Sherri Shamblin Coming to PIT to meet w/ F/As

USA320Pilot concludes: Who first said on this Forum that once the last two major cost cuts (reservation system cutover & joint operating certificate) were obtained the company would be ready to cut new joint airline labor agreements? Furthermore, who indicated in the case of the pilots this would be done in Q2?

FACT CHECK AT 11!

No, you indicated that it would be done weeks ago. You don't recall BoeingBoy reminding you of that fact, apparently. In point of fact, you said three months ago that a pilot contract would be obtained in two months.

Not in Q2. First it was the beginning of March, then it was "Early Spring" and now it's "in Q2." (don't bother to edit the posts--there are screenshots to go up should the posts suddenly catch an edit)

Who was the first to predict tonight's lottery numbers after watching them being drawn? That's the analogy. You did not predict anything--you took a swag, and you keep moving the goalposts when your information and prediction failed to become correct.

Sort of like the United merger. And project minnow. And the Delta merger. And avoidance of the second bankruptcy. And the "competitive LCC response" in the form of the -170s. And "Southwest will never enter PHL or PIT."

You might as well tone down the "first to predict" stuff, or at a minimum wait until you have a working example where your "prediction" has not changed as it became clear it was wrong....

Clue,

Do you always post less than truthful information?

Dog,

I simply posted information from ALPA...

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Clue,

Do you always post less than truthful information?

You know, I was going to ask you to retract your personal attack. Not feeling particularly charitable towards those who would both lie about what they wrote, take credit for information they don't have, and then accuse someone else of being less than truthful, I will now post the links to what you have written on the subject of the new contract, along with the dates of when you wrote it, and we will allow the gentle readers of the forum to decide who is being less than truthful:

12/27/2006: You wrote: "It’s part of the process, but I expect we will see positive outcomes for employees in the not-to-distant future.

ClueByFour asks: What is the "not-to-distant future" and where/what are the "positive outcomes?" As a reminder, that was four months ago.

1/12/2006: You wrote: "US Airways and its unions are making progress on new collective bargaining agreements with proposals being passed back and forth across the table. In the case of the pilots, every section of the contract is now open and just this week one member of the JNC told me that he believes there will be a new pilot TA obtained in about two months, in these voluntary negotiations."

ClueByFour asks: What progress has been made, and why is there no TA now that it is almost three months after your "first on the board information" indicated two?

2/9/2006: You actually managed to contradict yourself in the span of one paragraph: "
During bankruptcy I indicated that the union's should cut deals that limit their concession verus giving more than the "ask", which could help US Airways to live another day versus liquidating. Forcing an airline into liquidation serves no useful purpose. Then when times improve employees should be rewarded for their sacrifice while living to fight another day.

Now is that time.

I continue to believe from personal discussions with JNC members that there will be new working agreement in the not-to-distant future." followed by "All along I have said there will not be a new pilot contract until about the time US Airways obtains its new operating certificate from the FAA."

ClueByFour comments: I guess "not-do-distant" is in the eye of the beholder (eg, whatever it takes to make one's prognostications come true) and you started to backpeddle from your posted timeline of early March.

On that date, you also wrote: "Nonetheless, I was recently told by a JNC member he thought a deal would be reached early spring"

ClueByFour asks: Which is it? In one day, you pretty much hedged your bets so that you could claim victory, so long as something happened by the time the certificates merged, but could also claim it for anytime in "the not-to-distant future" or "early spring."

Today, you wrote:

"In its March 31 update the ALPA JNC said, "Management says they will possess a single operating certificate and a combined seniority list in June. If management presents the JNC with a comprehensive proposal package, including compensation and other economics, as we expect them to do in mid-May, then you should be ready to re-double your efforts to demonstrate to management your resolve to complete nothing less than a fair contract that meets your needs and concerns."

ClueByFour comments: now you have a proposal coming out in mid-May.

Now, besides the fact that you were telling all of us how the Delta merger was going to happen (when I, and L4Pi, and a number of others correctly observed that it was "dead-on-arrival," let's see what you were predicting after a previous bout of "who called it first."

On 6/30/2006, you wrote:

"In my opinion, the leading candidate is Northwest for another corporate transaction although there are certainly more possibilities."

ClueByFour observes: "Oops."

Shall we continue? Who among us speaks untruths? Or, exactly when is either a TA or the combined pilot contract going to happen? I'd like you to put this one to bed, so that you can be held to a prediction that does not permit wiggle room (so that you don't feel compelled to do the "who was first" stuff).....

BTW--since the America West guys might just veer off the course (Section 6), the BOS and LGA ALPA reps who feed you the propaganda can't help you here. HTH. HAND.

