IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey PJ , that wasn't MY question that was mikes ...

you know ,i've been talking to a few people , and their of the mind that DEN will go before we do ... as far as aiports go , our weather problems are pretty much nill compared to DEN and SFO ... it would make more sense to keep the PHX hub from an operational point of view ...

now it's your turn cltrat ...

How would you feel if half of the work force in your hub got furloughed under the 60 day rule . If there was anything you could do to prevent it , would you ?

frankly I do not think it will happen here Freedom CLT is the closest location to the hub of the biggest competitor in Delta/NW a new runway is being built and a international concourse planned with numerous caribbean flights already and a natural location for a UA/US flights to S.America. I see CLT getting bigger in a merger while we're talking info I was told in the last merger attempt CLT was the center of UA's interest so I have trouble seeing half my co workers go away

if the DEN out as a hub happens as you suggest(highly unlikely imo) where do you think those UA workers who can't be furloughed would wind up?? wake up and smell the coffee dude

I also heard that Canale backtracked, while down in LAS, from the 'just shove the west under the east' garbage he was spreading.

Quite the opposite actually. Three different sources of mine in LAS heard from Boss Canale's lips yesterday that he would force West into the East contract, as is, should this T.A. be rejected. I also heard that some were not happy with that arrangement either as West would assume the 60-day clause, as well.

Furthermore, for all the talk about West scope protections, if am I not mistaken, but does not some of those 19 cities handle nothing but Mesa flights and would not be covered under any current scope protection? Therefore any protection is based upon Management continuing to use West employees for Mesa flights which is not required in the TWU contract?

So Hears Jester.

frankly I do not think it will happen here Freedom CLT is the closest location to the hub of the biggest competitor in Delta/NW a new runway is being built and a international concourse planned with numerous caribbean flights already and a natural location for a UA/US flights to S.America. I see CLT getting bigger in a merger while we're talking info I was told in the last merger attempt CLT was the center of UA's interest so I have trouble seeing half my co workers go away

if the DEN out as a hub happens as you suggest(highly unlikely imo) where do you think those UA workers who can't be furloughed would wind up?? wake up and smell the coffee dude

well i can't see them coming here seeing as we'd have two different contracts , much the same way that you cannot now transfer to the PHX station … so that would mean they would end up bumping their own people in our PHX united station. But not OUR people , but with the way the economy is going they would most likely just go out on furlough …. Do you know how crazy it is to try and sell a house in today economy ? Not to mention keep a house and rent an apartment in another city ? It’s almost not doable

BTW i've been smelling the coffie for a long time , if a merger is coming , you east guys are gonna get hurt bad with your 60 day rule .

Quite the opposite actually.

{so on and so forth }
So Hears Jester.

You know what jester , as hard as it is for me to say it …. If this doesn’t pass , I’m not sure it would be a good idea to roll into the US AIR contract ..we might be better off waiting for the united merger and then rolling into theirs … that 60 day rule is a #### , better for us to avoid it outright .

ok i'll be fair about it , i'll answer yours if you answer mine ...

We have three different payscales because first of all the TWU contract remains unamended , it wasn't suppose to continue on for this long ...

You know I’m not completely sure why you have class two cities , I heard that you voted to subjugated your own brothers rather than take a pay cut , and thus that’s why the HUBS make more and the class two lees .

Now it's my turn ....

How would you feel if half of the people you work with in your station went out on furlough under the 60 day rule ? If you could prevent it , would you ?

You never qualified the ? of payscales. You seem to have anger regarding your pay, yet use the BK east scale to help your explanation. First of all, your payscale is because of our Twu contract. It supresses the lower end and adjusts pay based on region worked......I understand it was the first and the next would have cleaned it up a bit...ok....good enough

I am a east furloughed who was hired in 05 by HP.........Members in my station are still on furlough because of the 60 thing........

7. Article 7

• Employees currently on involuntary furlough for 60 days or more shall forfeit all pay date
seniority except that an employee who is recalled to the station from which he was
furloughed prior to OEI will be placed in the pay scale consistent with their pay date seniority
at date of furlough.

They will never be recalled..............there are no openings and with a merger there never will be for them..........AGAIN you only think about you.....
This language needs to come out and they, as dues paying members need a level playing field. They have earned that much.

rat....that's same thing PIT thought.....

Quite the opposite actually. Three different sources of mine in LAS heard from Boss Canale's lips yesterday that he would force West into the East contract, as is, should this T.A. be rejected. I also heard that some were not happy with that arrangement either as West would assume the 60-day clause, as well.

