Revoking Your Iam Membership

Roadtrip,

What is wrong?

Can't refute the facts of what I posted and what transpired?

I am very dissapointed.

700 just keep kissing iam butts im sure you will be appointed to a mafia postion for life without an election soon enough if there are any of us left to represent if that what you call it.
By the way you mentioned your still working dumping lavs for now but soon your job will be eliminated and then will be on recall! Recall for a job thats been eliminated isnt that like waiting to go ice skating on a pond when you live in brazil?

Just not gonna happen.

Keep those lips puckered I'm sure you will get the big promotion!

Guess you cant read.

I said I am utility at the moment, never did I say I was going to be eliminated, I stated I will still be employed under the Mechanic and Related contract.

Glad to see you still have to insult instead of trying to refute what I have posted.

Never did I say I was going to be recalled as I am still employed and will continue to be employed.

Keep up with the lack of substance posting, I am looking forward to your next round of attacks, insults and keeping off topic.

Justaramper,Feb 20 2005, 04:02 PM]
Like it or not, the IAM is the union that represents Fleet Service at USAirways. You do have an option to leave if this is a problem, I'm sure others would like to have your job.

Justalapdog;
Sounds like you feel that Tim and other USAIR workers work for the IAM. Well guess what? YOU ARE WRONG! They dont, the IAM is supposed to work for them!The fact is that Tim and the other workers got their jobs on their own initiative and they have the right to fire the IAM if they so choose. You have a lot of nerve acting like the IAM has more of a right to be at USAIR than any worker.

wings396 said:
How can one go about stopping the payroll deduction for dues? Thanks..
[post="249179"][/post]​

Look in your contract, if it does not tell you how then send a letter to USAIR payroll with a copy to your Local notifying them that you are revoking your permission for check-off, the deduction of union dues from your paycheck.

If anyone gives you a hard time inform them that in order to deduct union dues they have to have your permission, and you are revoking permission and if they do not stop you will file a complaint with the DOL.

700UW,Feb 20 2005, 04:39 PM]Ahh the sideline QB who Thinks he knows it all speaks.

Let me give you some history:

Timmy back in the early 90's, started his own union, filed short on cards which caused a one year bar on any union vote, during that time frame the company decimated the Fleet Service and Customer Service Group.

And that was because in that one year they could not file? What did the company do before the card drive? Were you well paid then?

The company took away their vacation, sick time, OJI bank, down-graded 40% of the workforce to part-time (causing a part-time employee who wanted family medical coverage to pay $300 a month), cut the hours for the part-time to a max of 25.  The company outsourced express work and caused major layoffs, they outsourced air freight also.  They froze and eliminated their pension.

So, when you consider inflation were you making more then than you are now? Are you much better off today with the IAM than you were then, without them? Please factor in what you pay for dues.

Then Timmy had the audacity to try and sell his name list to the Teamsters for a job. 

Well of all the choices within the AFL-CIO the Teamsters have given members the best results.

Then the organizing drive started and the IAM won and represented the Fleet Service workers in 1995.  After one T/A was voted down the Fleet Service Members ratified their first agreement in 1999 that raised their wages, got them thier vacation, sick time and OJI back.  Established a grievance procedure, a part-time cap, scope language and many other improvements.

And how many of them do you still have?

Timmy went out of his way to hinder the process and not help.  He was disciplined by the company for his web site that attacked the IAM, IAM Representatives and IAM Supporters as well as the company.

Maybe they deserved it.

Then Timmy and Mike Pruitt tried to start their own union called FSWU (Fleet Service Workers United) they appointed themselves to leadership roles with no experience and no funding.  That failed also.

Well persistance is the key, or should they simply just give up on their belief in democratic unionism because they failed in their first attempt?

Then Mike and Timmy came up with the AGW to try and represent the Fleet Service workers, they once again anointed themselves to the Grand Poobas and failed once again to gather enough cards for an election.

Timmy and Mike at the time were members in good standing in the IAM, the IAM Constitution prohibits Dual Unionism, both were tried, found guilty and fined, to this date both of them have not paid their fines so as Justaramper said, they are not members in good standing.

Both of them have no experience and no resources to represent and yet negotiate.  The likes of Jerry Glass would have decimated them. 

The AGW when first organized hired the law firm of Seham and Seham who have represented COMPANIES AGAINST unions.  A real union would not hire a law firm that has anti-union history.

