US IAM Fleet Service labor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the hell is they...and what AGC thought the policy was ok?

This whole situation is because of past representation and if you can't see that than UR ignorant. Agreements were signed behind closed doors and notes were not allowed during negotiations. We have now what we didn't know then, but, we won't have this in the future if we have confidence in the New Direction.
It's always harder to undo the injustice but I for one have confidence...........It will come.......

The international AGC's.

700- They found the attendance policy to be okay since the company said they will look at every situation individually.

The rep I talked to didn't agree since he thought the point system was too tough.. For example, one minute late is .5 and not .25 or something. Plus there is no reward for good behavior.

I happen to agree with him on this.

Because they were so hesitant to do anything at the time, nobody who is fired will get a chance to come back and work for the company because they were so agreeable with the new policy.

You guys can attack me, but we all know that you would be outraged if there was a target on your hub and the company was outright firing people, instead of doing the right thing and giving voluntary layoffs. Don't let your high seniority cloud your judgment of what's really happening.

Oh, and 700, don't worry. I'm getting a very solid education, but it involves something a bit deeper than being a bag thrower for the rest of my life, and a messageboard Ph.D. This job is CLEARLY leading people nowhere.

The international AGC's.

700- They found the attendance policy to be okay since the company said they will look at every situation individually.

The rep I talked to didn't agree since he thought the point system was too tough.. For example, one minute late is .5 and not .25 or something. Plus there is no reward for good behavior.

I happen to agree with him on this.

Because they were so hesitant to do anything at the time, nobody who is fired will get a chance to come back and work for the company because they were so agreeable with the new policy.

You guys can attack me, but we all know that you would be outraged if there was a target on your hub and the company was outright firing people, instead of doing the right thing and giving voluntary layoffs. Don't let your high seniority cloud your judgment of what's really happening.

Oh, and 700, don't worry. I'm getting a very solid education, but it involves something a bit deeper than being a bag thrower for the rest of my life, and a messageboard Ph.D. This job is CLEARLY leading people nowhere.
Chill,

However, there is a "reward for good behavior"... the points fall off after a year. So show-up on time (that's the good behavior) and the point total declines over time. I am not sure what other "good behavior" that would not fall into accusations of favoritism for which can be easily and readily measureable, thus agreed upon by both labor and management.

Not to say that I agree with the policy, in particular, the retroactive aspect when a policy was not in place but the points are carried forward and held against an employee. Frankly, I find it disturbing that our brain trust of leadership permitted management to create its own absentee policy for which was absent within the CBA. Is this not one of the arguments in favor of a labor union? Namely, the ability of a collective to pool their dues to have expert advisors and consultants provide employees professional services as it relates to their work at a reasonable cost? I consider this to be a huge failure, and I'll say it again, when we promote uneducated, poorly trained good ole boys to the Executive Board, do not be surprised by the less than stellar outcomes. It is the Peter Principle on steroids leaping over a few levels at which their advancement should have terminated.

You are a smart man for working on your education instead of hoping that a gang of suited posers might not lead you over the edge of financial demise until you are old enough to retire.

So Advances Jester.

Thanks Jest.

But if we are on, say, a level two, aren't we STUCK there regardless of how many points could fall off?

I guess it doesn't really matter, since there is no reward, such as a half a point falling off in 90 days.

That's a little more lenient, and we aren't at the mercy of the managements judgment when it comes time. You're right, one member of management may have a vendetta against an employee for looking at them cross-eyed. I know of a sup here in PHX who is pretty gung-ho about his job, and very authoritarian.

Hey Chill,

The international doesnt have AGCs, they have GLRs, the district lodge is the one in charge of maintaining and enforcing the CBA, not the International.

I know of a sup here in PHX who is pretty gung-ho about his job, and very authoritarian.

N2 AM what?

I see N2 PM has a cocky young pup making the rounds, working on his own demise. It's obvious he's in way over his head.

