New Uniform?

flyin2low said:
Khaki dockers or shorts and a knit shirt.
[post="272157"][/post]​

Is this type of uniform appropriate for a FA working Envoy class from PHL-FCO? Or for an agent checking in at the First Class checkin position in DCA?

I agree with previous comments that the current RAMP/Mechs uniform is a complete disgrace. The skycaps too look terrible. :down:

IMO, nothing wrong with khakis and a knit shirt if we are only flying PHL-LAS and PHX-FLL types of flights... But, I though we were going to continue the transatlantics, keep a premium cabin, serve high yield airports like DCA/LGA/etc...

I think we need something smart, functional and professional. I really like the Richard Tyler designed uniforms that DL has chosen for 2006 onwards....it has a variety of styles and pieces for men and women to choose from. Quality has been a huge problem with our current uniforms as well.

700UW said:
Oh yea the flying public will rush to buy tickets because a F/A will show more leg, NOT!

Gimme a break, go fly Hooters Air if that is what you want.
[post="272057"][/post]​
I had a friend who flew US to STT who was very disappointed that the F/As weren't younger and 'hit-on-able'.

I wonder how much of a revenue premium SQ generates through their 'SQ girls'.

If they don't adopt something new then I vote for the exisiting America West uniform. It is professional looking but a little bit brighter than the U uniform. Plus they have some additonal pieces. Love the long double breated vest that the FA's wear. Great for the summer.

I am not a fan of the polo shirt khaki pants thing. Makes Fa's look like all the Pax on their way to a business trip and doesn't say anything about our jobs.

Just check out the May 16th issue of Fortune Mag for and the article on SWA for a FA vogueing at the front of the plane in her "uniform". Noooo.......

About 8 years ago I took a friend who does not fly often to LAS on a buddy pass. Because of loads we flew US to LAX then WN to LAS, I bought my friend a $39 rev ticket on WN and I non-reved. Point of story my friend who had never flown WN or a LCC before commented on how much more "Proffesional" the US uniforms looked and she had a slightly negative view of WN as their employees just looked to causual in their shorts and sneakers. My wife flew WN for the first time a few months ago and made the same exact coment ! And I sort of agree !

Just my two cents

LGA777

hharotz said:
...my personal peeve are the people who mix in items that have the old USAir logo (ie sweaters, belt buckles) into the current uniform!  :down:

:End of Rant:
[post="272125"][/post]​
Boy, I must have really pyssed you off.....I wore my SPEED BIRD belt buckle til the day I retired....and I wore it with pride! :up: :up: :up: :up: (I'm gone now...but I still display "the bird!"

Is this the type of leg you want to see in a mini-skirt in F/C? :shock:

Attachments

• img3058before1_thumb.jpeg
    img3058before1_thumb.jpeg
    2.7 KB · Views: 88
Mark, even that is being kind! My legs would scare off all the frequent travellers and I could hear all the moms to their kids "Honey close your eyes, you don't want to see this horrid sight!" :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol:

LMAO.....PSA I know you are still one fine looking woman but I just can't see a lot of employees being able to carry that look anymore. Just the thought of some of these women with their child bearing hips, cottage cheese thighs and calves that look like road maps, in a mini skirt is just not right! LOL Not taking pot shots at the female gender.....I am sure you don't want to see some of the guys with their beer gut and droopy butt in a tank top and short shorts. LOL

Winglet said:
How about blue Walmart vests with a big yellow smiley on the back?
[post="272235"][/post]​

Weenerlet,

Why don't you take some photo's of you in your outfit to show us what it will look like.

We'll still be doing business markets, first class, and transatalantic service. We need to be professional.

I like the concept behind Delta's upcoming one, but it might be a bit TOO stylish to last very long.

I like the classic, tailored, look. F/As should look like crewmembers, not housekeepers, camp counselors, or hookers. There should also be differentiations for different departments to make things less confusing for customers and employees alike.

I know it seems corny, but I believe every word of the Impressions of Excellence idea is true. There is ample research out there about how employees look and act affect a customer's perception of a company. We are in the customer service and safety business.

I love traveling in Europe because for the most part, airline employees look like they work for an airline! They represent thier carriers and thier country through thier uniforms and play the role well.

I've got plenty of ideas on the uniforms. Doug, if you are out there, are you looking for someone to be in charge of this? :)

Just please please whatever the new uniform is make it affordable to purchase. And don't make us continue to pay for the old US uniforms. I still have a big balance and have been told that when my recall rights run out in Oct. that I will be billed for them. Don't see that happening - I can't afford to pay for something I can't use or sell. Maybe with all the merger business, I can get lucky and overlooked :up: ? I had some hope that I just might get recalled with the merger as our local news is reporting that the airport authourity is talking with both US and HP about increasing flights but from what I read I will be gone before the merger goes through. Good luck to all that remain, I have many fond memories but have realised my time has run out. The clock is ticking and Oct is coming quickly. Does anyone have any numbers from CWA on how many agents our about to loose recall?

How about a big bullseye on the back, appropriate if one considers upper managements attitude towards their employees!