IBEW Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Redeye
That was exactly what I was looking for and thanks for the rule.

Everyone should click on the link its worth the time.

D W,

With sincere interest, what is your history as far as union activism
within your own station, and how have you been received within
your workgroup?

I am asking to get a better understanding of your perspective.

Thanks,

Was on an Organizing Committee for the first and last (third) union drives. Sat out the second one due to the rampant mudslinging.

Never held, or sought, any union post.

My workgroup is well aware of my orientation and respects it.

DOG It goes well beyond bitterness. If you have been through the drives then you know. That tells me either you don't see the tragic position the IAM has put this group in, or you just don't care and want to stay status quo. This isn't a knock on you but you can't deny the facts that have been overwhelming in the case of misrepresentation! The really sad thing is the IAM doesn't worry about how we feel as a group just as long as they continue to get the dues coming in. Have they ever once said this group has taken a beating and maybe we should not raise the dues till they get a good raise? He** no each time they have gone in with there poker buddies. Then they have come out and said that it takes money to make money. Well where is my money? They have taken enough and now it is payback time. This group deserves better treatment. If you go to a restaurant and the service is bad do you go back? If you go to the bank and they short change you do you go back to get what is due to you? If you get a gallon of milk and it is bad do you keep it or do you take it back? Basically what I am trying to say is we are the goose that laid the golden egg and we have for 13years let them take money and not held the responsible. Well your 20 minutes are up next!!!!!!

Would you rather have no representation?

No matter how many times I ask, no one can provide any connection between the real IBEW and the 'ibew committee'.

Where is it?

No matter how many times I ask, no one can provide any connection between the real IBEW and the 'ibew committee'.

Where is it?

You don't have any representation now. And as far as a connection between the real IBEW

Where is it?

Now you ask where is the connection between the IBEW and the ibew committe. I ask you just like I asked my former IAM rep, Where is the representation of the IAM for its members because since they came on the property, I loss until they was nothing else to loose.

You don't have any representation now. You pay dues to a union who does not listen to its members. Ever since the IAM got on the property, it has been give give and more give. You will not have a job with usairways/iam in another 13 years because the iam is going to give your jobs away. And if you can not see that coming, you are not drinking the koolaid, you are in the picture of koolaid.

Where is it?
Dog Wonder,
Its fingerprint is all around you. The organizing drive is going very well but remember, Roach said, "The IBEW is not conducting an organizing drive."

The results are that 3100 workers signed cards which is already 60% of the total needed to hit 65%. Need about another 2,000 cards before the IBEW petitions. A new Card Count will be updated on Monday and the goal is to get the majority of CLT and LAS to be signed for the IBEW within a few weeks. Once we get PHL, CLT, LAS majority to the IBEW, then we will branch out to the mid level cities and get the campaign out towards smaller cities who haven't contacted us yet.

PHX seems to be an IAM stronghold at this time. We have over 300 cards signed there but things have dried up there for now and more work needs done to get the majority there [1080 workers]. A meeting is being scheduled in PHX. I have no idea how the IAM has such a grasp over PHX since the IAM has done absolutely nothing in 18 months there.

This drive is quite unique and interesting in that it is functioning as a committee driven organizing drive. Most drives need money but this drive is furthering itself with people. No INTL organizers have ever been dispatched and all organizing activity is being fueled by the rank and file who have the passion and determination to get rid of the company whore union that has oppressed them for 13 years with lies, deceit, and treason. It would be convenient to have the IBEW dispatch its own organizers but because of AFLCIO stipulations, this won't happen at this time.
The alternative is to believe there is no IBEW organizing drive happening. If you wish to believe that then that's fine. After all Roach thought he was crushing the belief of an IBEW campaign by saying, "The IBEW is not conducting an organizing drive". Ironically, he has added fuel to the drive. In fact, the IAM is so odd that everytime they open their mouths we get more cards signed. This is good.

Station Update: CLT had its single biggest week this week and the card count numbers will surely turn. All it took was a meeting in CLT to build the committee, we didn't have to discuss how the IAM was screwing the masses over. 100% of everyone that came to our CLT meeting was already aware of the oppression and arrogance of the IAM in regards to fleet service.

regards,

Now you ask where is the connection between the IBEW and the ibew committe. I ask you just like I asked my former IAM rep, Where is the representation of the IAM for its members because since they came on the property, I loss until they was nothing else to loose.

You don't have any representation now. You pay dues to a union who does not listen to its members. Ever since the IAM got on the property, it has been give give and more give. You will not have a job with usairways/iam in another 13 years because the iam is going to give your jobs away. And if you can not see that coming, you are not drinking the koolaid, you are in the picture of koolaid.
With the IAM on US airways fleet property, you are a union worker who is non-represented.

regards,

OK dear, we can 'date'. but don't tell anyone.

I will introduce you to my parents later.

But we can still have some fun, OK.

But, they can be seen together.
Problem is the company and union are tighter than 'two coats of paint." But they are usually behind closed doors making love to each other and fancying one another.

The only time you see the IAM is when it comes around for elections, contract votes, raids. The IAm spends about as much time with fleet service as someone would with a $20 whore.

Regarding the IBEW, It is what it is Dog Wonder. Do you think everyone is non-reving around? Or do you think everyone is spending their own dime to fly around? Who's paying for the meeting ballrooms?

You see what you want to see.

I'd like to have more funds put on this organizing drive but ironically it isn't as necessary as we first thought. The interesting thing about this organizing drive is that everyone who contacts the IBEW organizing committee tells us "I don't want nothing out of this, I just know it's the right thing to do, to get the IAM off the property." In that sense, we have discovered that workers really want to participate with the removal of the company whore. People aren't stupid and the IAM knows it has whored off of these people for 13 years. The IAM was counting on the IBEW letter but they have failed to understand that the fuel behind this campaign is the passion of the masses to free themselves of the oppression of the I Am Management.

Regards,

Just a thought....

But if workers want to unionize with a different union(IBEW) cause their present union(IAM) is incompetent and those unions fall under the AFL/CIO the workers should have every right too! Why should the present representation continue to fleece and victimize its membership?? its bad enough that the company is doing it ......its not fair to the workers! The AFL/CIO imposes fines to those unions that fall under their organization that "raid" other unions within. Why dont the AFL/CIO impose fines against the Unions that misrepresent the membership?? its only fair!

Its not "raiding" by the IBEW its the workers taking a stand against a company union and wanting REAL representation! Ultimately its not the unions choice...its our choice on what WE want as fair representation! after all we are the membership.... IBEW 2008

Attachments

• th_Tee7.jpg
    th_Tee7.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 197
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back