Is our only choice a bankrupt contract?

you guys should be nice to 700 -- he is running out of people to blame for the IAM failures -- but then again not to worry the IAM never takes the blame for thier screw ups. after all did you forget they are not responsible for failures in representation - its the fault of the membership or the company or the judge - anybody but them

you guys should be nice to 700 -- he is running out of people to blame for the IAM failures -- but then again not to worry the IAM never takes the blame for thier screw ups. after all did you forget they are not responsible for failures in representation - its the fault of the membership or the company or the judge - anybody but them
And don't forget the statements made that the IAM contract was patterned after the IBT contract at AWA. Gee......who the heck is resposible?? ;) :shock: :lol:

Just like the ibt is responsible for the the industry leading outsourcing permitted under all its CBAs past and present.

Just like the ibt is responsible for the the industry leading outsourcing permitted under all its CBAs past and present.
Just like stated before. It's not just a union thing. It's not just a company thing. It's not just a bankruptcy thing. It's not just a judge thing. It's a combo plate. No one group is totally responsible. And it bites but darn near every industry is going that way.

Most of these unions have ironically been the ones responsible for industry leading contracting out.

Union bosses agree to contract out the workers jobs but adds more union bosses. And, surviving members are givin deep pay cuts but the union increases dues.

DL141 has all 4 of its airlines in bankruptcy with bigtime member losses but adds more union Bosses and IAM increases dues.

regards,

Guess you did not know all the AGCs in 141 particpated in the ESOP even if they were a US employee, and took the same % paycut as did the UAL employees and they lost their ESOP stock just like the employees.

Also at 141M they also took concessions the same as the employees during round one and two of concessions.

See Tim, you don't know everything.

And the ibt at WN and CO and HP were outsourcing heavy checks way before any US or UAL did.

The IAM did not add more, representatives, you had several retirements.

What is a matter Timmy?

Did not get the AGC job you wanted for so long?

That's what all good union people on these boards have been trying to tell everyone since day one.

It's not about which union represents, it's all of us who have been down this road just trying to avoid a vote and most likely DE-CERTIFICATION.

So why now do you finally put out the truth after pushing so hard for an election which will result in probable DE-CERTIFICATION?

Sounds like you had your own agenda yet again! :down:
Sounds good :up: :rolleyes: :D

Like I said before, and I'll say it again.

What will be the first thing that you ask your new lead negotiator, Doug Parker for when you have no union?

How about asking him to bring back all outsourced stations, how about a big raise.

That part about reaping what they sow is a real good one too.
That's like saying I'm gonna cut my hand off because it's been hurtin' for too long.

I bet he will be real quick to give you anything you want.

DREAM ON! :shock:
DE-CERTIFICATION :up: :D

This is how most feel about 700's posts

IAMAGCPOS

If you believe that you are truely misguided.

There will only be fleet left in the hubs if that ever happens.

But hey you all ready screwed your coworkers once before, guess you did not learn your lesson.

But hey you all ready screwed your coworkers once before, guess you did not learn your lesson.

There's an EXCELLENT chance of that happening without the election.

The Field stations are the ones risking representation and THEIR JOBS.

Only representation is on the line for the HUBS.

I could live with the IAM contract if the outsourcing provision was not there(till it became ammendable)

the IAM is The Scab, it has turned its face away from the working man long time ago. I may not be the most popular guy on this board but I doubt many on this board would disagree with me on this. And don't give me that stuff where you say the working man has turned his back on the IAM.

I believe what I said 100% that the workers would be much better off without the IAM than they are with it. Exactly how has the fleet service prospered any more than non-union folk at Delta and Continental? Exactly how has fleet service prospered any more than passenger service on US AIRWAYS property? In truth, fleet service has experienced a great deal of 'pain' under the IAM and has seen and experienced its wages & benefits fall to the industry bottom [whether non-union or union]. That last sentence is objective and not opinion.
Unfortunately, the IAM set the new industry standard on contracting out and now both Union & Non union Airlines have followed or are seeking to follow.

regards,

the IAM is The Scab, it has turned its face away from the working man long time ago. I may not be the most popular guy on this board but I doubt many on this board would disagree with me on this. And don't give me that stuff where you say the working man has turned his back on the IAM.

I believe what I said 100% that the workers would be much better off without the IAM than they are with it. Exactly how has the fleet service prospered any more than non-union folk at Delta and Continental? Exactly how has fleet service prospered any more than passenger service on US AIRWAYS property? In truth, fleet service has experienced a great deal of 'pain' under the IAM and has seen and experienced its wages & benefits fall to the industry bottom [whether non-union or union]. That last sentence is objective and not opinion.
Unfortunately, the IAM set the new industry standard on contracting out and now both Union & Non union Airlines have followed or are seeking to follow.

regards,
I'll add in the FACT that the CWA AGENTS are GETTING their PAY BACK in increments but at least theyre getting their pay back. The IAM, which is the most USELESS UNION on this PLANET cant even get that. WHY? Because they HAVE FAILED THEIR MEMBERSHIP so BADLY! It was the ones in the hubs and the focus cities adding BDL and PVD that got the shoddy contract thru. That is all that is left of the IAM FLEET SERVICE AT USAIRWAYS

Back