Rude Customer Service

Just to clear up a bit of misinformation.
The company only advise employees to utilize the HUB to do companion/guest passes and there is "good" reason for this.
ID90 and ZED tickets cannot be done on the HUB since these tickets have to be paper tickets and it has to be done at an airport. It is now a tricky process but once you get the hang of it its easier than sabre.
then this needs to be communicated with the hubs---especially CLT. To refuse to help a non rev....WE ARE A CUSTOMER-INTERNAL. What happened to the motto/slogan---TAKING CARE OF US....? Start reporting all violations...rude treatment-everything...on the shells keypad--shift w and then I think f8 or f9. Unacceptable-shake head--totally!!!!

I'm not saying the agent sre doing what is morally correct I'm saying this is what we are being told to do by CSS"S Personlly I have spent 1 hour at tkt issuing one way ID90's to fa's...ther was no line at intl counter and I had no problem doing it...at the gate I always ask what seats they prefer and treat all non revs withe respect...However ITESTWELL with your attitude on this board I might sit you in 23D

I Hear What You're Saying...I Was In CLT Last Month And Wanted To Buy A Ticket On Airtran To Go Home..I Waited In Line Like Everybody Else and It GOt TO Be My Turn. I Asked The Ticket Agent If I Could Get a Ticket On Airtran This Was Her Response "We're Not Helping Non-Revs, We Have Paying Pax's To Help" I'm Sorry I Said But the Employee Desk Is Closed What am I supposed to do? She Than Asked Her Fellow Agent And He Said The Same Thing! :down: I Said Thanks For Your Help!! I Went Over To Airtran And Asked The Agent there If I Could Buy A Ticket My Fellow Employee Was Too Busy To Help.. So What Did She Do? Gave Me A FREE Ticket!! Now That's Giving a Helping Hand! :up:
I Feel Your Pain Man!
I'll bet You had the fortune of being "served" by the same middle aged blond bimbo that I had to deal with several month's ago when trying to purchase a ZED (on a family emergency). All I can say is "What goes around, comes around." (As for that particular Agent, I would turn a heart defib OFF........she doesn't have one, WHY bother. And she certainly wouldn't be any loss). Just stating the FACTS.

Just to be clear on this...I have never been told by an agent in PHX "we're not helping employees right now", that type of repsonse went away years ago. I have experienced slow service, confusion, not knowing what to do etc, mostly from new hires. In PHX you are able to go to the any ticket counter positions (full service), the employee lines were eliminated more than 3 years ago. Interline tickets are fairly simple to issue in QUIK and pricing is automatic.

In BOS recently, I was helped for 20 minutes to re-plan my stragegy for getting a flight and they agent said "don't worry about the line of people, we'll take care of you"....guess I had a great agent.

Interline tickets are fairly simple to issue in QUIK and pricing is automatic.

Depends on the airline and ticket. Just had a F/A tonight that said no one in CLT or PHL could help her. They couldnt get the info from the computer and couldnt get her a ticket. I happened to remember info from here on how to get to the old East ETM and found the carrier listed since the West doesnt have an agreement with them and it kept coming up info not found. Of course, I couldnt get the fare info from Shares (St Marteen-St Barts) and the flight info was limited (I did find 1 airline that flew the route she wanted.) Had to call rates to find the fare/store it since Shares didnt have it. Waited on hold for 20 mins for rates to answer (actually she waited on hold while I worked the FC and ticketing line alone until my partner was done with his dinner) and then I adv rates what I needed. Another 10 mins for her to find fare and store it and then its a simple process to ticket.
Over 30 mins for 1 "simple transaction" of an ID95. Maybe this is why some people dont want to do nonrev tickets or management has told them not to. I agree that most of the time its a simple 3 or 5 min transaction, but it takes just 1 time to get bitten to make people shy away from wanting to get involved. Now, what are the FC people doing the whole time I'm trying to ticket her? Staring at me and wondering what the dummy is trying to do with the computer. He must be incompetent he's taking so long. Geez. Yeah, thats the problem... :rolleyes:
Also goes back to proper training. Maybe its time for Tempe to have another "2 day catch up" class on things that people are having problems with. Or more help to take care of the extra long transactions that have to be processed now?

Tadjr, thank you for being as level headed and even tempered as you are.

A solution would be to allow the employee to do all of this online (or on the phone). Option #1 SA, Option #2 ZED, Option #3 ED20 etc etc etc
Is it a micro management thing? Or a continuing programming thing?

My elderly folks were supposed to non-rev out of ATL today. Our (USAirways) flt to CLT in the AM cancelled so that blew the rest of the day. I got on the NW web site after looking up ZED fare info on the HUB and easily manuevered their website as well as their automated phone system as well as speaking to a very friendly English speaking res agent.

So......it CAN be done. :rolleyes:

It's a shame to wait in line, only to be told that employees are not being help now. Our station manager several years ago told us not to issue any ID90's or employee tickets if there is a line checking in for flights. Tell the employee to come back later. But that doesnt work for everyone who needs a ticket immediately. Im sorry it's that way. Ive always tried to help any employee regardless if there is a line or not. Ive had too many "bull dogs" bark at me in PHL and other east stations when I tried to do anything, so I know how it feels.

I've never experienced problems in PIT. If I stood in line and then an agent told me they wouldn't help me I'd fake a seizure or a panic attack...just to shake things up a bit. I mean the STRESS of the situation COULD cause this. What about elderly parents on passes? Are agents gonna tell granny who stood in line like a good girl they won't help her? You might just have a real attack with that scenerio. People need to wise up here, use your head. Book the non-rev who waited their turn. It's shameful to do otherwise.

Later,
Eye

[quote name='gabby' date='Apr 26 2007, 04:16 PM' .

Yesterday i was going to buy an ID90 ticket for my spouse and after waiting 30min in line the ticket lady said she didn't have time for this.

SO MANY DEADHEADING CREW MWMBERS SHOW UP WITH ONLY 30MINS TO GET ON AN OA FLT TO THEIR CREW BASE. MEANWHILE WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF REROUTING AN ENTIRE PHL FLT DUE TO A GROUND STOP OR PSA OPERATIONAL DECISION. DON'T FORGET MANY ARE STILL LEARNING A NEW COMPUTER DECISION AND STILL HAVE'NT GOTTEN THE HANG OF ORDINARY TICKETING PROCEDURES MUCH LESS A ZED FARE

Hey if you come to my station :blink: and want zed's or id90's i usually will tell you give me a few minutes to finish with the other revenue paxs and when i get a minute I will do all the ones you need ,, it takes arnd 5 minutes to do one,, and thats right we need to be more aware of helping each other since this is all we have ..... B)

ID90s, service charge and ZED fare tickets are actually very simple to process in SHARES...I've done many and employee ticketing in Shares works very well, believe it or not. BUT if one refuses to learn how to do it, or shall we say PASS THE BUCK, then you won't discover how easy it actually is...Don't use the excuse I don't know how to do that...JUST TRY IT. Knowledge is a good thing. ;)

I've never experienced problems in PIT. If I stood in line and then an agent told me they wouldn't help me I'd fake a seizure or a panic attack...just to shake things up a bit. I mean the STRESS of the situation COULD cause this. What about elderly parents on passes? Are agents gonna tell granny who stood in line like a good girl they won't help her? You might just have a real attack with that scenerio. People need to wise up here, use your head. Book the non-rev who waited their turn. It's shameful to do otherwise.

Later,
Eye

The agents in PIT do a great job. They know better than anyone in the system if we don't take care of each other the bastards in Tempe win.