Could it be that if he tried to hire a lawyer who worked for an AFL-CIO union that the lawyer would have been threatened? Thats what happened to me. I hired a Union lawyer who represented some AFL-CIO unions but I released himn after those unions told him that if he pursued a case against the TWU that they would drop him and evict him. I think that Tims quest to get rid of an anti-worker "union" is more important than which lawyer he hires to do it.

Now his made-up unions says they want the Fleet Service Members to decertify the IAM and let them become employees at will once again and being at the mercy of the company.

"At the mercy of the company?!!! Well we know what that could mean, pay and benifit cuts, layoffs etc, sort of like what just happened right?

Now what so-called union with no money and no resources would advocate a decertification drive and the consequences it brings.  Everyone knows Timmy wants to be in charge and get his hands on the Fleet Service Dues Money.

And we know that the IAM wants the same thing so they can pay Roach $250k a year, by the way how much would the President of the AGW get? Its a lot less isnt it?

You can say what you want about the IAM Bob, but once again you are not an employee, not a IAM member and you are only guessing at what actually transpired, you believe the word of US Airways Executives who have been caught lying on more then one occasion, so I would not expect you to actually know the history and what actually has occurred.

I do? What gives you that idea. If I recall I was warning you guys not to believe Seigal, werent you saying to give the guy a chance?

Funny I did not see the membership complain when times were good and the IAM got them raises, improvements in working conditions and benefits.

But dont unions really show their true worth during the bad times? Even non-union workers usually get raises, improvements and working conditions when times are good.

If you have not looked around all the legacy carriers have had to get concessions from their employees, being ALPA, AFA, AMFA, CWA, IAM, TWU and non-union carriers like CO and DL have imposed concessions on their non-unionized employees.

But you guys were the first, and the second to do so. You are presently on round 4 of concessions.Its pretty sad when the non-union workers are the last in line to give concessions as the unions trip over themselves to be the leaders in concessions.

The industry is broken and the above unions like it or not have helped those carriers stay in business with the sacrifices their members have made.

No, they have ruined the lives of their members while helping companies like GE get richer. The unions should have gotten together and shut the whole thing down. How long do you think that the economy would survive with no air transportation?

Feel free to launch more attacks I am expecting it.

Come down off the cross pal, you are no martyr.

Wings, you can say what you want, but majority rules that is the democratic process, yes people are hurt by it, but your own coworkers are the ones who ratified it. 

Because the leaders failed to lead. The members should fire the leaders.

And you were better in 1992 after the company did what they pleased with you and changed the PPG daily after the Pilots accepted concessions?

You have to get involved to make a change, unfortunatly in this round the company had all the cards and wanted to play by their rules and no one elses.

And your union (as well as mine)willingly obliged instead of fighting.

700UW said:
The IAM at every local lodge meeting had District Representatives poll and question the membership on what direction to go before the negotiation process started.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That ABSOLUTELY DID NOT HAPPEN for many of the fleet out-stations at their local lodge meetings.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
During the process their was communication from the membership on the floor to the local lodge leadership and to the district lodge leadership on what the membership thought was important and what they could live with.
That ABSOLUTELY DID NOT HAPPEN for many of the fleet out-stations at their local lodge meetings.

During the process members of the Negotiating Committee at times when negotiations were not scheduled, while they were back at work and even on their own time were out on the floor communicating and exchanging ideas with the membership.
To my knowledge,No NC member came to our local lodge during the entire process.

Even during negotiations, phone calls were taken, e-mails answered at all times of the day and night to give the local leadership updates on the process and exchange information.
Not all of the locals, nor their leadership.
Every Tuesday at 9:30AM the General Chairman and the Negotiating Committee held a conference call to update the local lodge leadership and grievance committees on the progress or lack of progress of the negotiation process, and to take questions from call participants. Those members on the call were to take the information out to the floor.
There was never ONE conference call between the AGC/NC to every lodge representing fleet.

And at every single ratification vote a General Chairman, IAM Representative or a Negotiating Committee member was there to answer any and all questions that any Mechanic and Related IAM member would have.
That is true, but at some stations, more questions were deferred ("that's a good question; I'll get back to you") than answered. As a result, many voted in the dark.

See a non-IAM member and non-US employee to actually grasp and understand that all of these things occurred and the process was doomed from the beginning because of the Pro-Debtor Judge the company had.
[post="249307"][/post]​

Justaramper said:
Like it or not, the IAM is the union that represents Fleet Service at USAirways. You do have an option to leave if this is a problem, I'm sure others would like to have your job.
[post="249280"][/post]​
When organizing in the late 80's and early 90's, to try and make working conditions better, I can easily remember management personel saying the exact same thing.

