IAM FLEET SERVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
bagchucker.
"The moral of this is: Don't bid for CONX runner.
I've worked on the PHX ramp and yea... if you work ramp 2 in the A.M. you will get 5-6 back2back A-320s loaded... or go work ramp 5 and if you get lucky you might end up with 1 flt on your entire shift. Wouldn't bid for CONX to save a life...yea lots of down time between flts, but runnin ragged while criss-crossing T4 with 4 trailers off the inbound HNL flt is no bueno
."

MY ?? is way do you guys run around out there like chicken with there heads cut off .. That kinda of work environment doesn't fly
back east.. Where's the great Pooba MR Roth at to stop such practices.

it's like being in sales. the more you produce the MORE management puts on you to produce. having someone met a HI inbd with
200 bags by themselves is just plain STUPID .

Agreed...but it happens. That is why sane people don't bid conx runner lines :)

bagchucker
nice avatar what state is that one. sorry for my ignorance in state flags

I talked to somebody at work today that didn't even know we had lost the COC much less that there were "talks" being held at the end of the month.

Hey GOLDENRAM,
since your in the know on the NEG team.. IS there 1 thing you can divulge to us that the IAM is trying to get

to improve this b/s t/a.. (I'm sure I already know the answer but that I would ask )

ps if your ever in BWI .. check out Phillips at the Inner harbor for some great . Crap cakes.

700UW...From what I've seen you are pretty much an expert on EVERYTHING, everything that is except the ramp..you don't know s..t :down: :down: I've worked both the hubs and class 2 and there is no comparison. Ya the flights are heavier in the hubs, but you're not climbing in a mainline one minute and then a commuter next and when you're done with that you have to dump a lav or put water on a flight. After that you are asked to clean up puke or maybe a windshield on a mainline, etc..etc.etc all this for $2 an hour less than the guys in the hubs. So keep your opinions to your self about the ramp till you have actually worked both. Oh and why do I stay in this class 2 station (which somebody will bring up) because I happen to like having my kids grow up in a smaller city with less crime and good schools so maybe some day they will have a good job and not work for a sh.t company like USAir. :down:
I started my airline career on the ramp, worked air cargo and customer service before transfering into M&R.

Ever load a 757 going to the West Coast, have the plane break then have to unload it then load another 757 as fast as possible to get out as close to on time as possible?

Ever work ABR and have 50 plus bags to run to 30 other flights?

Mainline ramp in the hubs dont only work one gate, they work in zones, so they could be done with one flight and then have to go work another.

They do R&D, Deicing, Air Starts, hook up power and air and do a walk around.

A hub and an outlying city each have their own dynamics and when MDA flew into CLT, the ramp was responsible for cleaning, lavs and water.

But by volume alone they hubs do more work and are just as short staffed as the outlying stations.

And as far as not posting my opinion when it is called morparmanaviation.com, then you can tell me not to post my thoughts, facts and opinions, the point of a message board is to exchange ideas and debate, and if you dont like my posts, then dont read them or use the ignore feature.

I started my airline career on the ramp, worked air cargo and customer service before transfering into M&R.

Ever load a 757 going to the West Coast, have the plane break then have to unload it then load another 757 as fast as possible to get out as close to on time as possible?

Ever work ABR and have 50 plus bags to run to 30 other flights?

Mainline ramp in the hubs dont only work one gate, they work in zones, so they could be done with one flight and then have to go work another.

They do R&D, Deicing, Air Starts, hook up power and air and do a walk around.

A hub and an outlying city each have their own dynamics and when MDA flew into CLT, the ramp was responsible for cleaning, lavs and water.

But by volume alone they hubs do more work and are just as short staffed as the outlying stations.

And as far as not posting my opinion when it is called morparmanaviation.com, then you can tell me not to post my thoughts, facts and opinions, the point of a message board is to exchange ideas and debate, and if you dont like my posts, then dont read them or use the ignore feature.

There are pros and cons in every city.....we all work hard and we all get the shaft.....EVERY DAY.

Why is it that in some Usairways contracts class I and class II cities make the same wages and in some contracts they don't? This is disparage treatment if you ask all of us !
Because the unions had to find a concessionary money amount and IAM decided to make two pay scale with the higher pay class I out voting the lower pay class II.Same with the outsourcing of stations the large stations carrying the vote

Because the unions had to find a concessionary money amount and IAM decided to make two pay scale with the higher pay class I out voting the lower pay class II.Same with the outsourcing of stations the large stations carrying the vote
then basically it was a waste of time for those maller cities to vote when they were going to lose anyhow due to the larger hubs

then basically it was a waste of time for those maller cities to vote when they were going to lose anyhow due to the larger hubs
The company knew this and the union knew this. That is my point with CWA having express stations the company would/will/can have every small and medium station at express pay and benefits scale if the could/can/will and CWA/compay will allow this because all is UNION. I would like CWA leadership to address this in a statement. IAM basely has express pay with CLASS II work rules. CWA has Class II work rules and still has Mid Atlantic language and pay scale as well as mainline express .Ready reserve language that lets the company hire employees not eligible for heath pension vacation or sick leave and no work rules
IF IT IS MAINLINE MAINLINE EMPLOYEES SHOULD WORK THE FLIGHTS ..NOT EXPRESS NOT MANAGEMENT NOT EXPRESS MAINLINE EMPLOYEES

John John

My friend your bring a very VALID point . I totally agree with you on that. It should not matter if you work in a hub / focus city/

or class II city . We are all or were USAIRWAYS employees.. As far as the IAM side goes. that just goes to show you that

they have the Company INTEREST FIRST before the membership . an example of that is our last t/a want to OUTSOURCE 17 more

citys out west . WHY.

NOW how can we get that fixed. thats the million dollar question.

You would think the UNIONS would want to UNIFY they membership instead of dividing them. ONCE again Who's interest do they

really have..

The biggest concern that I have heard is a lot of people think we will not get the chance to vote on what ever they come up with. Some have even said the ink is already dry its just a formality of going through the motions of a meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts