Some New Cba Thoughts

why should the little people on the bottom of the tattum pole be giving more cba rules etc when their cities such as srq pwm abe avp cle dtw all have been turned into the circus style mainline express. it is bad enough that our top pay is 13.01 an hr and now they want more from us----guess what they can do it without me and the others in the above mentioned cities after all the pilots can afford new homes and new cars! we are on govt approved food stamps andf welfare

EyeInTheSky said:
Chip, that has to be one of the most audacious posts I’ve ever seen. Telling professional airline mechanics that they should consider a job at the local Jiffy Lube is just obscene. What’s next? Telling the flight attendants they should apply at Dennys? It’s kind of like telling a professional airline pilot flying a plane with 20 less seats than your Airbus that they are only going to make $58,000 a year. Oh yeah, you already did that.
First;

You two posters dare call this man by his name and you will be slapped, I was because I called him Mr. C for Captain not even knowing C was his name! He seems to been very sensitive about his name for some reason, just like I am with mine, posting it all over the Internet.

He doesn't represent the majority of the pilots, just the MEC of the pilots who proclaim Bronner as Jesus. Which all I can say to that is. Jesus!

This particular pilot telling the mechanics what is in their best interest is really as a frightened little child afraid of what lies ahead if real men stand up to this manipulative and debased management that we have in place. This team was put it place for one reason only, and anyone who can't see that deserves to be swayed by people like the captain tries doing almost on a daily basis here.

There is absolutely no reason why one single soul should even consider talking to this management about opening their contracts. They crossed the line, ran over to the other side and spit in our face, and are asking to do it again, and this time for the complete massacre of the work force.

Posters like the captain are no different than this management, in fact he is their ally wanting us gone as much as management does.

I propose that not one single union member respond to any of his posts from this point forward, if we can do this the only ones responding will be one and the same.

Having short term memory loss A320 Driver. Let me refresh it for you.......

===================================================
QUOTE (A320 Driver @ Feb 23 2004, 10:57 AM)
I will not dictate terms to you and until you start paying my bills, don't you dare dictate them to me either.

I find the naysayer rhetoric by the same posters interesting. The U.S. airline industry is undergoing a fundamental restructuring and will likely never be the same. The driving force is that the LCC's have a better business model and can make money in this environment with a lower CASM and RASM.

For example, listed below are the Q4 unit costs excluding fuel for US Airways and its principal LCC competitors:

US Airways - 10.22
Southwest - 6.52
AirTran - 6.44
America West - 6.20
jetBlue - 5.00

The unit cost analysis is very telling.

There is nothing in either of my posts in this thread that is not accurate and a potential scenario. ALPA has firmly endorsed the concept to create the first-ever Network/LCC hybrid carrier, which appears will be done with or without employee support. By a stunning 12-0 vote the ALPA MEC unanimously (hardliners and moderates alike) passed a resolution directing the Negotiating Committee to begin participating in the creation of a plan to return US Airways to profitability. The Committee is authorized to obtain and utilize all resources that may be necessary to craft such a plan, including the employment of an operational expert or other outside professional(s) to assist the Committee, in addition to using the resources of the MEC’s investment banker, ALPA’s Economic and Financial Analysis Department, and other available in-house resources.

Moreover, following his meeting with ALPA David Bronner told the Charlotte Observer he stressed to pilots that the highest priority for US Airways is to become profitable, which would open a host of new opportunities. "I said `You've got to help me - you know where we're screwing up,'" Bronner said. "I want to win," he added. "I want them to win. I don't want us to be the steel industry (and) I don't expect them all to work for Wal-Mart salaries. But when we're in a crisis, when we're in the middle of the desert, we have to get to the other side."

Bronner indicated he won't put more money into US Airways now. "You never want to throw good money after bad ... to save something that's bleeding," he said. But if the airline turns profitable, it could invest in acquiring more assets.