This quote clearly shows how now, there is no difference in COMPANY union and MANAGEMENT!!!!! :down: :down: :down:

From where I stand the IAM has done nothing to support me or my co-workers. The IAM may be the Nuts if you happen to be in a Hub or Larger station, but it stops there.
What kind of Union would endorse any type of an agreement that permits UNION JOBS to be eliminated in favor of low wage contractors? I wish they fought as hard for us as they did the Airbus work. This was not the first time that they let the Company outsource Jobs either. In the first proposal to the IAM-FSA group back in 97-98, they were going to let the company contract out the ramps in several stations as well. For some reason that poor excuse for a contract never came up for a vote. At that time it was dubbed "The PPG, with the IAM stamp of approval".
As far as I know the IAM-FSA group only saw ONE raise while the IAM contract was in effect. Everything went downhill after that, and we never even saw the
Parity +1% raise that was supposed to come our way. Our wages continue to slide, and the IAM has the Gall to raise our dues TWICE.
Soon they will be getting NO Dues from a lot of thier Former members that have been repalced by outside vendors.

1. Let me give you some history:

Timmy back in the early 90's, started his own union, filed short on cards which caused a one year bar on any union vote, during that time frame the company decimated the Fleet Service and Customer Service Group.

Yes, Tim Nelson did file for an election in the early 90's, but it was for the Customer Service Agents, not Fleet Service and he filed with a 12% of the cards signed. He fully knew the rules, but was "playing" a game" with the NMB, Customer Service and USAir . It was then so easy for USAir to do what they wanted, as the threat to unionize had a 1 yr. waiting period and the 12% of cards signed went lower to single digits when the final tally was counted. He "played" right into there hands and we all paid a BIG price for that stupidty.

2. Then Timmy had the audacity to try and sell his name list to the Teamsters for a job.

No, he stole the name list from the IBT at a meeting and tried to sell it to the IAM {refused} and TWU. Only he knows if he sold it, maybe he can comment on that issue

3. Timmy went out of his way to hinder the process and not help. He was disciplined by the company for his web site that attacked the IAM, IAM Representatives and IAM Supporters as well as the company.

He was disciplined for calling for a "sickout" via his website. Given Level 3 and 5 days off to think about his actions. His website {The Big Picture} served no purpose and was created to slander those who were trying to negotiate a contract. If he wanted to help, all he had to do was get involved, but instead he decided to become a "keyboard coward". He was lucky he kept his job..

Don't forget the "secret" meeting with John Long, when he tried to convince him, that his union was a good one and would help the company prosper. It was all about him, not us

Just helping you get the facts straight, Bob

Diogenes,

I was speaking for mechanic and related not Fleet Service.

Justaramper said:
1. Let me give you some history:

Yes, Tim Nelson did file for an election in the early 90's, but it was for the Customer Service Agents, not Fleet Service and he filed with a 12% of the cards signed. He fully knew the rules, but was "playing" a game" with the NMB, Customer Service and USAir  . It was then so easy for USAir to do what they wanted, as the threat to unionize had a 1 yr. waiting period and the 12% of cards signed went lower to single digits when the final tally was counted.  He "played" right into there hands and we all paid a BIG price for that stupidty.
2. Then Timmy had the audacity to try and sell his name list to the Teamsters for a job. 
No, he stole the name list from the IBT at a meeting and tried to sell it to the IAM {refused} and TWU. Only he knows if he sold it, maybe he can comment on that issue
3. Timmy went out of his way to hinder the process and not help.  He was disciplined by the company for his web site that attacked the IAM, IAM Representatives and IAM Supporters as well as the company.

He was disciplined for calling for a "sickout" via his website. Given Level 3 and 5 days off to think about his actions. His website {The Big Picture} served no purpose and was created to slander those who were trying to negotiate a contract. If he wanted to help, all he had to do was get involved, but instead he decided to become a "keyboard coward". He was lucky he kept his job..

Don't forget the "secret" meeting with John Long, when he tried to convince him, that his union was a good one and would help the company prosper. It was all about him, not us
Just helping you get the facts straight, Bob
[post="249470"][/post]​
As said before the IAM will seek to destroy those who are not company/IAM yes men. They are still steaming from the huge defeat in 1998, and will do or say anything to protect their cozy relationship with companys to keep the Dues rolling in. But time is not on the IAM's side, like the Mechanics abandoned the IAM for real union representation so to will FSA's, not only at US but other airlines as well. That why the campaign is on to destroy those assosiciated with the AGW. The AGW is poised to take members away from the IAM, its just a matter of time!!! :up:

Latest posts

Back