In its March 31 update the ALPA JNC said, "Management says they will possess a single operating certificate and a combined seniority list in June. If management presents the JNC with a comprehensive proposal package, including compensation and other economics, as we expect them to do in mid-May, then you should be ready to re-double your efforts to demonstrate to management your resolve to complete nothing less than a fair contract that meets your needs and concerns."

[
Not to be rude or anything but if you look at where this thread first started, it was about PIT F/As, not ALPA. However, since you did not ask this F/As opinion, I will give it to you.

The company has a bottom line and it is money. Now that the certificates will be joined on 6/1 we are causing them to lose money by not being combined. Previously, after BK II and the merger , as separate entities we made money on our own. As a combined force, even with pay raises, we will be able to have a HUGE route structure, changing of metal w/ crews, the list goes on and on---- which equates to even more money. I have to agree with USA320Pilot.....until this time a separate operation benefitted the company....it will not be so as of 6/1 because of the greed factor of those in the sandcastle.

CAn we return to Sherry Shamblin's visit to PIT.

We've read USA320's "Information" oft times before and since its veracity speaks for itself why do we feel the urge to constantly interupt and get,
OFF TOPIC
Because just like you, there are some of us who will hold him accountable for his post, much like you want to hold Tempe accountable for their actions......

They are both cut from the same bolt of cloth.

CAn we return to Sherry Shamblin's visit to PIT.

We've read USA320's "Information" oft times before and since its veracity speaks for itself why do we feel the urge to constantly interupt and get,
OFF TOPIC
Very well said Piney ! Let's stay on topic. Good news for me. I actually will be at the last hour of the meeting tomorrow in PIT and have a list a mile long for Ms. Shamblin....first being---Where the he!! is Scott Kirby ?????????????

I know Doug doesn't like to travel much anymore because he can't drink in F/C and he starts to get the DTs.

Hello, and Happy Easter! It's always nice to hear that we get on with business inspite of the holiday. And, "inflation, doesn't take a vacation".
Sherry Shamblim. If I recall her husband was a supervisor when I started. She is a "Spitfire". But, alas, she will only Volley questions.
We, in Phoenix, Fleet, have actually acomplished getting Duggy! to show around the end of April. Scott showed and gave, Lip-Song! On, to Duggy!
Now! On to 5 television channels plus Ch.33 and the AZ. REPLUBLIC.
I must add this RALLY is not directly supported by IAM. But! They will be reimbursing our "Grass Root Effort".
Thursday, April 12, 3-6Pm. This is for any group. We are there together. HQ in Phoenix! Truth is. No management will accomplish their goals without the efforts of employees who are the BACKBONES! of this company.

To PIT F/As:

My opinion... PIT f/as, no matter where they are based, carry the "torch" for the rest of the f/as in being the most vociferous group in protecting their rights, work environment and contract in the airline.

And aggressively mouthing off at the CLT f/a's like WE had ANYTHING to DO with it!!! :angry: :angry: How about carrying that torch with alittle class? I had a f/a all over my asss because he knew I was from CLT!! I came very close to telling him to shut the f :censored: up! :down: :down:

I must add this RALLY is not directly supported by IAM. But! They will be reimbursing our "Grass Root Effort".
Thursday, April 12, 3-6Pm. This is for any group.
Ok---Once Again trying to get back to the subject at hand...a cost analysis was just passed on to me that makes a lot of sense....

Who made the decision to displace 140/90 f/a’s from CLT? Who ran those staffing models? What does it cost the company to keep PIT top heavy by the 40 they want to displace?

If we run the numbers for them, they have increased yearly payroll expenses by nearly $500,000 w/ displacing the highest paid out of PIT. HOW ???
In taking the highest paid PIT F/As on the payroll from a 73 hr pay guarantee to a monthly max of 90hrs. They're increasing their payroll by almost 20 hrs per f/a. In displacing 40, that’s nearly $1000 per f/a increase, $40,000/mo…almost half a million a year. Not to mention the paid moves for anyone that choses to move over the next 3 yrs.

If the comapny wants to save money, wouldn’t it be cheaper to recall than to disrupt the f/a’s lives in PIT ? These F/As obviously want to be there because they have had ample opportunity to move over the past 2 yrs---- at least twice a yr to transfer to PHL. In addition, there have been many chances to go to BOS/LGA. The people that are here want to stay. Until the joint contract is ratified, it is much more cost effective to leave them here.

And aggressively mouthing off at the CLT f/a's like WE had ANYTHING to DO with it!!! :angry: :angry: How about carrying that torch with alittle class? I had a f/a all over my asss because he knew I was from CLT!! I came very close to telling him to shut the f :censored: up! :down: :down:
LCC, I'm sorry that this happened to you. I did hear that CLT F/As were acting very smug about the fact that their displacement was rescinded and ours was not but that doesn't make a difference.
I will tell you from watching the webcast on the HUB....if CLT F/As had not taken the stand that they did then the displacement for their base would have gone through and we would not be meeting w/ Shamblin tomorrow. I applaud the CLT group for leading the way. Thank You CLT !

