Is our only choice a bankrupt contract?

Sago

Nov 11, 2005
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected], [email protected]
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:17:18 -0700
>I'm the Director of Labor Relations for the ground groups which includes
>Fleet Service so your email was
> forwarded to me to respond to your concerns expressed in your email.
>
>At this point in time there is simply no answer to the question of which
>cities may be outsourced within fleet service at the merged integrated
>carrier. It is the Company's view that the language contained in the scope
>provisions of the two labor agreements requires that the IAM contract is
>the successor labor agreement in the merger (regardless of which union is
>the final representative).
>
> When we get to the final negotiations related to the final single
>agreement for the merged carrier, both the company and the final union
>representative may make other proposals, subject to mutual agreement.
>
>We cannot get to those final negotiations for the single agreement until
>after we know which union is the fleet service representative at the merged
>carrier. And, we will not know the answer to that question until the
>National Mediation Board ( "Board") either decides that the union
>representative of the smaller group does not have a "show of interest" from
>at least 35% of the combined group, in which case the Board normally
>extends the certification of the larger union without a representation
>election, or in the alternative, determines the union representative from
>the smaller group does have the required 35% interest, in which case the
>final representative will be determined through a Board conducted
>representation election. The unions filed the "show of interest" on Feb.
>13, 2006 and after a verification/challenge period will issue a
>determination. Once we have a final union representative, we will meet
>with that union for transition negotiations.
>
>Ron

It is the Company's view that the language contained in the scope
>provisions of the two labor agreements requires that the IAM contract is
>the successor labor agreement in the merger (regardless of which union is
>the final representative).
speaks volumes for the IBT koolaid drinker krowd... :shock:

Fleet service will come under the IAM's abrogated and bankrupt contract. It is doubtful the TWU will be able to establish a precedent. A transition agreement will mend mostly the seniority issues.

regards,

Fleet service will come under the IAM's abrogated and bankrupt contract. It is doubtful the TWU will be able to establish a precedent. A transition agreement will mend mostly the seniority issues.

regards,

That's what all good union people on these boards have been trying to tell everyone since day one.

It's not about which union represents, it's all of us who have been down this road just trying to avoid a vote and most likely DE-CERTIFICATION.

So why now do you finally put out the truth after pushing so hard for an election which will result in probable DE-CERTIFICATION?

Sounds like you had your own agenda yet again! :down:

Sounds like you had your own agenda yet again! :down:

And like the IAM AGC's don't have there own agenda to fatten there wallets? Give it a rest will ya!, while the members have taken massive cuts in pay and benifits and then watched to have there dues increased to stuff more money in the AGC's pockets. The IAM reps are now reaping what they have sowed with a membership in revolt against them. There getting the boot and they have only there own greed to blame for getting dumped.

This should be the AGC's motto

IAMAGCPOS

I'm happy I'mno longer an IAM member. Just hope they get the boot because they have FAILED their MEMBERSHIP BADLY. Its ashame that the crappy contract probably be the one to hold out until another union takes over. :angry: :( :wacko: :down:

And like the IAM AGC's don't have there own agenda to fatten there wallets? Give it a rest will ya!, while the members have taken massive cuts in pay and benifits and then watched to have there dues increased to stuff more money in the AGC's pockets. The IAM reps are now reaping what they have sowed with a membership in revolt against them. There getting the boot and they have only there own greed to blame for getting dumped.

This should be the AGC's motto

IAMAGCPOS

Like I said before, and I'll say it again.

What will be the first thing that you ask your new lead negotiator, Doug Parker for when you have no union?

How about asking him to bring back all outsourced stations, how about a big raise.

That part about reaping what they sow is a real good one too.
That's like saying I'm gonna cut my hand off because it's been hurtin' for too long.

I bet he will be real quick to give you anything you want.

DREAM ON! :shock:

Like I said before, and I'll say it again.

What will be the first thing that you ask your new lead negotiator, Doug Parker for when you have no union?

How about asking him to bring back all outsourced stations, how about a big raise.

That part about reaping what they sow is a real good one too.
That's like saying I'm gonna cut my hand off because it's been hurtin' for too long.

I bet he will be real quick to give you anything you want.

DREAM ON! :shock:

Working under this Contract is like paying to get "F"d !
So at least we will have the oportunity to vote to stop paying these Whore IAM AGC's and stuffing our cash into there 100,000 yr salary.

You know the IAM loyalists ignorance is so funny the IAM tells them its raining and really there pissing on them!

And now this word of advice to the IAM loyalists

IAMAGCPOS

So at least we will have the oportunity to vote to stop paying these Whore IAM AGC's and stuffing our cash into there 100,000 yr salary.

You know the IAM loyalists ignorance is so funny the IAM tells them its raining and really there pissing on them!

IAMAGCPOS
Awwwwww Archie!! :D

And not getting a kiss first!! :lol:

Amazing are the similarities between all IAM contracts.....no matter the work group. :shock:

IAMAGCPOS
Just so you know, I'm not a so called IAM loyalist at all.

In fact I think they suck just as bad as the Teamsters did in the late 80's and caused us to lose our union all together.

That's my point, if you haven't been through a de-certification the stripped naked by the company you really can't make the kind of comments like you do about paying to get screwed.

Some of us are just smarter by experience, that you obviously know nothing about.

Just keep Doug Parker's e-mail address handy when you have no union so you can request all the rosey little picture things you expect and then hold your breath, it will be a super fast wild ride to the bottom.

Just keep Doug Parker's e-mail address handy when you have no union so you can request all the rosey little picture things you expect and then hold your breath, it will be a super fast wild ride to the bottom.

Ride to the bottom? Dude take a look out your window your underwater already paying the IAM for a third class ticket aboard the Titanic.

just for ya Jimmy

IAMAGCPOS

Ride to the bottom? Dude take a look out your window your underwater already paying the IAM for a third class ticket aboard the Titanic.

just for ya Jimmy
IAMAGCPOS

Roadtrip,

You're right about the bottom. The IAM's contract is the worst pay/benefit levels in the industry, including non-union Delta and Continental. Unfortunately, more pain will come to the IAM members since the 'duration' of the IAM's abrogated/bankrupt contract will still be iron clad for years to come.

BTW, the scope clause established and continues to establish new industry 'bottom standards' also in regards to contracting out work. Giving away thousands of jobs and limiting fleet service in only hubs and focus cities. Now other airlines are adjusting to the new IAM standards.

It's mind boggling to me why someone feels compelled to drop $500 a year for an abrogated contract.

BTW, Roadtrip, your sound bites say alot.

regards,