ZX AM: The Black Widow is running the ROC now that the staff manager software has taken most of the challenge out of it. It's funny to me how tell-tale this is of how things work in PHX: drop in one unpopular and ineffective manager and lose some of your more talented and experienced dispatchers/runners, given that there are a number of individuals that won't work the ROC when that person is in there...

Say, I like this game.

Got it, man. Thanks.

Remember, what I said came from one of our union guys out west here, this isn't my opinion.

The part that burns me, is that the AGC's were okay with the company putting that policy into place. I don't know how they could have let it happen when it, supposedly, violates our contract.

According to the union rep I talked to, there was some part of the contract that allowed the company to do such a thing. Ill try to look for it and post it so anyone who is interested can discuss.
Hey Chill, the part of the contract that the rep is probably talking about is Art. 3 paragraph F. I personaly think it will be a tough fight. But I can tell you for sure that your Union guys werent for this new policy. However that article is pretty tough to overcome. The only choice the union has is to fight it the proper way, and that is to file grievances and go to arbitration. Win or lose the battle I know the Union is fighting it. And the answer to the points falling off, the points fall off after a rolling 12mo. period. Whatever level your on, come off, 12 months from the day you were put on the level. Hope this helps.

Hey Chill, the part of the contract that the rep is probably talking about is Art. 3 paragraph F. I personaly think it will be a tough fight. But I can tell you for sure that your Union guys werent for this new policy. However that article is pretty tough to overcome. The only choice the union has is to fight it the proper way, and that is to file grievances and go to arbitration. Win or lose the battle I know the Union is fighting it. And the answer to the points falling off, the points fall off after a rolling 12mo. period. Whatever level your on, come off, 12 months from the day you were put on the level. Hope this helps.

Yeah, thanks for your response CB. I'm clear on the 12 month deal, and I'll peruse that Article, I appreciate you looking into that.

700, I'll talk to this guy, again, and ask for clarification about that, and I'll bring up what you said. He did mention that he has disagreements with the union, perhaps his ideals aren't in line with the rest of the union.

I go to www.iam141.org, but I can't find anything about any of our grievances or other procedures happening around the system. Does anybody know of any good websites to find this info? That would be greatly appreciated!

I've changed my mind about the hand scanners ... i LOVE them , and i think we need to use them at every station and on every single flight ...

I've changed my mind about the hand scanners ... i LOVE them , and i think we need to use them at every station and on every single flight ...

well that pretty much confirms what I thought all along,they are pieces of junk

they may have been worthwhile if the company that built them had did the software,rather than the clueless IT dolts in Tempe

You clearly spend most of your time in the bag room, unless you're expressing how much you enjoy scanners as paperweights or conversation pieces. I love to complain about them as well, but I really do very much dislike them.

On EVERY single bag!! :lol:

We are better off using the clickers boat captains use to count the souls on board.

Freedom,

From a ramper's perspective what's to love about the hand scanners? I see absolutely no upside to assisting fleet service in accomplishing its assignments.

The hand scanners slow down the upload and the download. They delay both locals and connections getting to their respective deliveries. They place a greater strain on rampers who need to scan a bag with one hand and stack with the other hand or force the guy in the bin to just kick the bag out the bin door during the download. The runner needs to wait until a (working) scanner becomes available during the download. And it requires another agent in order just to avoid the aforementioned issues, who probably won't be staffed, per management.

And after all this scanning, you hope the machine doesn't take a dump with all the data losing what you just spent 10 minutes trying to accomplish meanwhile we are on a clock to get bags delivered and planes turned. So due to technical problems even then I wouldn't trust the bag count and it would still be prudent to do a physical count.

So Evaluates Jester.

According to the union rep I talked to, there was some part of the contract that allowed the company to do such a thing. Ill try to look for it and post it so anyone who is interested can discuss.
(management rights clause) reserves to the Company “the right to establish rules and regulations.â€￾

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back