IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Integrate West into East without a T/A? … Ain’t Gonna Happen !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the time has come to address the “conveyed threatâ€, to integrate the West Fleet into the existing East Fleet CBA.

Now… I will submit to this forum that this threat contains many adverse effects for the Union, but more so for the Company.

Mr. District Force, (Correct spelling intended)…has made it clear that the Company’s position on having the current COC in our agreement is not an affordable option for US Airways.

Now… lets examine what happens if we reject this Tentative Agreement (T/A) next week.

If this T/A, is in fact rejected (As I feel it will be)…
The Company has only two (2)… viable options available them.

1) Go back to the table…sweeten the T/A, and then…see what happens in another vote.

2) Work within the auspices of the existing East CBA, while attempting to “fold†West Fleet into it with, or without a vote… while simultaneously attempting to merge with United Airlines, or any other Air Carrier for that matter.

Now… let’s evaluate the ramifications of bringing the entire West Fleet Group into the East CBA, while executing a Change in Control, or a Merger with another Air Carrier. Guess what… you just added the entire West Fleet Group to the cost liability equation of an awarded COC arbitration!

In other words… My gut feeling is that this thinly veiled threat is just that!

The Company would inherit the entire West Fleet Group as another COC cost liability, in addition to the present cost liability of East!

Let ‘um bluff away… I say call ‘um on it !

P.S. Mr. Farce, Go ahead…respond to this…does the above post make any sense to you? You have made tremendous progress in working your way toward complete transparency. At this point you are opaque…leaning toward…translucent… however, I feel this change of heart, is due to Membership demands currently placed on the IAM.

Yer southern buddy...

Yes and if they do go ahead with that so called threat than with our current scope language.
The cities that might be farmed out in 3 years will be done in 6 months. Yes Im so glad your fighting for the little guys here.
You see that still saves them money because they wont have as many of us to deal with.
The 60 day rule takes effect on all of them than poof there gone. Again whos helping who here.

roa that is an excellent point and from what ive heard PHL and CLT are going no on this POS TA
I wonder how many of those 18 west cities are going to vote yes to vote themselves out of a job? i doubt they would vote yes.

Yes and if they do go ahead with that so called threat than with our current scope language.
The cities that might be farmed out in 3 years will be done in 6 months. Yes Im so glad your fighting for the little guys here.
You see that still saves them money because they wont have as many of us to deal with.
The 60 day rule takes effect on all of them than poof there gone. Again whos helping who here.

You don't get it... they ain't ahh snowball's chance in He**, that they will actually be stupid enough to do it !

Heres what I think is going to happen.
Yes the company is waitng on our vote to announce the merger.
That way however it goes they will no exactly how to structure the deal. With COC or without COC.
You see the COC is not worth anything here.
Now as far as what will happen if there is a merger, well everything at this point is pure spectulation, it might not even go thru. For us to sit here and say this station is going to be effected or that one, should have nothing to do with this vote. This whole industry is changing and is also in the middle of higher and higher cost. We have a chance to gain what we can now and hope we become a stronger airline and group.
With what I read everyday about our economy and its effect on everything I have to say its just insanity to vote against a pay raise. Yes I said insanity, You New direction agenda guys are polluting this whole thing. No its not a perfact agreement, nor will your New Direction team get a better one. We cant keep waitng on this thing to get better and hope and wait for 2 to 3 more years.
The time is now to put down your differences and understand this can be a positive for all of us.

For you freedom keep up the fight. We are with you guys in the west.
Oh and Im not sure who said it but the one post on here who said he talked to some guys who are voting no just to shut up PHX. Now thats some solidarity for ya. Oh ya.

roa that is an excellent point and from what ive heard PHL and CLT are going no on this POS TA
I wonder how many of those 18 west cities are going to vote yes to vote themselves out of a job? i doubt they would vote yes.

Hear yahh robbed!...I'm looking for an 80% NO from CLT...

Roabilly
Not a chance. Doing so does not get them what they wanted in the first place.
1. COC
2. West Scope
3. Extention

Every contract they have gotten has an extention till Dec 2011.

