IAM Fleet Service topic 1/1-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met a PHX transfer today thats been here about a month. Welcome to CLT.

Cool. Not sure who that would be but I do know a few guys thinking of transferring over there. Actually some former "East" employee transfers and furloughs hold some of the highest seniority slots here in PHX, including I think #1.

I'll just leave this here:

DSC05479.jpg

back to a topic posted on last weeks thread. why haven't some stations been given kneepads for the
rampers its contractual and we have been fully into this contract since november. what gives why do
people just stand by and allow management to p*ss all over our contract.

Well my opinion would be that if youve requested kneepads and they havent given them to you, its a safety issue. Kneepads are an issued part of your uniform for safety purposes. I suggest you tell management that its a safety issue and that you cannot work unsafe in the bin of an aircraft. If they continue to make you owrk unsafe contact your AGC and OSHA.

geeeezzzz ... some of you make it sound like the end of the world that we don't have knee pads yet ... i imagine that it might take some time to round up 7 K worth of knee pads .... we have all gotten our contracts yes? our new uniforms ? rain gear ?

let's try and be cool , rather than spew vindictive s at our company , contact your union rep , let them know that you want to know when were getting knee pads , then wait for the response from your rep ... wait for the day that we're suppose to get the knee pads , and if we don't get them on that day THEN spew vindictives ...

geeeezzzz ... some of you make it sound like the end of the world that we don't have knee pads yet ... i imagine that it might take some time to round up 7 K worth of knee pads .... we have all gotten our contracts yes? our new uniforms ? rain gear ?

let's try and be cool , rather than spew vindictive s at our company , contact your union rep , let them know that you want to know when were getting knee pads , then wait for the response from your rep ... wait for the day that we're suppose to get the knee pads , and if we don't get them on that day THEN spew vindictives ...

freedom ,
New Year same old crap. first . the company doesn't need to round up 7k of knee pads over

half of the membership already have them issued as new hires and replaced as needed.

2nd waiting for the day we are suppose to get them . When do you think that day was. The day the membership

agreed to the t/a ? or OEI ? in either case those dates have come and gone. Once again the company show's

no respect to WHAT THEY AGREED TO. and folks out west just seem to not care. Well all I can say is "the

squeaky wheel gets all the grease" . So if you don't file GSR's or have it put down on a Grievance then

you will continue to get disrespected by your company.

REMINDER FOR FLEET IN CLT this coming up week

you have 2 elections.. the first is on tuesday across from admin . for your 2009 shop stewards .

the voting will take place I believe between 10am to 6pm. I know alot of senior people think it maybe

trivial to have to vote for a shop steward because "they never get in trouble" but you know what . lately

it seems alot more senior people get caught up in things than some of our junior agents. SO get over to

admin and vote.

the 2nd vote is on thursday 8am at the UNION meeting . and that vote is on dues increase for your local.

if you have questions about that see a shop steward and get the facts ....Again You don't want 20 people

deciding the dues structure for 1200 members. Pro or con get to the meeting and VOTE.

look if you want to talk about disrespect , let's talk about some of these I learning courses ...

Does anyone remember last quarters review called "how to work a $%^&*$# belt loader because your a $%^&#$% moron "

gee i REALLY needed that i review , if i hadn't spent those ten minutes of my life relearning where the gas and break peddle are i could have had an accident .

now the scanner and attendance i learning i could understand , but the hearing safety i learning ? come on , i've only been here since FOREVER ... if i don't understand that loud noises are bad for my hearing by now , then i obviously either have been deaf from day one , or do not understand what all of the earplugs scattered in the break rooms' the uniform offices , the jet bridges etc are for .. :blink:

i can't WAIT to see what new I learning courses are in store for us this quarter! maybe they will have one called "look out for the #$%^&%# plane when it's taxing toward you !" followed by another i learning course called " jet blast , it's a #$%#@ "

Not that i'm mocking safety here , because i'm not , safety is and always will be number one in our work place , but you know , there have to be better ways to get it across without redundant i learning that no one pays attention to until the moment their forced to do it and then forgets it the moment their done .

This is what they should say on the i learning notices that they print and post .

"i learning , it's for stupid people !" (that means you , now get in their and get started on the computer , NOW!)

It is not for stupid people.

It was put together by stupid people.

Such is the state of the training department.

look if you want to talk about disrespect , let's talk about some of these I learning courses ...

Does anyone remember last quarters review called "how to work a $%^&*$# belt loader because your a $%^&#$% moron "

gee i REALLY needed that i review , if i hadn't spent those ten minutes of my life relearning where the gas and break peddle are i could have had an accident .

now the scanner and attendance i learning i could understand , but the hearing safety i learning ? come on , i've only been here since FOREVER ... if i don't understand that loud noises are bad for my hearing by now , then i obviously either have been deaf from day one , or do not understand what all of the earplugs scattered in the break rooms' the uniform offices , the jet bridges etc are for .. :blink:

i can't WAIT to see what new I learning courses are in store for us this quarter! maybe they will have one called "look out for the #$%^&%# plane when it's taxing toward you !" followed by another i learning course called " jet blast , it's a #$%#@ "

Not that i'm mocking safety here , because i'm not , safety is and always will be number one in our work place , but you know , there have to be better ways to get it across without redundant i learning that no one pays attention to until the moment their forced to do it and then forgets it the moment their done .

This is what they should say on the i learning notices that they print and post .

"i learning , it's for stupid people !" (that means you , now get in their and get started on the computer , NOW!)

Yes, let's talk about those iLearning courses. The ones that are used to inform you of new policies and procedures. The ones used to do mandatory recurrent. The ones that had iLearning not been around for we'd still be doing, but with a live instructor. Yeah iLearning is annoying, but it's just a different medium then we're used to. Get used to it, because the Company has realised they can save a fortune in paper plus time for instructors and filing all the records.

I think for you Freedom, we may need to have the Company give you a 10 minute iLearning course on spelling. It's "pedal" not "peddle". Jesus, HTF did you get through high school?

And you've been here "forever"? Since when? I though you'd only been here for a few years. I've been here 10, and every few recurrents I actually learn something I never knew before. I went 5 years with AWA before I knew that a hand swipe through blue juice meant that MX had checked and OKed it. And the Company has also been slipping in new information and changes into the recurrents. You may think it's all review, but look closer. They add new stuff that you are accountable for.

Also, using your taxiing and jet blast examples, maybe you should open your eyes on the ramp. I see someone cut off a taxiing aircraft at least monthly, and someone get jetblasted several times a week. While YOU may not think you need some of these courses, other people do need them. You probably do too, you're just too ignorant to realise it.

Don't get me wrong, I have gripes about iLearning too. The programs aren't formatted to fit the standard company computer monitor resolution, there are too many pointless clicks needed, and sometimes they have exceptionally stupid and degrading games that must be "played" to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.