Petition AGAINST US Airways China Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
But oh great self appointed protector of the customer youve never met,Mr professional I know whats best for your company guy,this can of 2380 is for you. :up: :up: :up:

You know, I can't tell you how many stranded passengers I've guested into the Philadelphia Main Club, mainly out of the goodness of my heart, because of US Airways' hostile customer service and a desire to help the common man.

How about going to Special Services in B/C and telling poor, uninformed people that they can head over on the bus to F terminal where there aren't 250 people in line?

Need I go on?

So before you start telling me about not knowing US Airways customers, why not try talking to me first. The mom and children sleeping on the floor because a US Airways agent decided weight and balance are an act of God at that given moment?

I'm a caring individual and full of compassion. Quite frankly, having been abandoned by US Airways for the last 2+ years, as a Gold Preferred customer, the thought of an A340 load of code-shared Chinese people who don't know any better being added to the lines at Special Services...SORRY, I'll pass...and anyone who wants to join me...please, by all means, sign the petition.

And, for the record, I'm all for US Airways flying wherever they want to go, as long as they're a capable and fit airline. Right now, they're neither fit to fly Philadelphia to Altoona nor Phoenix to Tuscon...

My goal is a healthy, competitive US Airways that I can rely on to carry me to my destinations...and it won't happen if the management is operating well beyond their means.

If we had Sabre back, the lines at special service wouldn't be up concourse b or c. It is disgusting that these idiots opted for a 3rd rate system. With Sabre, whoever walked up to the gate could be accomodated within seconds and sent on their merry way. I feel terrible for our pax who are now forced to special services because we honestly cannot help them as we were so able to do before.

Ok but why was Sabre removed in the first place and what is it that the people who wrote the shares program promised?? Is the company being told that what ever the problem is they can fix it is short order? Is the computer the real problem or are employees refusing to really learn it? I dont know the answer to these do you??

I can say this, they removed sabre for a reason. Find out that reason and we may have a start point.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

During a meeting with Doug and his crew in CLT, we were told that Sabre' was able to be eliminated due to bankruptcy and it would cost more to dump HP's contract with Shares. It is now reported that CHQ I.T. has spent more to fix QIK than it would have been to get out of the contract and keep Sabre'. Sabre' could reroute anyone anywhere in the world with one entry. It was an amazing customer service tool. One entry would give me every single and double connection point to anywhere. It was accurate, we could get flight info on any airline, we could trust availability, see other airline seat maps, change passengers seats on other airlines, ....I could go on all evening. QIK just can't compare when it comes to being reliable, efficent, and accurate. Qik only lets you check in one person at a time, Sabre'could check in up to 10 people at once, even with different last names. The lists just goes on.

As a First Class cusomter service professional, I have to say that this substandard level of service is UNACCEPTABLE. Our formally loyal Chairmans Preferred members deserve much better as does John Q Public who saved all year to take his family on vacation.

Sabre' is used by many of the worlds largest air carriers...American, Air France,etc...because they know quality and they know what it takes to provide the utmost in customer service. US does'nt even use native Shares, they use a QIK overlay. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. The difference, AWA320, is First Class QUALITY....something that we no longer provide.

If we had Sabre back, the lines at special service wouldn't be up concourse b or c. It is disgusting that these idiots opted for a 3rd rate system. With Sabre, whoever walked up to the gate could be accomodated within seconds and sent on their merry way. I feel terrible for our pax who are now forced to special services because we honestly cannot help them as we were so able to do before.

As a long-time customer, I sympathize with US Airways employees and intend on sticking it out as long as it does not interfere with my ability to conduct business. I just do what I can while I'm stranded there and I've learned the ins and outs of the system...
  1. Maintain Calm
  2. Don't take anything out on front-line employees...there's nothing they can do
  3. Get a Club Membership if you can afford it...if your employer makes you fly US Airways...make them pay for a membership
  4. Avoid Philadelphia at all costs...PIT and CLT all the way!
  5. If at PHL, F terminal is the best Special Services
  6. Arrive early for E170 long-hauls...they're weight restricted
  7. SMILE...it goes a long way with employees whose morale is low!
I just spread the word to others when I'm traveling and talk with people I meet...I've met a lot of nice people while stranded, including some on the boards...so it's not been all that bad.

