outstations, please be responsible

Really? If I beg really , really super nicely do you think that I could get that extra nickel per hour to argue with you in person? That would be fun. How about next Friday? That work for you? See you there!!

PS, if you don't want to come, that's okay, I'll be honest about it and in 2011, or whenever our contract is up for negotiation, I'll make sure and remind them that your six figures aren't here anymore and hopefully they remember to take it out of my paycheck then. For now, you really don't do anything to my paycheck except make me wonder if it's worth it or not.

:up:

you go girl!! :up:

Boy this thread is going downhill fast.

To get back on track, here is a questionfor Shannon (or anyone else who might know): Rumor is that UA sent a bunch of reroutes ( a cxld 777 flt, no doubt) on US fom XXX via CLT to LGW; the flight to CLT was on US. Only problem was that some of the people had connections beyond the UK out of LHR, but not proper docs to enter the UK. Something you have to do if changing from LGW to LHR. So they were sent back to XXX.

Boy this thread is going downhill fast.

To get back on track, here is a questionfor Shannon (or anyone else who might know): Rumor is that UA sent a bunch of reroutes ( a cxld 777 flt, no doubt) on US fom XXX via CLT to LGW; the flight to CLT was on US. Only problem was that some of the people had connections beyond the UK out of LHR, but not proper docs to enter the UK. Something you have to do if changing from LGW to LHR. So they were sent back to XXX.

My guess, if more than one was denied, the most obvious problem is that they had connections out of Heathrow. It's not so much that they can go out of LHR and not LGW, they probably had approved docs to transit the UK but not enter it (leave the airport other than on their connection) LHR LGW by car, taxi, tube, etc does not count, and this connection is not allowed if they only have sufficient docs for transit.

That's probably what happened.

Did I say they were? Let's slow down and re-read the post. Leave papers OR orders. I know they get leave papers. Why don't you spend more time figuring out whether the chicken or the egg came first? Your arguments make very little sense. Leave papers OR orders.
I have enough sense to know the different between- or, and, must. Are leave papers and military ID enough to go Germany

People, please please please always check. I am not going to call any one particular station out, but if ya'll send me one more mexican with out a letter from the consulate or a passport YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT TO ENTER THE USA!!!
Can a Mexican go to Mexico without a passport and have Matricula Consular? WHAT DOES TIMATIC SAY?

Can a Mexican go to Mexico without a passport and have Matricula Consular? WHAT DOES TIMATIC SAY?
Look it up instead of having other people do your work, you bust all up in this thread like the freakin' kool aid man but you make no points and no sense. Arguing with you is devaluing my thread so look closely.......Here comes my point: LOOK IT UP YOURSELF!!

[I'm going to send their crying/cussing bums right back armed with whoever's name checked them in at the outstation....courtesy of the ability to look up die sines in qik. FANTASTIC!!

You can do the same thing when the downline stations send you a plane load of misconnects when these pax have no chance of making connections. I worked in PIT back in the 1980's and practically doubled my salary in OT earned by staying late every nite to hotel misconns. It was the same stations over and over again, yet PIT mgmnt never did a thing about it.

its funny this subject of training comes up...I asked in my station to have additional training on international stuff when the merger took place....all we see now is handouts on where to look...I am one whom knew and have used timatic...many don't know about it...handouts don't cut it IMO. Then again, if I am not sure I ask...alot of times the response is "I don't know"

its funny this subject of training comes up...I asked in my station to have additional training on international stuff when the merger took place....all we see now is handouts on where to look...I am one whom knew and have used timatic...many don't know about it...handouts don't cut it IMO. Then again, if I am not sure I ask...alot of times the response is "I don't know"
It is very frustrating. Because I don't have timatic here at home, I wouldnt even advise people to take what I say HERE for the gospel truth, the point is, check timatic, check it often because the rules change.
I always check timatic if I see a passport I dont recognize, even if I have heard they don't need a visa, check it anyway. If we get a fine, it comes back to the gate agents and it is very, very frustrating at departure time to try and explain to someone who just made it in that even though the plane is here, they need a visa for whatever country and because of the law, we can't take them.

They don't understand that just because the upline station made the initial mistake, we're still not going to allow them travel. This is a non negotiable issue. If we get a fine because of incorrect docs, every agent working that flight at the dep gate gets written up....even if they didn't check in that pax.

So please, everyone, check timatics, check it often - - it isn't worth the headaches and fine. FWIW, it seems as if we are being audited more carefully and just remember, your die sine is on everything. Careless mistakes are starting to catch up with people...

And also, on the subject of outstations dumping MISX...lol..I wont even GO there.

Love to everyone,
The incorrigible international shannon ;)

Not that you would, but you can actually go to staralliance.com and check the documentation necessary for trvl. Some rez agents find it friendlier to use. Just a FYI. Mama If you are using a star partner, that is.