So Hears Jester.
Jester,

that's what I've been saying all along....they do not want to believe you....

You know what jester , as hard as it is for me to say it …. If this doesn’t pass , I’m not sure it would be a good idea to roll into the US AIR contract ..we might be better off waiting for the united merger and then rolling into theirs … that 60 day rule is a #### , better for us to avoid it outright .

Freedom, what is it with you? Is it 60-day yes?....................or 60-day no?

Vote no and try to eliminate it!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus if you think your gonna get rolled into the UA contract, it depends on who is the surviving contract! I guarantee you haven't read theirs have you?

Freedom, what is it with you? Is it 60-day yes?....................or 60-day no?

Vote no and try to eliminate it!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike , i'm sorry to say it , but most people don't care about the people currently now out on furlough to the 60 day rule ... your one of the few , thats great , but notice before when we were talking about this TA , before all this merger mess came up , that for you folks in the NO side ,

the welfare of the guys out on furlough was not even one of your main points , your main points was that this contract didn't get you enough ...

Mike you want to TRY and get rid of it for the people it currently affects , thats noble , but short sighted , if we MERGE with UNITED , the united people WILL NOT CARE about the us airways people who are currently out on furlough or who will be PUT out on furlough .. you guys arent blood brothers with the united boys , they won't take a hit in talks over our furlouged people .

i'm looking at what is going to be best for those of us in the west if you folks do something stupid like vote this down ... in that case i think you should be left to the mercy of your 60 day rule ....

It would be kind of ironic if those here on the east who VOTE no get furlouged and i get the boot as well, that for me , i could comeback to work someday at the pay level i'm now at , while all of you would have to start over from day one ...

do you not see why your 60 day rule is bad for the majority of fleet who are now currently employed ?

gf I have to at least give you credit you've always been clear it was all about you unlike Freedom

If this does pass IMO not many AW stations will enjoy any pay raise. Talk to P.rez away from this forum. Things will get down and dirty after the 22 close and they come looking for 800 additional jobs. Look what happened to PIT. PHX will no longer have the sand castle. Doug will be Chicago bound and PHX is centralized enough to become an RJ hub. Rolling over to our contract would be the ticket that they need. United will still need to remove the CIC to guarantee any future road blocks and will eventually make a better offer to fleet to get rid of it.
Play this game smart. Hold together with the east an fight Randy together. It will be the only way.

If this does pass IMO not many AW stations will enjoy any pay raise. Talk to P.rez away from this forum. Things will get down and dirty after the 22 close and they come looking for 800 additional jobs. Look what happened to PIT. PHX will no longer have the sand castle. Doug will be Chicago bound and PHX is centralized enough to become an RJ hub. Rolling over to our contract would be the ticket that they need. United will still need to remove the CIC to guarantee any future road blocks and will eventually make a better offer to fleet to get rid of it.
Play this game smart. Hold together with the east an fight Randy together. It will be the only way.

Play it smart , hmm I can’t remember rat tales , what was your position on the CHANGE OF CONTROL , did you think it would pass ?

Perservarance told me in this thread a few days ago to show unity and stand with the majority of my brothers and sisters in the vote , but perseverance overlooked the fact that I was one of the few who was telling all of you that the change of control would be lost , and guess what ? IT WAS …. No thank you , I’ll PASS on your so called group intelligence …

If it was up to me and this went down , then I’d pass on your BK contract , to be completely honest that 60 day thing sends shivers down my spine …

But go on and cling to your CIC and 60 day rule … if this all falls apart I’ll be amused to see how far those two things get you .

Question for you brothers , the east guys seem concerned about their scope and what not , after I browsed over their current BK contract and our proposed TA, I did a double take on this provision in the new TA , it’s in article 3 .

For the period from the effective date of this Agreement, the Company will not outsource normal and customary ramp work as described in Article 4.A.1 at any station where that work is currently being performed by Fleet Service Employees of US Airways / America West providing such station maintains more than fourteen (14) scheduled jet departures weekly (calculated on an annualized basis based on the time frame outlined in the CBA). This provision will remain in effect through December 30, 2011. Effective December 31, 2011, any station covered under this paragraph (except those listed below in bullet point 3) will fall under the January 31, 2005 CBA, Article 3 as amended

As I understand it , the threshold to outsource in the east contract is considerably higher (that means worse ) isn’t it ? Something like 69 or so flights right ? So if I’m following all this TA legal mumbo jumbo correctly , wouldn’t they be strengthening their scope by voting for this TA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.