One thing is clear (and back on topic): expansion is absolutely not the answer.

Now if impact is what you wish then send the company a letter or better send it directly to Douglas!!
Doug doesn't respond....he used to have one of his 'assistants' reply, but doesn't even do that anymore. Sending letters is like writing to Santa Claus......they don't respond and they don't care.

only a few short years ago we won best cabin staff, best economy class, and best business class for North America.

I remember the good ole days with Wolf and Gangwal. They only came to sell us to United, but at least they made it a classy operation!

I remember the good ole days with Wolf and Gangwal. They only came to sell us to United, but at least they made it a classy operation!

I wouldn't go so far as to call the Gangwal/Wolf product 100% classy, but it certainly was in line with United of the time...ready to merge...and fully in line with the standards set by Star Alliance carriers (they were applying for membership at the time, if I recall correctly)

And, since 2005, there's been a coordinated attack on the product from within at all levels (reconfigurations, decontenting inflight services in all classes, non-industry standard computer system etc.) that puts them far behind their partner carriers.

US Airways cost-cutting strategy basically involves them jumping over dollars to grasp at pennies...there is no apparent understanding of the big picture and what the true cost of what they're doing really is.

Further, it appears as though no one within US Airways senior management has ever flown a competitive product as a business person to understand the level of inferiority their customers are experiencing. Glassware and a fork and knife aren't going to solve the problem...

US Airways is facing a serious crisis in that they provide little, if any value, to the average air consumer. Fares are at or above market value for a clearly inferior product. Management's arrogance toward this fact is deeply troubling.

How would you know anything about trans alantic ops, you RJ flight attendant!!!

blah blah bitter blah blah bitter blah

Well , I am a Philadelphia based US Airways flight attendant. I have been working our transatlantic flights for years, including when it was an award winning, three class product in the late 90s/early 00s. I have worked 13 of our 19 destinations as Cabin Service Director, Purser, and all of the other positions. I also worked for another international carrier with much further reach than US Airways.

However, that carrier was not Royal Jordanian. That is what you meant by RJ flight attendant, right?

How much do you know about transatlantic ops?

Well , I am a Philadelphia based US Airways flight attendant. I have been working our transatlantic flights for years, including when it was an award winning, three class product in the late 90s/early 00s. I have worked 13 of our 19 destinations as Cabin Service Director, Purser, and all of the other positions. I also worked for another international carrier with much further reach than US Airways.

However, that carrier was not Royal Jordanian. That is what you meant by RJ flight attendant, right?

How much do you know about transatlantic ops?

Well, this customer remembers the good times...It's truly tragic what's been done...just keep the spirit alive. To me, it's not imaginable that they'd think of flying to China with the present situation. My opposition to the route is not against the employees as much as it's for the employees...

Obviously, they've got the people in place to do it, but management is asleep at the wheel. The airline, for lack of a better way of putting it, has been seriously, seriously injured. US is going to have to learn to walk again before it runs across the north pole on the back of its already embattled customers.

Back on topic

It seems as though some have taken to writing their own letters to the DOT asking them not to give US the award specifically because of the operation problems and service levels.

The funniest I have seen on the DOT website is letter #479. a dentist is against NW because of the possible spread of microorganisms.

#480 looks like it was written in crayon!

Though so far the poeple against US include businesses and a CP.

Next Stop...NOT CHINA!

Hi folks...you might know me from the other boards.

Sorry guys, if they can't get an 737 off the ground for CLT-PHL, I'm giving the vote of ZERO confidence in China service.

I'm starting a campaign... I'm collecting names and sending a meaningless letter full of unverifiable signatures to the DOT just like US Airways is

Join me if you wish. Please don't flame me if you're against me. Just seeking support.

You should go BACK to the boards you came from. Thanks.

I have an idea! Lets scuttle the US application and just award it to DAL,CAL,NWA or whoever else wants it. We can do the job for them. All they have to do is sit back and laugh at what people will do to "spite their face".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts