IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
DF,

Again, why shouldn't we vote no on may 8th, to have the strength in numbers to go into traditional bargaining in 09 with our UA brothers and sisters? If the DL and NW pilots can't hold up that merger, what makes you think the we (fleet service) can hold up this "proposed" merger?

And just who says that even if this merger is announced that the government will let it pass? Everything is just a big what "if"...The safest option is still a NO vote. The company is just trying to get something for nothing with this TA.

And just who says that even if this merger is announced that the government will let it pass? Everything is just a big what "if"...The safest option is still a NO vote. The company is just trying to get something for nothing with this TA.

You said it all right there.

Did your local AGC explain to you that anyone outside of 25 miles could
vote by mail? It's probably to late for that right now.

I'm in SAN. We are probably going to be OK under any scenario.
(UA is a protected station in SAN) But were still giving up
1. Thousands in Med bens
2. an amendable contract
3. Vacations
4. Protection (in the event of no merger or a "creative merger"
5. Geo pay
6. 8.3% less pay raise than the east
7. loss of 401k 3% gross match (BTW in the stock market
heyday some employees were making more per month on
thier 401k than their salary)
8. For this we get a pention contribution less that the Sept TA
and which probably up to 90% of us will never see a penny of.

These other guys in CA are losing everything.
Note to LLC and Canale: If these stations are not making money
then cut back on operations. But don't pull this underhanded crap
an try to use them for leverage to fill your pockets and them
make it as difficult for them to vote as possible.

Who is your AGC? He should be held accountable for this. GR and
DF stop fooling around and do something that can make a difference
for the integrity of this vote even if you believe it wont pass.

I have to agree how can we be expected to believe fleet can hold up a multi billion dollar merger when the guys flying the planes can't?

beside UA is in no position to walk away

Should have over 1,700 No votes from CLT and PHL IMO.
The vans will be rolling in both stations as these two stations must get a big turnout. They have the numbers so as long as they turn out this should be academic. Canale knows the same thing I do so he is trying to 'squeeze' each last yes vote by biasing the vote by allowing PHX to vote in the breakrooms and restricting many west stations that are 100% no's from voting in town. Some stations have to drive 2 hours so I doubt many 100% No stations will get one single vote.

At any rate, with a rejection, the only one not coming back to the table is Randy Canale. We're coming for him in June and a transition negotiations team will be established in July.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago
Don't worry about PHL. Been told the vans are secured and they will try to get 1,200 no votes this time. Last time I think they ran 50% but with 1,700 members we will do more this time. It's going up their as$ that Canale is letting PHX vote in the breakrooms in hopes of drowning the vote in PHL.

Also, about 10 workers showed up for the contract explanation meeting, mostly to tell Randy's boys to stick this up their as$. Everyone already knows this contract is pathetic and only preparing them for United. If CLT joins us in PHL with a strong 95% No then this tentative will be defeated. I also sat next to someone on the jet the other day from LAS and he said LAS was a decent no vote. My friends on the PIT ramp aren't as strong No as they were last time but I'm hoping they join my buddies here and produce a strong no vote to send a strong message to big al that fleet service finally has it in them to endure and finish.

I would like nothing better than to see Big Al and Randy turned down again from trying to screw my buddies at the company.

The Bagfather,

The big problem here is as far as I can see there would be no reason why we
wouldn't be stuck with this TA for a long time. The complications of this
are really mind boggling but to make a long story short I think there would
be no motivation to bring us together with UA for a long time.

So, wouldn't we be stuck with the TWU contract for a long time also if voted down?

The Bagfather,

The big problem here is as far as I can see there would be no reason why we
wouldn't be stuck with this TA for a long time. The complications of this
are really mind boggling but to make a long story short I think there would
be no motivation to bring us together with UA for a long time.

So, wouldn't we be stuck with the TWU contract for a long time also if voted down?
Yes but a long time minus 2 years, correct?

PHX,

Districtforce says,

I also doubt United airlines would want to staff the small west stations or even keep PHX and LAS as hubs.

Districtforce is someone high up in IAM. PHX may not be a hub in the future if merged with UA. DF also mentions 6000 jobs remaining in the future from LCC. We currently have 7700 Fleet. He is admitting to us that 1700 jobs will be gone if this merger takes place. Outsourcing 22 west field stations would only account for half of the 1700. I've stated my reasons for voting yes on this POS TA but I hope each and everyone of you are weighing all the facts. There have been many good arguments to vote no on here and many yes reasons but you need to look at the TA and factor in what if we merge with UA. This really SUX, thanks for taking care of us Dougie.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

DF,

Again, why shouldn't we vote no on may 8th, to have the strength in numbers to go into traditional bargaining in 09 with our UA brothers and sisters? If the DL and NW pilots can't hold up that merger, what makes you think the we (fleet service) can hold up this "proposed" merger?
Remember that if you hold out until 09, that friggen 60 day rule remains in effect until that time. If any additional furloughs take place between now and then, many will be bit in the ### by it.

P rez
unfortunately that's how corporate execs like Dougie and Scottie work they line their pockets with money made from the sweat from their workers, then when they don't need em they cut em and walk away with golden parachute in tact

as far as cuts go and this is not a scare tactics just the way I see it CLT and PHL are in much better positions in a US/UA merger than is PHX and LAS and it's there I think most of the rest will come

P.rez unlike Freedom I do not have a crystal ball and I could very well be wrong. I have come to respect you and your opinions and hope you and your coworkers make a decision you can live with

cltrat,

P.rez unlike Freedom I do not have a crystal ball and I could very well be wrong. I have come to respect you and your opinions and hope you and your coworkers make a decision you can live with

Thanks, I respect you and the other east no posters also. I am aware and have been saying at work that PHX could take a hard hit in a merger.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

DF,

Again, why shouldn't we vote no on may 8th, to have the strength in numbers to go into traditional bargaining in 09 with our UA brothers and sisters?

BECAUSE I AM SICK OF MAKING BK WAGES AND DON'T WANT TO DO IT FOR ANOTHER 3 YEARS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.