IAM VS TUW ramp Vote

The best way to show the IAM that you are "sick and tired" of their non-representation is to vote. The best way to let the people know that they didn't get beaten for nothing is to Vote AGAINST THE IAM. :)

I am furloughed, and you can bet that I WILL Vote, and it won't be for the IAM. There are lots of Pissed-off people on furlough who lost thier jobs due to Outsourcing of Fleet work in over 20 Stations. Most that I know of will vote against the IAM regardless of who the other union is.
This is a "No- Brainer" for the west people, unless they want to have 3/4 of thier stations outsourced too. Under the current IAM CBA those of us on furlough can't even consider returning to work, since we have been gone over 60 days. Another Great Deal from the IAM Leadership....Lose your Job, then have to return at the starting rate of pay just like a new hire off the street. The IAM SUCKS, and views their members only as the
"Cash-Cows" to pay for their fat salaries. They have proven time and time again that they are completly POWERLESS when dealing with the company. We have the absolute worst contract in the industry, and are stuck with it until 2009. Only a Moron would want to keep this piece of Crap Union as their representation...Or Lack of, I should say. Paying dues to this organization, is worse than flushing it down the Bowl.
I say, roll the dice and take your chance with the TWU or nobody at all, because that is what we have now..NOTHING :shock:

That's great, I'm glad to hear you will participate in the election, but the outcome will still be the same. NO UNION/DE-CERTIFICATION.
Most on furlough won't vote so like I said before, when Doug Parker is the lead negotiator for the ramp I don't think he will be bringing back the outsourced cities either. He will most likely outsource the rest except the big 4 hubs. So looks like your chances are bad either way.

I am retired so unfortunately, I don't get to vote. I have to agree with Wings. If given a choice of IAM or taking your chance of NO union (or better yet, TWU) I would have to vote against the IAM. Having no contract and having the IAM contract is basiclly the same thing. It agrees to outsourcing jobs...stuck with it for YEARS. There are some who may like it, but for me, IAM did little or nothing. I think most of the furloughed employees feel the same as I do about the IAM. The real questions is... have they found other jobs and just wont vote. Both unions better hope they can get their names and addresses and BEG them to vote....one way or another.
They would have to beat me to vote for them. That might not be to far off.

And too bad everyone still fails to realize the judge abrogated the CBA, the IAM and the company could not reach an agreement, so the company gave the IAM a final offer which the MEMBERSHIP RATIFIED.

I knew that was coming. So its the memberships fault that the IAM failed to lead?

BS and you know it.

From what I've been reading you guys are going to end up non-union.

AW only became union with 65 votes to spare out of nearly 2000 voters. That was in 98 and nobody was laid off from any airline at the time.

USAIR reportedly also only got in by a slim margin. And now they have a huge chunk of workers that are on lay-off. They probably found new employment and will not bother to vote.

After seeing what happened in this industry non-union workers didnt fare any worse than union workers, in fact they probably made out better since they dont pay dues.

Here in the west we are now almost solidly TWU . We were at 85 % before the PHL incident , now i'd say we're closer to 90 plus . While the IAM contact has more money and a defined pension benfit plan alot of us here just can't stomach the lack of vaction , sick pay , paying for your own uniforms etc not to mention that the TWU contract is up for negoation.To IAM i'd like to say this " Just let it go " .If your a memeber of IAM i seriously suggest you consider what the future will hold for you under TWU and what you would like to see in the next contract .

your friend
Mr Freedom

What will your future be like under the TWU? Worse than it is under the IAM.

Two BKs and you still make more and have a pension compared to the TWUs no BK.

The TWU is The Worst Union. All you have to do is go to the AA page and you can see how TWU members feel about the TWU.

Between the IAM and the TWU I would choose the IAM, but the more I think about it I think Id take my chances and just toss the ballott and save the dues money. Whats the company going to do that they have not already done? If you go non-union sure your contract is void, but that provides opportunity since you are pretty much at the bottom of the barrel now anyway.

Lets say you get decertified, now the company has to worry that if they are too harsh that you will get a new union, and they will no longer have you locked in till 2012 at todays concessionary rates. In fact decertifying offers more opportunity for a rebound that staying union. Get rid of the union and you get to start a clean slate, then get a new union.

Sure the TWU is claiming that their contract is up for renegotiation, but wouldnt the TWU inherit the USAIR contract, not the AWA contract? If the USAIR name is athe successor company then those contracts are the ones that stay in place.

Your concessions are locked in either way. Even if it were renegotiable its very unlikely that the TWU will get you anything, the TWU has a long reputation for being the industry leader in concessions.

