IAM Mech. & Related thread

What do you think about the Tentative Agreement with IAM M&R?

• Yes I am for it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am undecided

• No I will vote against it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What will you have if we go BK in the next 9 mo. and lets say we get bought by lets say United and they are in BK also? You will be on a pay freeze also a 10% pay cut and the 3% a year and the $1.75 a license gone and no C.O.C !!!! Why did Doug Parker put a C.O.C in his new Contract?????? One more thing a Contract till 2012!!! This is just a few things to chew on. VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What will you have if we go BK in the next 9 mo. and lets say we get bought by lets say United and they are in BK also? You will be on a pay freeze also a 10% pay cut and the 3% a year and the $1.75 a license gone and no C.O.C !!!! Why did Doug Parker put a C.O.C in his new Contract?????? One more thing a Contract till 2012!!! This is just a few things to chew on. VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be very careful what you wish for. Case in point is what happened to the AW M&R group.
There Teamster contract expired in 2003, at which time they started negotiating with AW under the railway labor act. (section 6) Then 2 years went by with no agreement, and they merged with Usairways. Then there was a long battle on who was going to represent us, which dragged out the transition talks, and now its been OVER FIVE YEARS and they are still making what their contract topped out at in 2003.

So go ahead and roll the dice with that COC language, and then an arbitrator will side for the company after 3 more years, and your screwed all over again. The attorneys for these companys can circumvent that COC language to get around it if their is another merger. They know its there.

Now playing at US/HP stations across the nation the pending epic disaster- GONE WITH THE TA. Written, directed, and produced by the IAM, and starring the IAM pension plan. Sound track by the SpLIEce Boys featuring the hit "What I really really really want (your 401k $$$). Warning contains foul language and rated a VOTE NO. Vote NO this TA let's see revision A.

WE had meetings here in Pittsburgh. Here is the deal no job protections for Pit, but job protection for AGC'S, with the pending dues increase and positive space flights they will be in good shape, that doesn't even talk about their raise. That is of course after our money bails out their pension plan. Answers at the meeting about why Pit isn't on the list of protected cities included , remember when you were hired you signed to go anywhere the airline needed you. Most questions where answered showing how indigent it was for the union to actually have explain the agreement. No answers on the Pension it was too much to send someone to have answers to that. That meeting occurs next week after they have had enough time to make up some good stories and forges some good looking financial sheets. Look at the summary plan description on line now, look quick before its gone , if for some reason you leave before 5 years (you know the airline needs you in El Salvador and your family won't go) you get less than USAir put in the plan for you. :down: :down: :down:

Hi- Just an outsider looking in if I may. If you all remember the proposed UA merger years ago that didn't go through and saved your memiorbilia like I did, then please refer to "yellow Jacket proxy" that was mailed out to all of us. There was definite language in it for COC which favored all employees and that COC would prevail.

I cannot fathom why all of you, so late in the game would consider a transition agreement that excludes language of COC, profit sharing etc., when you would be the first group in 2009 negotiating a new contract. The early bird....reaps the harvest so to speak and will beat all other labor groups to the bargaining table in 2012. If the COC is so unimportant and you believe that an arbitrator would flip it off because of a technicality, then why is the company so interested in removing such language in your new TA?
Also, whats one more year? Date of hire within "classification" is a "whirlwind" catch phrase that could mean almost anything. Take heed from PB, read existing contracts and compare with your new TA that the company is trying to force down your throats, not to mention your negotiating committee. Read labors response to the new TA. They think you are all idiots. I believe that you are the top of "skilled labor" and should use this skill to figure out the game being played here.

The TA states "The Company shall maintain a minimum headcount of six-hundred and seventy-five (675) active base maintenance lead mechanics, mechanics, inspectors, lead utility and utility
employees combined. (Subject to force majeure provisions as described in Article 5.H and
20.D.2.)"

What is the present "head count" ?

Quick question. I thought stations were either line stations (phl, phx, bos) or bases (pit, clt). How can one be both? Does the IAM or the company see CLT as both because the new TA has CLT as a protected line station. If it can be both....my bad! But last time I checked, CLT did heavy checks.

There are 300 mechanics in base and 80 mechanics on the line all 3 shifts in Pit and there are 500 mechanics in base and 200 mechanics in Charlotte. And the are a total of 370,000 members represented by the IAM in 2008 the same amount 100 years ago the IAM was At one time 1,000,000 strong I guess they have to organize in Chile , El Salvadour and South America to get their numbers and dues up because of outsourcing. They still don't realize they have to represent the members after they organize them and not just take care of themselves.

I guess they have to organize in Chile , El Salvadour and South America to get their numbers and dues up because of outsourcing. .
And this my union brother is managements biggest bargaining chip with license A/P mechanics outsourcing is alive and well in corporate American NO WORK GROUP IS
IMMUNE

Now playing at US/HP stations across the nation the pending epic disaster- GONE WITH THE TA. Written, directed, and produced by the IAM, and starring the IAM pension plan. Sound track by the SpLIEce Boys featuring the hit "What I really really really want (your 401k $$$). Warning contains foul language and rated a VOTE NO. Vote NO this TA let's see revision A.
I am going to vote NO For the following reasons:
1. The pay increase proposed is a slap in the face, it ends where it should be starting.
2. The 50% sick time pay is another reason, no WEST employee comes close to the 100 day criteria for full pay. The present WEST system allows a max of 320 hours to be accrued. We have several people that have not had a sick day in 20 years.
3. License premium is a laugh, we have the lowest premium in the industry.
4. Holidays: Why take away from what you have now, just to have them added back over the next 3 years. Sounds like bean counter heaven.
5. Union representatives flying POSITIVE SPACE when the rank and file go standby.
6. Eliminate Pofit Sharing: I will vote for this when DP and his underlings announce they will no longer accept their annual bonuses from the BOD.
7. What is with the vacation proposal: You have to complete 26 years before you the the 5th week, why should you have to wait 14 years for the extra week, that should come 5 years earlier IMO.
8. Shift premium (graves) you can't buy a meal with the proposed 23 cents increase.
9. Loss of Short/Long Term Disability! More bean counter action. NO! NO! NO!

And this is the BEST IAM said they could do for us. Laughable at best.

What went on with Shiphoney in Phoenix with his meeting and now it is told he has finally got his Golden Hanger but not in Pittsburgh. What did Liarburgher mean that the Pittsburgh line will be desimated and 100+ jobs when this transmission goes through will be eliminated in base maintenance. I know Hollowood will have to do what the District reps. tell him to do for he is a true unionist but Mr. Hollowood you have to listen to what the membership elected him to represent. Shipfoney and Liarburgher feel they are untouchable since they are in the International IAM and loss what theyire there to represent. Maybe they will visit the locals when they get their space positive seats or maybe not since they said that the union dues are going to increase and they don't have to do visits since they don't represent what they have or is it what they said " I don't care what you vote I got mine . " :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back