IAM FLEET SERVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest concern that I have heard is a lot of people think we will not get the chance to vote on what ever they come up with. Some have even said the ink is already dry its just a formality of going through the motions of a meeting.

I have heard the same - except the IAM is trying to give away more of the farm. The company won't kill the golden goose, but they can ride it like a 3$ street walker.

The biggest concern that I have heard is a lot of people think we will not get the chance to vote on what ever they come up with. Some have even said the ink is already dry its just a formality of going through the motions of a meeting.

If that's the case then it better have changed or..........

View attachment 7009

My understanding is that the company doesn't want you to vote since it needs to get the fleet service and also the Mechanics transition agreements in place 'quickly' since it wants to be a serious player in the upcoming mergers. As I posted in July, United airlines and US AIRWAYS will be merging soon enough.

My understanding is that the plan by parker and United Airline Board member Canale was to screw over Fleet service first and put out a contract in the first week of August, then after a ratification give the mechanics a bit more, then to have UA come in [as I said, early fall] with a merger agreement conditioned on the pilots resolving seniority issues and getting a transition.

Fleet service screwed United Board member Canale's plan all up when the company/Canale was too arrogant and actually gave Fleet service a concessionary contract. Now, the window of time is most likely going to have the company press Canale to just merge west in with east, otherwise another 30 days would be needed.

Remember, it is Parker who needs the transition and if he doesn't want to give fleet service $20+ then let him wait till 2009. Fleet Service has the leverage and they have the power not to allow Parker to get a transition without a fair and equitable contract that has dignity and respect. Transition isn't fleet service's problem, it's Parker's.

regards,

Tim Nelson
Local Chairman 1487

One thing is for sure this would make the people in the west pretty happy until they had to call in sick or go to the doctor. It might be the final straw for the east I am sure it would send quite a few over the edge.

My understanding is that the company doesn't want you to vote since it needs to get the fleet service and also the Mechanics transition agreements in place 'quickly' since it wants to be a serious player in the upcoming mergers. As I posted in July, United airlines and US AIRWAYS will be merging soon enough.

My understanding is that the plan by parker and United Airline Board member Canale was to screw over Fleet service first and put out a contract in the first week of August, then after a ratification give the mechanics a bit more, then to have UA come in [as I said, early fall] with a merger agreement conditioned on the pilots resolving seniority issues and getting a transition.

Fleet service screwed United Board member Canale's plan all up when the company/Canale was too arrogant and actually gave Fleet service a concessionary contract. Now, the window of time is most likely going to have the company press Canale to just merge west in with east, otherwise another 30 days would be needed.

Remember, it is Parker who needs the transition and if he doesn't want to give fleet service $20+ then let him wait till 2009. Fleet Service has the leverage and they have the power not to allow Parker to get a transition without a fair and equitable contract that has dignity and respect. Transition isn't fleet service's problem, it's Parker's.

regards,

Tim Nelson
Local Chairman 1487

Tim,
How did you reach your "understandings"? If you have an 'in' with the Board, by all means - spell it out.

regards,

Tim Nelson
Local Chairman 1487

Pretty serious charges there Sparky!

You might want to have some real proof to back those charges up otherwise you are commiting Libel. Don't libelous statements get people kicked out of places like this? I mean you are naming people and saying specifically what their intentions were.

Nice way to rally the troops in another miguided attempt at building your own empire, but at the end of the day you have no juice to back up your statements, as such they are libelous.

One thing is for sure this would make the people in the west pretty happy until they had to call in sick or go to the doctor. It might be the final straw for the east I am sure it would send quite a few over the edge.
Canale is politically 'doomed' already so he most likely wouldn't care if not having a vote would alienate him from the 5%-10% of his current supporters, and Parker is pressured to end the labor strife on the property so he can close out any possible merger deals, so getting his transition without a vote, even if it further incites workers on the east, would just most likely be a necessary evil for him.

At any rate, we have moved to secure a complete ticket to run against Canale and his boys. I can assure you that from Honolulu to New York, this thing is 'solid' and Canale will experience "great pain" as both him and his ticket go down in a huge defeat. Afterwards, real bargaining committees will be established at all the DL141 airlines, and the members will have a voice back. Gotta clean the deadweight out first though.

regards,

Tim Nelson,
IAM Local Chairman ORD 1487

We would rather listen to what Tim has to say instead of a AGC who has become a company mouth piece. The way we see it at least Tim has our best interest in mind. Its not libel if its the truth. Elections are coming up we will see who has the "juice".

We would rather listen to what Tim has to say instead of a AGC who has become a company mouth piece. The way we see it at least Tim has our best interest in mind. Its not libel if its the truth. Elections are coming up we will see who has the "juice".
Hadenough,

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm a member of DL141 also so we have naturally similar interest. Further, I'm not a member of the $100,000 club so my interest isn't biased by Canale money.
At any rate, it's not that I want you to listen to me or someone else, my intent on my postings on this site are to pass along information as it relates to your representational bargaining status, wages, and moments of decision. Informed consent is what I'm most interested in. And I have also decided to participate in a local position once again because of all the nonsense of this district.

regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, ORD 1487

Goldenram (ROD)

Tim has nothing to gain here, but you do. That's why your intent is to discredit.
Don't forget where the uniform room at phl is located.
and by the way thanks for the 17cents extra, i'm on my 3rd day of it.
Are you really proud of the contract you and "cheap suites " brought back to the rank and file?

Tim, how could you possibly have known what Canolies intentions were? Can you cite your accusations or are you just getting this from an "inside source?"

