outstations, please be responsible

Can a Mexican fly from CLT-MEX without a passport????
Can active duty military on leave fly without a passport to their duty station out of the USA?

You know I'm the 1st to jump on the West whenever I can, but this problem existed well before the merger was even a twinkle in Parker's eyes. Blame Tempe curriculum, or new-hires in YUM or SNA all you want, but this was happening in the AVLs and ORFs of the world for years. Not a new issue. Still a headache for customers and employees alike, but not a new problem, for sure.

Not sure if QIK/Shares has that handy-dandy DOCS OK thing or not....if it doesn't, it ought to.

Can a Mexican fly from CLT-MEX without a passport????
Can active duty military on leave fly without a passport to their duty station out of the USA?
In answer to your Mexican question, NO, unles they are being deported back to the mothership or have some other form of acceptable docs
In answer to the military question: Yes but they have to have orders to go back. If they're going to FRA from CLT, and they lost their orders in the airport, we'll have them do their best to have the copy faxed and if that doesn't work we'll let them travel following a phone call to FRA to ensure we don't get fined and that someone from their branch has been notified and is working on providing the orders. If they have lost their active duty ID , absolutely not.

You know I'm the 1st to jump on the West whenever I can, but this problem existed well before the merger was even a twinkle in Parker's eyes. Blame Tempe curriculum, or new-hires in YUM or SNA all you want, but this was happening in the AVLs and ORFs of the world for years. Not a new issue. Still a headache for customers and employees alike, but not a new problem, for sure.

Not sure if QIK/Shares has that handy-dandy DOCS OK thing or not....if it doesn't, it ought to.
You're probably right, I really don't care who is doing it, I had another one today and after explaining to the pax that the station shouldnt have sent them, after trying to explain to their mom on the cell phone why their dear baby wasnt coming for the 2003023424th time, and then getting in an argument with the traveling companions over why it's not ME being RUDE , it's the LAW, I decided to gripe about it because Jane Doe in AWC didn't know what the mmpppffhhh she was doing.

:down:

You're probably right, I really don't care who is doing it, I had another one today and after explaining to the pax that the station shouldnt have sent them, after trying to explain to their mom on the cell phone why their dear baby wasnt coming for the 2003023424th time, and then getting in an argument with the traveling companions over why it's not ME being RUDE , it's the LAW, I decided to gripe about it because Jane Doe in AWC didn't know what the mmpppffhhh she was doing.

:down:

Oh, don't get me wrong, these are NOT pretty situations. You get set up to be made the bad guy because some bone-head in an upline city didn't do his or her job correctly. Doesn't matter if he or she is East, West or Martian. One needs docs. Timatic exists for a reason. USE IT.

My fav was the whole hospital birth record (the stupid doc with the footprints) thing back in the day. We'd appropriately deny the pax for not having the correct doc and send them off scurrying to get it. Then, they'd get to island XYZ some number of days later and show the original doc to the passport control goon who would say "that would have worked just fine for me." Then the pax would be back in my face (or, more accurately stated, on my phone, since I was in Consumer Affairs) demanding all sorts of $$$$$. Of course, we wouldn't give it to them since our position was that Timatic was written based on official State Department info, and we were obligated to uphold it, sorry the upline people made a mistake, blah blah blah. Never an easy conversation to resolve for us after the fact or for y'all face to face.

At Sabre cutover, I once had an AA instructor teaching us the pre-HP merger US Consumer Affairs system use the letters RTDT in class. The system basically TOLD you what button to push next, if you'd only look. RTDT stood for "Read The Damn Thing." Love it.

InternationalShannon,
The reason it happens is there are no consequences for the outstation agents if they don't do their jobs. If they send someone to CLT without proper documents, a shift manager may or may not call the originating station and if they do, nothing happens accept a stern "you know better than that...yadda yadda yadda". Bottom line...There is no accountability. Take it from someone who spent some time in CLT on D-Con, no one seems to really care. They always say "lets just move on" or "just get it off the gate, NOW!" The New US doesn't understand D-Con or Carribean Saturday in CLT. When are they going to start holding the originating stations responsible? When the pax reaches the Hub cities the transition to their next flight should be smooth and seamless. It just seems that no one cares anymore. Best to all of you on D-Con! Yall keep your chins up and remember some of us appreciate your hard work and effort.

Just ship 'em on outta there they way you do cargo! Final destination London? Okay, we'll ship you to Germany first and work our way back. Never mind it will cost the company $thousands$ we just want the problem gone from our city!

As a customer US has cost me thousands with this type of attitude. Meanwhile I've spent six figures and they won't even return calls.

Your airline will perish with this type of attitude. There is no margin left.

Just ship 'em on outta there they way you do cargo! Final destination London? Okay, we'll ship you to Germany first and work our way back. Never mind it will cost the company $thousands$ we just want the problem gone from our city!

As a customer US has cost me thousands with this type of attitude. Meanwhile I've spent six figures and they won't even return calls.

Your airline will perish with this type of attitude. There is no margin left.
I had to read that three times and I'm still not sure what you were getting at..you spent six figures getting deported because you had incorrect docs ? or, because someone had a bad attitude?
I'm not being snarky, but if you got on a plane to Germany thinking you were going to London, I have to point out that the boarding pass or announcements might throw a red flag up.... :huh:

People, please please please always check. I am not going to call any one particular station out, but if ya'll send me one more mexican with out a letter from the consulate or a passport I am personally going to bring him or her back to you. Oh, and yes Timatic may say you can go to NAS with a birth certificate but check the return, YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT TO ENTER THE USA!!!

This is not rocket science. I work enough LGW and FRA to know.

There is a very nice PDF file of acceptable FORMS of ID NEEDED on a COLOR chart, if anyone needs a copy of this please PM me with an email address and I can send you one. I took them to KINKO's and had a color copy made and laminated and left at the ticket counter for my last station. It sure helps the agents when they have questions about INTL travel and not sure, BUT please dont send anyone to CLT or PHL without a PASSPORT, and other needed documents. It takes just a few min to check the TIMATIC for what is requied.

So a Mexican doesn’t need a passport
Well, if customs is deporting them back,if they have a consulate paper, no, but unless you have something that is acceptable in accordance with the regulations YES you have to have a passport. There has to be some documentation. If there is ever a question you check timatic. The original point of this post was to drive home the point that people are not checking timatic. If you want to play tit for tat, go ahead, or check timatic yourself

The original point of this post was to drive home the point that people are not checking timatic.
What’s in timatic and what some shift manager says is sometimes two different things. The two examples (and there are more) timatic says one thing and a call to a shift manager who is covering their butts says another

People, please please please always check. I am not going to call any one particular station out, but if ya'll send me one more mexican with out a letter from the consulate or a passport I am personally going to bring him or her back to you. Oh, and yes Timatic may say you can go to NAS with a birth certificate but check the return, YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT TO ENTER THE USA!!!

This is not rocket science. I work enough LGW and FRA to know.
You better check timatic like InternationalShannon says both of your examples timatic says?????????????

Latest posts