Fuzz
You just don't get it do you. The COC may have value or may not. The bottom line is they want it gone.

Heres what I think is going to happen.
Yes the company is waitng on our vote to announce the merger.
That way however it goes they will no exactly how to structure the deal.

You have got to be sh**ing me...

Are you so naive as think that a Big Corporate entity such as US Airways will actually have to structure a multi-billion dollar consolidation agreement, to create the Worlds Largest Airline…around…what Fleet Service may or may not do ?

He**… the Pilots of United and US combined, don’t even have that much influence!

Get off the Fool-Aid!

Given the odds I feel a NO vote is the safest choice. The company is always willing to give a cost nuetral contract.

You have got to be sh**ing me...

Are you so naive as think that a Big Corporate entity such as US Airways will actually have to structure a multi-billion dollar consolidation agreement, to create the Worlds Largest Airline…around…what Fleet Service may or may not do ?

He**… the Pilots of United and US combined, don’t even have that much influence!

Get off the Fool-Aid!

OMG you guys tell so many half truths and whatever else you dont even know what you say anymore. I cant tell you how many times I have read on here that they have to have this vote in order to go ahead with a merger.
I even remember Tim saying that unless we voted the last one in they could not get a single certificate. Hmm looks like we got that. Do you even beleive anything you say or do in tring to keep this from going thru.
Now I understand how you can keep your boys in CLT and PHL from voting for this.
You dont even give them the truth about anything.
You prob just lock them in a room till its time to vote and say ok now its your turn to go vote no.
You guys are a joke.
Oh and I have still never seen anything here from you No voters that you beleive would be good enough for you to vote for.
I say its becasue you dont have any idea, other than the tag line so called industry standard.
Whatever that is suppose to be.

Should have over 1,700 No votes from CLT and PHL IMO.
The vans will be rolling in both stations as these two stations must get a big turnout. They have the numbers so as long as they turn out this should be academic. Canale knows the same thing I do so he is trying to 'squeeze' each last yes vote by biasing the vote by allowing PHX to vote in the breakrooms and restricting many west stations that are 100% no's from voting in town. Some stations have to drive 2 hours so I doubt many 100% No stations will get one single vote.

At any rate, with a rejection, the only one not coming back to the table is Randy Canale. We're coming for him in June and a transition negotiations team will be established in July.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Given the odds I feel a NO vote is the safest choice. The company is always willing to give a cost nuetral contract.
worst vacation, worst sick time, worst holiday pay, worst health cost, and a wage that guarantees you will be at Continental's current wages in the year 2016.

I'd have to say that deal will always be on the table and to be honest you don't need a union for that deal. PHX has isolated itself at this point.

regards,
Tim Nelson

OMG you guys tell so many half truths and whatever else you dont even know what you say anymore. I cant tell you how many times I have read on here that they have to have this vote in order to go ahead with a merger.
I even remember Tim saying that unless we voted the last one in they could not get a single certificate. Hmm looks like we got that. Do you even beleive anything you say or do in tring to keep this from going thru.
Now I understand how you can keep your boys in CLT and PHL from voting for this.
You dont even give them the truth about anything.
You prob just lock them in a room till its time to vote and say ok now its your turn to go vote no.
You guys are a joke.
Oh and I have still never seen anything here from you No voters that you beleive would be good enough for you to vote for.
I say its becasue you dont have any idea, other than the tag line so called industry standard.
Whatever that is suppose to be.
Fuzz
I know exactly what I believe in. I can't speak for anybody else but I know what it would take for me to vote yes.
I am no joke and take my stance firmly and with conviction.

worst vacation, worst sick time, worst holiday pay, worst health cost, and a wage that guarantees you will be at Continental's current wages in the year 2016.

I'd have to say that deal will always be on the table and to be honest you don't need a union for that deal. PHX has isolated itself at this point.

regards,
Tim Nelson
and chances are that CO will have better pay benef etc for their own employees goes to show how MGMT and EMPLOYEES get along well

I have a question. If I am not mistaken is not the local lodge meeting in CLT and the T/A vote being held the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back