So the only way to get out of this contract is to get rid of the union. Otherwise USAIR could be making record profits in a year but you guys will be stuck with this contract. Think about it. With inflation on the rise due to higher energy costs you will continue to see your pay decline in real terms and there is nothing you can do about it if you stay union.

That's great, I'm glad to hear you will participate in the election, but the outcome will still be the same. NO UNION/DE-CERTIFICATION.
Most on furlough won't vote so like I said before, when Doug Parker is the lead negotiator for the ramp I don't think he will be bringing back the outsourced cities either. He will most likely outsource the rest except the big 4 hubs. So looks like your chances are bad either way.
well last week we had our first station meeting with the new manager and he told us straight up front that Douglas PArker doesnt like the outsourcing. And he alos told us that he may even bring back mainline to the outsorced cities. May be someone who knows PArker can find out if this is true.

Two BKs and you still make more and have a pension compared to the TWUs no BK but they maqke less with no pension.
The TWU is The Worst Union. All you have to do is go to the AA page and you can see how TWU members feel about the TWU.

Bob,

I may not have agreed with you much in the past but IMO you hit the nail on the head with this post.

There's very few on this board that know what went on between the IAM and US Airways management while the two were negotiating during the two bankruptcies. All you hear is the membership running around crying "I got screwed... I got screwed... dump the IAM."

Take a good look at all the other major's, every single one of them has basically screwed the rank and file over but no one here seems to want to see that.

Bob,

I may not have agreed with you much in the past but IMO you hit the nail on the head with this post.

There's very few on this board that know what went on between the IAM and US Airways management while the two were negotiating during the two bankruptcies. All you hear is the membership running around crying "I got screwed... I got screwed... dump the IAM."

Take a good look at all the other major's, every single one of them has basically screwed the rank and file over but no one here seems to want to see that.

So paying dues hasnt paid off for any of us.

I believe in unions but one of the basics of unionism is solidarity. Well in this industry we have no solidarity and if we stay in all these different business unions we never will.

When you guys gave concessions back in 2002 it tipped the ball rolling for the disaster that happened to all of us. THe TWU set the stage for all this over 20 years ago.

I knew that the TWU would beat your concessions. Basically what the IAM gave up in three rounds of concessions the TWU gave up at AA in round one, and then some.

Over twenty years ago the TWU started the concessions trend with part timers, outsourcing, B-scale etc. Many of the concessions you gave in 2002 the TWU gave up 20 years earlier.

The TWU International is a bunch of crooks, from Jim Little with his phony degrees and all the lies about "Local autonomy", the TWU is a business union pure and simple. Your union, the IAM HAD a much better reputation, however due to AFL-CIO affiliation they refused to publically attack the TWU. They have become just as incompetant as the TWU when it comes to protecting the members.

What we need to do is get us all into one union. Establish industry seniority with portable pensions, then we can protect ourselves from assett transfer, BK and all sorts of other tactics airlines use to screw us over. Was all of what happened over the last three years the IAMs fault? NO, But they were to a great extent responsible, they were responsible because they, along with the other AFL-CIO unions failed to provide us a structure that would protect us. The reason why they failed is even more despicable, they failed to unite us because it would have meant that they would lose dues. They knew what was going to happen but they were more concerned about dues flow, needed to fund their genberous pay and perks, than in doing what needed to be done and should have been done back when the deregulated the industry.

The fact is that the IAM and TWU do not deserve to represent any of us. We need a union, not a business union. Your best bet to to reject both, then later on you can start with a new union and a clean slate.

hmm you all bring up some interesting points , but let me clear up some things . First to the person who said we don't need a union or would be better off without one , look at mesa airlines , here in PHX we work side by side with those poor bastards . We hate them ,yet from time to time we feel sorry for them because their treated worse than dirt . We harbor no pretinions as to what would happen to US if we became non union . Too those who think the People on furlow will not vote i have a question , do they recive health care? If they do , and they care about health care or flight benfits then they WILL vote , because the moment we are non-union , they can kiss their furlow status adios ! Also about outsourcing , if we fall under the IAM contact we WILL be saying good by to all our friends in the field stations ... our company will out source whenever possible .From what i've read here it looks like the IAM people have been having a horrible time .TWU sucks some of you say? that maybe so , but i'm not advocating the international wing , only our local , all of us here at US air are only concerned with our local not our national .It should be noted that if i thought for one minute we'd get a better deal under IAM i'd jump ship in a heart beat long with every other TWU worker .TWU is the better choice between the two .