It just seems a little shady, like car Ram-Rod said, and it makes what you say seem like you have a personal vandetta against Canolie. Like he screwed your wife or something.

Maybe I missed it, but where in the rulebook did it say the fleet service had to be merged before we could acquire UA? Who, besides you, have stated that we will even go after UA? In fact, people in prominent positions like yours have named a number of different airlines that we are going to merge with. All speculation! At any rate, does the same go for the pilots? If so, why isn't there chatter from the pilots unions saying the same things you say in regards to the merger game? I talk to pilots all the time. The only thing they are doing is fighting eachother over the senority issues and the formation of new representation. Will the company be barred from merging with seperate pilot contracts?

I'm sorry, your statements now are completly contridictory to what you stated before the COC ruling, stating that DP has publicly stated that 2 contracts would save the company money. Did Doug and Canolies plans change since then?? I doubt that because Parker has stated from day 1 that the airline biz will now be all about consolidation, We ALL know this.

People are only giving us half of the details, and only tell more when it fits their agenda. I am more inclined to listen to the union when they say they are going to iron out a deal at the end of this month, and have patience with their negotations. This doesn't mean I will blindly support a weak contract though.

Tim makes up his stories as he goes along. He wants to be a part of the 100K club, he even tries to form his own unions. He is a good story teller, he rallies the troops, gets them all fired up, but ultimately falls flat on his face, but he is like that Ant Frank Sinatra sings about, he keeps getting back up, only to get knocked down again.

He knows nothing about backroom deals or intentions, he knows what you guys want to hear, and he has a willing audience when he types it on this board.

I'm sorry, your statements now are completly contridictory to what you stated before the COC ruling, stating that DP has publicly stated that 2 contracts would save the company money. Did Doug and Canolies plans change since then?? I doubt that because Parker has stated from day 1 that the airline biz will now be all about consolidation, We ALL know this.

People are only giving us half of the details, and only tell more when it fits their agenda. I am more inclined to listen to the union when they say they are going to iron out a deal at the end of this month, and have patience with their negotations. This doesn't mean I will blindly support a weak contract though.

They fit his purpose today, and that is all you need to know about that subject!

Be careful of who you get your news from, and ultimately make the decision that is best for YOU not some guy who contradicts himself all of the time, but all in the name of brotherhood!

P.S. He likes to believe that I am an AGC, but the truth is, I am not, but by calling me this, he thinks he gains some Juice!

Goldenram (ROD)

Tim has nothing to gain here, but you do. That's why your intent is to discredit.
Don't forget where the uniform room at phl is located.
and by the way thanks for the 17cents extra, i'm on my 3rd day of it.
Are you really proud of the contract you and "cheap suites " brought back to the rank and file?

What is really discouraging with your present misleaders is the fact that they either have no intention of negotiating or are stupid. Canale's goofy letter talking about the changing environment, Brickner's email talking about $100 oil, and other company 'pottymouth statements' are indicative of the fine mess these guys have created for the members. They should be sounding off about corporate greed; demanding industry standard wages/benefits; and not allowing your company to bring goofy concessions back.

This company has 'tons' of money. Consider the following
1. 2 new VP's just for PHL
2. Parker got his new 'deal'
3. $3.5 billion in cash
4. plenty of money that is now being spent on new ramp equipment
5. money being spent on new uniform wardrobe for CSA
6. $9 billion to buy Delta
7. Yearly profits

Take care of fleet service before spending a dime on new company uniforms!

It's unacceptable for fleet service to continue under a bankrupt contract in any context. Industry standard is fair, otherwise, let Parker wait. Don't allow Parker the transition agreement he desperately needs until he takes care of fleet service.

The fleet service rank and file won't allow Parker to come in with a 'piss clam' contract that contracts out 19 cities, offers IOU's, and continues industry bottom wages. The best part is that the District has now been taken over on the US AIRWAYS side by the rank and file, and the District officers have no 'juice'. Parker already knows that nobody listens to those who were on the previous negotiations committee [see vote]. Canale can't even go into his own local without getting "Bi### SL****'.

After a briefing, my understanding is that the newbies on Canale's negotiations team will recognize the mandate that the fleet service workers gave the company, as evidenced by the last vote. This may prevent Canale from orchestrating anything without a vote. Canale has no 'juice' and will be replaced by election soon enough. Then we will finally be able to rid DL141 of him and allow him to pursue any leads he has made while being on the United Board of Directors.

regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, ORD 1487

Tim makes up his stories as he goes along. He wants to be a part of the 100K club, he even tries to form his own unions. He is a good story teller, he rallies the troops, gets them all fired up, but ultimately falls flat on his face, but he is like that Ant Frank Sinatra sings about, he keeps getting back up, only to get knocked down again.

He knows nothing about backroom deals or intentions, he knows what you guys want to hear, and he has a willing audience when he types it on this board.
Goldenram,
This board provides information on opposing opinions. Used to be that Canale's opinion would go unchallenged. Color me whatever Goldenram, I'm not seeking to defend myself or my opinion.

At any rate, I'm fixing to tell a new story entitled, "How Canale's Regime got kicked out of office." The first chapter is going to be written in February [you'll see how the nominations go] and it will be an open book and will happen at the locals.
Exciting times indeed for the rank and file, however, Canale and his regime will experience 'great pain' as the new district team easily gets on the ballot. Maybe we can add some more Sinatra music to it entitled, "...is a tramp..."

regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman 1487 ORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back