years to AWA Fleet and M&R for waiting for what we stand to loose. That totals 2808.00 per yr or 8,424.00 lost with this POS negotiations, plus loss of about 4.00 an hour due to "pay parity" for three years for fleet at 10 years

If your attornies are anything at all, they will be able to see in very little time the money stolen from this merger for west.

It is understandable that East is sown into their awful contract till 09. But, West had it all going for them when IAM Blanketed! them.

No IAM nor US Airways can make up, nor will try, the losses we have taken. It is crucial that SECTION SIX should be taken out of , and into an impartial entity.

We are waiting patiently for a response. West Fleet AWA.

Thank you for responding to Section 6 lawsuit potential for West. We just hope like H*** your attorney(s) are up to the task Tim. This would be crucial to justifying loosing three years pension at 78.00 a year, times, 3. This comes to loosing 234.00 a month for three years to AWA Fleet and M&R for waiting for what we stand to loose. That totals 2808.00 per yr or 8,424.00 lost with this POS negotiations, plus loss of about 4.00 an hour due to "pay parity" for three years for fleet at 10 years

If your attornies are anything at all, they will be able to see in very little time the money stolen from this merger for west.

It is understandable that East is sown into their awful contract till 09. But, West had it all going for them when IAM Blanketed! them.

No IAM nor US Airways can make up, nor will try, the losses we have taken. It is crucial that SECTION SIX should be taken out of , and into an impartial entity.

We had to give him more information, including what was disclosed and not disclosed a couple years ago, including the TWU/IAM agreement.
Once he's done reviewing the case, he will let us know. He is known quite clearly as the best DFR Railway Labor Act attorney in the USA. I don't anticipate money being a problem if things have to be pursued. There are private discussions going on but I copied and pasted below a part of one of his emails that you might find useful.

I am, of course, happy to represent you and your colleagues. For me the primary issue is to determine the viability of a lawsuit -- I am not interested in leading a group of plaintiffs down the primrose path and then shrugging my shoulders at the end and saying, "Oh, well, you fought the good fight." That is not to say that I will only take on a case I know to be a winning case (there are few enough cases that are slam-dunks), but I want to be certain that there is a worthwhile shot.

At any rate, the IAM has attorneys also and they already know if this is a strong case or not, and they already know if they are going to move forward with section 6 or not.
I don't have that knowledge yet [one way or the other] and if our attorney sez it's not a strong case then we have our answer, OTOH, if he sez it is a strong case then we further things.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Man, your living a pipe dream if your expecting to win all that back. Have you ever read the railway labor act? Maybe if you win they will deduct the extra holiday money you have been getting. And the pension for fleet is closer to $84 bucks per year of service. But wait, its the IAM pension plan, you don't want that, right? :blink: I like how you #### about the IAM, but want to win a law suit to pay you the much higher hourly rate they negotiated for an unskilled laborer. :shock:
I'm sure any attorney will be glad to take your money.

In America any citizen is afforded an attorney if felt an injustice as been served. Are you American! Or part of the Obama Generation!

In America any citizen is afforded an attorney if felt an injustice as been served. Are you American! Or part of the Obama Generation!

Yea, I'm American alright. But it seems to me that your a hypocrite. You state that the west had it all going for them before the IAM blanketed them?? You guys top out at what? Less than $12 bucks an hour? Man you had the company by the balls. :shock: You wouldn't even be anywhere near the wages of the east fleet without this merger.

Man, your living a pipe dream if your expecting to win all that back. Have you ever read the railway labor act? Maybe if you win they will deduct the extra holiday money you have been getting. And the pension for fleet is closer to $84 bucks per year of service. But wait, its the IAM pension plan, you don't want that, right? :blink: I like how you #### about the IAM, but want to win a law suit to pay you the much higher hourly rate they negotiated for an unskilled laborer. :shock:
I'm sure any attorney will be glad to take your money.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AET....

Are yahh fleet ? ... don't think so.
Go to M&R.... bark at them !

(Quote Jester)

And My Dear Friend Roabilly,
Ah, democracy at work whereby the majority can repress the minority... just as the East hubs sold out their minority outstations for a few piece of silver. Just as East can tell West to pound sand and wait for parity while they play their games over CIC, new unions, a new contract for themselves, and new leadership. Democracy without protections of the respect of equality and rights for all people is just mob rule through the ballot box (not to get off the topic or anything).

'N Roabilly, iffin' you's be thinkin' dat wuz a beatun lass weke, den you's don't no me nuthin' as I's in ma pryme. So Recalls Jester.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Jester...

Are those wisps of humor we have observed… emanating from the credibility induced micro fissures in your hardened exterior shell of profound, stoic, and linguistic intellect?

Yer Buddy....

Status
Not open for further replies.