June Displacements

The cat walked across the calculator while P.K. was sipping his glass of wine. Whaaala theres the magic number. :lol:

it's a bunch of bulls#it. i have been really embarrased to work for this company these past few days. forget about a wal-mart airline. how about dollar store .

I'd be assigning equal, if not more, blame toward Al H. and Sherri S. I would think that they signed off on this.
Trust me the entire blame for the lies on PK. AH and SS do not know enough about the east coast staffing and contracts to make a decision like this. This is PK and PK only. He does not like the flight attendants.

Trust me the entire blame for the lies on PK. AH and SS do not know enough about the east coast staffing and contracts to make a decision like this. This is PK and PK only. He does not like the flight attendants.

Point noted and understood.

I don't know who PK is, but maybe his goal is different than yours. If displacements rather than recalls are a financially sound way to staff the airline, then I would assume that is a goal worth pursuing.

If recalls are easier and cost is equal or less, then that would be the better option as you could recall furloughees, as DP said he wants to do, and slide them into the bases needing f/a's. But by doing this, there are more flight attendants and from what is being said in PHL on line, they don't need any more f/a's. (difference of opinion of f/a's working in PHL and management). Displacements mean less flight attendants working, though not great for anyone that wishes to be recalled, but the overall picture should be better for those working. So maybe PK is looking out for those on-line.

BUT, if the goal is to disrupt and make unnecessary hardships on as many flight attendants as possible....what outcome are you hoping for? Maybe, unhappy flight attendants, 100s more f/a's commuting which gives a higher risk for missed trips and stressful working conditions...maybe resignations?

Why would PK, whoever that is, be in a position to manage flight attendants if he doesn't like them or understand the position? A company's greatest resource is their employees and flight attendants are the front line employees greeting and helping passengers every day. Passengers pay all of our paychecks. Why would you, unnecessarily, make your front line employees disgruntled? Doesn't make good business sense to me. If you are right in your conviction of PK, then you need to send it further up the line.

A company's greatest resource is their employees and flight attendants are the front line employees greeting and helping passengers every day. Passengers pay all of our paychecks. Why would you, unnecessarily, make your front line employees disgruntled? Doesn't make good business sense to me. If you are right in your conviction of PK, then you need to send it further up the line.

Umm, have you been here long? :huh: or recently? :huh: Make good business sense? :huh: Huh? Plain and simple, they (Inflight Administration) has NEVER been able to manage the staffing models at ANY TIME in ANY BASE for as long as I can remember. Take last summer for example, Seasonal flying in PHL again....posted 130 openings and were supposed to have 3 groups of recalls for furloughed F/A, and displacements from PIT also.....all this after voluntary transfers closed. Well, ended up displacing F/A's from PIT with 1 group of recalled F/A's coming back online June 1, 2006 and the second and third group to come online August 1, 2006 and December 1, 2006 only to be cancelled... recalled F/A's only to NEVER FLY! The base of PHL last summer was overstaffed and continues to be overstaffed to this day. Seems like they are using the same model from last year.....only this time they are going to disrupt all the East Coast bases instead of using recalls from the furlough list. Trust me, they'll NEVER figure this one out! ;) :rolleyes: :stupid:

Just got word (from a West f/a)that the West will be hiring f/a's again the end of June. It was a West instructor that said this and they need more instructors out there because of the new hires. Why are we dispacing, when they need people out there in Phx? Let them open it up for the east f/a's and then recall to the east. Hello....Tempe..WAKE UP :shock: !!!!!!

Just got word (from a West f/a)that the West will be hiring f/a's again the end of June. It was a West instructor that said this and they need more instructors out there because of the new hires. Why are we dispacing, when they need people out there in Phx? Let them open it up for the east f/a's and then recall to the east. Hello....Tempe..WAKE UP :shock: !!!!!!

As logical as that all sounds, it will not happen until we have a unified contract. I would not hold my breath until at least 2010 for that to happen. :down:

These displacements should come as NO REAL Surprise unless you have been living in a state of DENIAL. The problem remains in PIT (once a megabase, now relagated to a Focus City with minimum flight activity). The seniority in PIT is pretty senior (18 years on up) and those people are NOT going to transfer WILLINGLY.....and why would they? Seasonal flying in PHL requires additional "available bodies" to be based there, but once the OFF season rolls around- the reserves SIT, and Sit and B*tch (and who can blame them). No one really wants to be based in BOS/LGA/DCA due to the cost of living, the commute and the flying isn't so great either. Displacing out of CLT seems ridiculous since CLT is the largest hub and has a climate suitable to keep building up the hub and geographically doesn't pose the clusterf*ck PHL deals with on a daily basis. With all the service US has to LAS, why in the heck LAS hasn't been developed into a true CREW BASE is beyond me......open a base in LAS and shuffle the flying accordingly. (The bean counters may think PHL is a cash cow but many pax will tell you "NEVER AGAIN THRU PHL"....and I couldn't agree more). These impending displacements are very hard on all affected parties and the Company has shown little regard with the disruptions and hardship they place on the individuals involved :down:

Given the current displacement procedures....If, a Junior F/A from CLT puts PIT as there first choice to be displaced to.....would they not get it? They can go wherever they want to....Isn't that the way it works? And, if displacements reach the base of PHL....wouldn't those most junior be able to put PIT as their first choice and FINALLY return to PIT again? Seems like anybody who is now based in PIT who are being displaced are the one's who will lose out again....but for those who were displaced prior to this there may be a chance for them to return to PIT again. Correct me if I'm wrong? :huh:

It is all based on seniority.....PIT is NOT available to anyone being displaced because PIT essentially is where they need to move people out of like they did in 2006, 2005 and before. WHERE the PIT displacements choose to go (they can go anywhere because they have seniority to hold any base, with junior people under them) ultimately decides where the Company's needs are for additional staffing. There are many factors in how the numbers line up and being junior at any base other than BOS/LGA/DCA will basically come down to decisions made by OTHER people. PIT is NOT an option.

Well, as soon as I posted the above post an e-line came out explaining that a "displaced F/A can only go to a base that has a junior F/A to them".

This company obviously has something against the same group of 200 or so F/As. The affected group is the same exact one that came back last year after the MidAtlantic debacle to lower pay and no credited time. Now they get booted out of Philly even though it's shortstaffed to the non-commutable, high cost of living bases. Nice. Are they just trying to get people to quit so its more like America West with high turnover? Why pick on this SAME group of people over and over?

From the useless union:

Displacements Q&A Correction

Please note, with displacements, the Company will not purchase your home if you are unable to sell it, even if the domicile is closed. And, you will be able to transfer to any base where there is a flight attendant that is junior to you. [Sec 18.D] As of June 2007, flight attendant domiciles are BOS, CLT, DCA, LGA, PHL, PIT.

Thank you,

MEC Officers
AFA US Airways

Members can check their displacement status on the hub at the following link:

http://thehub.usairways.com/divisions/oper...thyear=June2007

Latest posts