So paying dues hasnt paid off for any of us.

I believe in unions but one of the basics of unionism is solidarity. Well in this industry we have no solidarity and if we stay in all these different business unions we never will.

When you guys gave concessions back in 2002 it tipped the ball rolling for the disaster that happened to all of us. THe TWU set the stage for all this over 20 years ago.

I knew that the TWU would beat your concessions. Basically what the IAM gave up in three rounds of concessions the TWU gave up at AA in round one, and then some.

Over twenty years ago the TWU started the concessions trend with part timers, outsourcing, B-scale etc. Many of the concessions you gave in 2002 the TWU gave up 20 years earlier.

The TWU International is a bunch of crooks, from Jim Little with his phony degrees and all the lies about "Local autonomy", the TWU is a business union pure and simple. Your union, the IAM HAD a much better reputation, however due to AFL-CIO affiliation they refused to publically attack the TWU. They have become just as incompetant as the TWU when it comes to protecting the members.
What we need to do is get us all into one union. Establish industry seniority with portable pensions, then we can protect ourselves from assett transfer, BK and all sorts of other tactics airlines use to screw us over. Was all of what happened over the last three years the IAMs fault? NO, But they were to a great extent responsible, they were responsible because they, along with the other AFL-CIO unions failed to provide us a structure that would protect us. The reason why they failed is even more despicable, they failed to unite us because it would have meant that they would lose dues. They knew what was going to happen but they were more concerned about dues flow, needed to fund their genberous pay and perks, than in doing what needed to be done and should have been done back when the deregulated the industry.

The fact is that the IAM and TWU do not deserve to represent any of us. We need a union, not a business union. Your best bet to to reject both, then later on you can start with a new union and a clean slate.
Just because.... YOU PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED A BITTER SITUATION THAT NO WHERE REMOTELY COMPARES TO WHAT US- US F/S EMPLOYEES ARE FACING, MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO YOUR AA PAGES AND COMPLAIN TO THOSE YOUR FEELINGS TRULY ARE APPLICABLE TO!

GO TWU/IBT
VOTE!! VOTE!!VOTE!!

Just because.... YOU PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED A BITTER SITUATION THAT NO WHERE REMOTELY COMPARES TO WHAT US- US F/S EMPLOYEES ARE FACING, MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO YOUR AA PAGES AND COMPLAIN TO THOSE YOUR FEELINGS TRULY ARE APPLICABLE TO!

GO TWU/IBT
VOTE!! VOTE!!VOTE!!

Dream On! Drem ON! Dream On!

Your in for a very big surprise!

Dream On! Drem ON! Dream On!

Your in for a very big surprise!
DREAMS YES BUT DONT WANT THOSE NIGHTMARES!!!!!
I am aware of the hell you have all been through, US and every other merger. One day I hope you realize DP saved your A$$e$! Go above and beyond with TWU & IBT! But remember why you still have jobs. Trying spread out the the sunshine, ALL THE NEW USAIRWAYS (LCC) EMPLOYEES DESERVE THE BEST WE CAN GET. WHY SETTLE FOR LE$$ AGAIN IN MANY FORMS? OR FOR WHAT YOU ARE STUCK WITH? THERE ARE OPTIONS. WEIGH THEM OUT.... VOTE FOR WHAT YOU WANT! JUST MAKE SURE AND VOTE!

I am aware of the hell you have all been through, US and every other merger. One day I hope you realize DP saved your A$$e$! Go above and beyond with TWU & IBT! But remember why you still have jobs. Trying spread out the the sunshine, ALL THE NEW USAIRWAYS (LCC) EMPLOYEES DESERVE THE BEST WE CAN GET. WHY SETTLE FOR LE$$ AGAIN IN MANY FORMS? OR FOR WHAT YOU ARE STUCK WITH? THERE ARE OPTIONS. WEIGH THEM OUT.... VOTE FOR WHAT YOU WANT! JUST MAKE SURE AND VOTE!
I've voted for union representation in all 5 elections I've been involved in.

It's not me you need to worry about, believe me we've got serious problems if an election is called.

Just wait, you'll see.

I've voted for union representation in all 5 elections I've been involved in.

It's not me you need to worry about, believe me we've got serious problems if an election is called.

Just wait, you'll see.
Why, not enough people beaten yet?

Why enough not enough people beaten yet?

The problem is the NMB rules, totally stacked in the companies favor. It's like David and Goliath.
Your chances of winning any union representation is slim to none.
Sorry that's just the way it is.