I see the north south hate torch is still being carried, doesn't surprise me because that will end only when the malcontented employees and the entire airline ends for good.

You people down south just lay down and why many companies are down there exploiting the passive peaceful God fearing southern employees. Companies avoid people who know how to make a stand for what‘s only right. Sociopath executives thrive in an environment of submissive drones.

I see the north south hate torch is still being carried, doesn't surprise me because that will end only when the malcontented employees and the entire airline ends for good.

You people down south just lay down and why many companies are down there exploiting the passive peaceful God fearing southern employees. Companies avoid people who know how to make a stand for what‘s only right. Sociopath executives thrive in an environment of submissive drones.

First of all, I have lived ALL OVER THE USA. I just live in CLT now. Secondly, this is NOT a north/south issue. This is about somehow putting blame on the CLT employeess who had NOTHING to do with what happens in PIT!! The CLT situation changed BECAUSE the CLT F/A's STOOD UP TO THE COMPANY!!!

Watch the webcast and get your facts straight before you open your uninformed big mouth!! IDIOT!!

If we run the numbers for them, they have increased yearly payroll expenses by nearly $500,000 w/ displacing the highest paid out of PIT. HOW ???
In taking the highest paid PIT F/As on the payroll from a 73 hr pay guarantee to a monthly max of 90hrs. They're increasing their payroll by almost 20 hrs per f/a. In displacing 40, that’s nearly $1000 per f/a increase, $40,000/mo…almost half a million a year. Not to mention the paid moves for anyone that choses to move over the next 3 yrs.

You need to run your numbers again. Your math doesn't compute.

There is at least 80 f/as too many in PIT. Those who get displaced are SENIOR to those in PHL, therefore they will be holding blocks...TIME already in the base (not new time in the base). The PIT rsvs are not flying, many of them flying 1 trip a month. There are some would-be-block holding f/as that choose rsv lines for the purpose of not flying. The company is quite aware of this. For the company to continue to pay rsv guarantee of 73 hours when most of the f/as actual flying time is half that amount is costing the company more. They've been paying this for quite a few years. PIT f/as knew that the company would get around to right-sizing the base in the near future. Most who knew, transferred already,or left on VFLRs, retirments, or resignations. Some have waited to the last second and now will be displaced.

PIT overage has nothing to do with seasonal flying. The lost time in the base is permanent.The company will not float PIT as it has in the past. Solution in PIT maybe to ask for leave of absences in 6 month increments. This will allow for retirements to take place over this year,being that PIT is still a very senior base. If there are enough folks who want to take these kinds of leaves which will cost the co. money anyway because these leaves contractually allow for vacation and sick accruals, will at least prevent many displacements and bumping issues across the system.

Other than that, the company can't allow the base to continue with a rsv factor of over 40%

You folks who attend this meeting need to understand the entire issue. Comparing PIT to CLTs is apples and oranges with regard to time in the base and rsv coverage. You should have a "plan" that will help solve the co. issues with shortages in some bases and the overage in PIT. If you don't go with a rational solution, you can have your "#### session" and that is all it will be perceived as.

You need to run your numbers again. Your math doesn't compute.

There is at least 80 f/as too many in PIT. Those who get displaced are SENIOR to those in PHL, therefore they will be holding blocks...TIME already in the base (not new time in the base). The PIT rsvs are not flying, many of them flying 1 trip a month.
Actually the average time per F/A in PIT recently (in the last 6 months) has been about 40 hours per month...we have been flying more since the last round of displacements. Believe it or not, there have been days when PIT has actually run out of RSVs due to VAC/TRN/SCK so no matter how much they say we are top heavy we have shortages too.

They say that other bases like CLT and PHL are in line w/ proper staffing and CLT will be overstaffed this summer then why are we being called to cover their trips all the time. Bottom line for me is that the last 3 displacements did not yield base balancing so why do they think this one will ?

We are trying to get a plan together but have had only 48 hours notice to do so. We don't want to go in and look like bumbling idiots whining for our base to stay staffed....tomorrows meeting will be interesting to say the least.

They've been paying this for quite a few years. PIT f/as knew that the company would get around to right-sizing the base in the near future. Most who knew, transferred already,or left on VFLRs, retirments, or resignations. Some have waited to the last second and now will be displaced.
The thing is, the copmany is still not "right-sizing" the base by this few displacements....if you're going to do it, do it right. Slow displacements out of PIT is like watching someone bleed to death. They've waited this long to right-size, why not wait a little longer than to "disrupt our lives" after all the "sacrifices" we've made -----which have been equal if not more so than those in CLT due to the fact that we are the more senior base by about 8-9 years .....