News on FA Recall?

What is your seniority. When does it say you have to be back?

My seniority is only back to August '99. This was the original notification letter, stating a return to work packet would be coming in the next few days. The only timeframe it gave was "May". No specifics.

My seniority is only back to August '99. This was the original notification letter, stating a return to work packet would be coming in the next few days. The only timeframe it gave was "May". No specifics.
Did the letter say how far back it went? Are you going to come back? If so, welcome back. If you are based in PHL, I will see you at the reserve table.

Did the letter say how far back it went? Are you going to come back? If so, welcome back. If you are based in PHL, I will see you at the reserve table.

Thanks for the "welcome back". I'm about 80% sure that I'm going to go ahead and take the plunge and come back. I've been the corporate world since I left in 2002. While the pay has been great, the daily drama is as bad or as worse than it appears to be at USAirways!

I'll actually be in DCA. I don't understand the LTO system at all, we were still on the seniority based system when I left. Secondary line holders are just a couple of months senior to me, but from what I understand seniority doesn't matter much with the LTO system.

Are ther any F/A in DCA with around 99 seniority with any thoughts to share?

ALL of the VF have at least 9 years of seniority and they went back to at least June 99 inverse order so people coming back are senior. These people will be coming and in some places hold secondary blocks. But the reality everybody coming back are senior. So each time there is a another recall the people coming back will be seniority to the people on line.

I thought the same thing.
[/quote

I just think that it is par the course the reason that a lot of people are working today is because the senior took the leave in the first place. If we had not taken the leave there is the strong possiblity that you would have not been to keep your job. Seniority is the only thing that we have. Good luck to all

I thought the same thing.

I just think that it is par the course the reason that a lot of people are working today is because the senior took the leave in the first place. If we had not taken the leave there is the strong possiblity that you would have not been to keep your job. Seniority is the only thing that we have. Good luck to all
Well actually I was on a VF that then turned into a furlough only to get recalled very soon after being invol. I haven't bet the farm on this place so I stayed out for quite some time and came back when I was ready. I have all my ducks in a row so if I get furloughed again then just fine with me. My point being when I agreed on the last page was that we are already overstaffed and by bringing back people that are senior to most of the RSV's in the small bases that it is not going to help morale one bit. With the horrible shape the economy is in and with the looming lease returns in the fall it is only making people that much less enthusiastic about their job. But "thanks" for taking the VF so that everyone junior could keep their job. I'm sure the sincerity is appreciated.

so basically the people coming back will move everyone down?
So people on reserve will probabley never get a block?

Beepers suck and so does rsv if you know you are never getting off it

are they ever going to change this for us? does anybody know this.

so basically the people coming back will move everyone down?
So people on reserve will probabley never get a block?

Beepers suck and so does rsv if you know you are never getting off it

are they ever going to change this for us? does anybody know this.

We're going to be on reserve forever. We will never have a life. Forget having a normal life or having a normal relationship. I can't even go into manhattan because I'm afraid they will call me when I'm on the train. It's like being in prison when you're on duty for 6 days and they never call you.

So they obviously didn't get very far into the VF pool with this recall. Hmm, I wonder how many will actually show up for training this time and if they'll need to go back and try to get some more VFs in order to get the headcount they want.

I shot an email out today to the folks in Tempe who are the contacts we were given for the recall info. I just wanted to find out when we could expect to hear something one way or the other. I got a fairly quick response saying that they hadn't sent anything out yet but they didn't think they'd get as high as my seniority (mid-1986).

I feel like they're probably getting a much higher percentage of "yes" responses from the VF group than they got from the invols, which I sort of expected would be the case.

I sent an e-mail the other day (Tues I think) and it indicated that EVERYONE would be getting a letter either way. People are just dropping left and right.... even vols who said they were returning now aren't.

Great, more senior people that are completely unneeded and will push all of us down more in seniority. Way to increase morale.

It would happen anyway....

I would rather them just get it over with instead of stretching it out for a few more summers.

So they obviously didn't get very far into the VF pool with this recall. Hmm, I wonder how many will actually show up for training this time and if they'll need to go back and try to get some more VFs in order to get the headcount they want.

I believe they got back to at least May 97 thus far. Again, it was indicated that ALL would be getting letters. (nothing official)

I don't think the turn out is as good as another poster has indicated.

I sent an e-mail the other day (Tues I think) and it indicated that EVERYONE would be getting a letter either way. People are just dropping left and right.... even vols who said they were returning now aren't.
Yeah, I figured I would've gotten my letter by now saying, "Sorry but we didn't get to your seniority number on the recall list." But I've heard nothing. At this rate, if they continue to get "jilted" by F/As who say they're coming back but don't show up, they won't get the number of warm bodies they want back on the property by May 1.