Regardless, it appears the transformation is fully underway with the ALPA Negotiating Committee beginning discussions on the "Going Forward Plan" today.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot's post states that David Bronner told the Charlotte Observer """I don't expect them all to work for Wal-Mart salaries. """

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Which ones does he expect to be at Wal-Mart's salaries?

Just one more point...in regard to union contract items, the information I posted is currently contained in the CBA's. In regard to other mechanic opportunites, the information I posted was published in the USA Today and was obtained from Bureau of Labor statistics.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot,

"create the first-ever Network/LCC hybrid carrier"

Reportedly, the company wants CASM of 6 cents for the LCC protion and 8 cents for the network portion. The problem is that we cannot get there from here without significant concessions from all employee groups. If everyone adopted a "best in the industry" express contract - meaning high 5 figure pilots - we just might be able to do it. Otherwise, we're just spinning our wheels but getting nowhere.

Until someone can show the numbers that says otherwise, I remain unconvinced. Saying "You're wrong" will not make this pipe-dream come true.

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
Just one more point...in regard to union contract items, the information I posted is currently contained in the CBA's. In regard to other mechanic opportunites, the information I posted was published in the USA Today and was obtained from Bureau of Labor statistics.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
kind of a little bizzare and off center if i may say so.i find it interesting someone actually lets you take charge of an aircraft....tsa clear you for a roscoe?
don't hold your breath waiting for mechanic and related help....by the way...there is a meeting thursday,or was...tell me IAM's robert roach attending??IAM paving the way??
ME TOO
ME TOO
ME TOO

you bring to mind some famous pilots of yesteryear.....have a nice day saving the airline.

USA320Pilot,

I'm sure the slides were very pretty. I prefer to go "to the horse's mouth" so to speak. Look at the DOC of the various airplanes. Factor in the age/seniority of our employees and the cost/inefficiencies of our facilities.

You can do the LCC by taking Boeings/Airbuses from mainline and make it work - but mainline costs go up. You can do the network, but then can't use the Boeings/Airbuses for the LCC and it's costs go up. Or we can all work for express wages and benefits.

I'm sure the presentation sounded good - just like the POR when it was presented to the BK court. This has little more chance of succeeding than that did - unless you're happy with 5-figure captains.

Jim

I have witnessed something I never thought possible. Someone sunk to new lows here on this forum. That person is completely transparent, and I am being extremely kind. Isn't it a shame that the author of this so called advice did not publish the purported guidance in a newspaper article so that every employee of a certain airline could read and absorb the true intent for themselves? That fallout would have been interesting, to say the very least.

Reading your post gives a whole new meaning to the word condescend, USA. In other words, all the great unwashed masses should heed your words, for they have neither the intellect nor the good sense to realize anything without your interpretational and inspirational words. Sheesh.

Absolutely Pathetic.

TheLarkAscending said:
I have witnesses something I never thought possible. Someone sunk to new all time lows here on this forum. That person is completely transparent, and I am being kind. Isn't it a shame that this advice wasn't published in a newspaper so that every employee of a certain airline could read this for themselves? That fallout would have been interesting, to say the very least.
i think he had an article published in the 'charlotte observer' shortly before alpa hung him out to dry. :shock:

USA320Pilot said:
For the CWA and IAM-FSA represented employees, I believe there will be some additional changes not yet permitted by their contract, but much of their changes can be implemented with the MDA, Mainline/Express, and new city contractor agreements.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Company-speak for "no more mainline station agents."

USA320Pilot said:
BoeingBoy:

Go get a copy of the power point presentation provided to ALPA for more insight.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Chip,

Two quotes jump immediately to mind on reading your posts, both courtesy of a disgraced former Vice President; nattering nabob of negativism, and effete snob.

It's difficult enough for one group of employees to pick their way through the minefield that is the current state of affairs of the airline industry while trying to decide what course is best for them. Your advice is, apparently, neither asked for nor appreciated by most here. That having been said, PowerPoint presentations are a slick way of packaging sloppy data so that it looks believable. Many PowerPoint presentations aren't worth the electrons wasted on them. PowerPoint is, however, a great soporific, very useful in staving off alertness.