IAM Merger Update

The current U-East Airbus S-check cycle is due to be completed some time in 2007. The next check cycle won't start for approx. 3 years. What happens in the mean time? Do I smell lay-offs? What is the current status of West checks? Do you really think we will be doing West aircraft? Time will tell. The End
Hopefully, maybe, possibly, the "merger" will be completed....one contract for work groups and one operating certificate.....then there won't be East airplanes or West airplanes.....only US Airways airplanes.

Hopefully, maybe, possibly, the "merger" will be completed....one contract for work groups and one operating certificate.....then there won't be East airplanes or West airplanes.....only US Airways airplanes.
IMO, this is what each and every US Airways employee should wish for, strive for and achieve in the coming new year. What better time to put east and west differences, cultures, attitudes and pasts behind us all?? And show the "company" that we are united and want this to grow and prosper. Look out for each and everyone's overall interests, needs and survival.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Blessed New Year to all.

IMO, this is what each and every US Airways employee should wish for, strive for and achieve in the coming new year. What better time to put east and west differences, cultures, attitudes and pasts behind us all?? And show the "company" that we are united and want this to grow and prosper. Look out for each and everyone's overall interests, needs and survival.

very well said. all work together for a commend goal. company and work groups. if not everyone will be working for walmart

I totally agree. Wouldn't it be wonderful? I for one, will look forward to it.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Just passing this along.........

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent for the IAM??

Teamsters Establish Toll-Free Hotline for US Airways Workers

Toll-Free Number To Provide Campaign Information

December 21, 2005

The Teamsters Airline Division has established a toll-free hotline that will provide information relating to Teamsters mechanics, stock clerks and customer service representatives at the recently merged US Airways and America West Airlines.

Please call (800) 208-3089 for the latest campaign updates.

Just passing this along.........

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent for the IAM??
Teamsters Establish Toll-Free Hotline for US Airways Workers
Toll-Free Number To Provide Campaign Information

December 21, 2005

The Teamsters Airline Division has established a toll-free hotline that will provide information relating to Teamsters mechanics, stock clerks and customer service representatives at the recently merged US Airways and America West Airlines.

Please call (800) 208-3089 for the latest campaign updates.

Anyone?? I would've thought that 700UW had a response. I too, would like to know if there is a hotline number for the IAM that will provide information. Anyone??

Anyone?? I would've thought that 700UW had a response. I too, would like to know if there is a hotline number for the IAM that will provide information. Anyone??

Well, is there? I'm curious and I would have to imagine that others are also. This way we could get the FACTS.

no need to....they are going to be declared 'single carrier' :shock: in the next couple of weeks.hence,no need to campain. ;)
Educate me and everyone else who is in the dark......

Why would a declaration of single carrier status stop a change in representation if that's how the vote goes...if there is a vote?? If it doesn't, then why wouldn't the IAM put out information like the IBT is? Does the IAM do the same or something similar to keep members informed? :unsure: I don't know so that's why I am asking.

Educate me and everyone else who is in the dark......

Why would a declaration of single carrier status stop a change in representation if that's how the vote goes...if there is a vote?? If it doesn't, then why wouldn't the IAM put out information like the IBT is? Does the IAM do the same or something similar to keep members informed? :unsure: I don't know so that's why I am asking.
monthly local union meetings
IAM 142 updates which some are supplied here
you can also fgot to the 142 website

• Banned
First of all if/when the NMB declares Single Carrier Status, there is no vote and all the former HP/ibt AMTs will fall under the IAM/US CBA, then a transition agreement is negotiated on how to intergrate the workforce.

THe only way there is a vote is if the ibt gathers 35% of the total group to sign Authorization Cards, including furloughees.

The IAM is putting out bulletins and they are not raiding a organized group like the ibt is doing.

The main reason the ibt pulled out of the AFL-CIO is they want to raid other established unions. They just tried it on the IAM at ATT Auto Transport and got trounced.

Latest posts

Back