US IAM Fleet Service topic 2/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they issue ESON's in CLT? They're usually issued for the stupidest crap...

At our station, managers will stand at a turn and just wait for you to so much as sneeze without covering your mouth. They will also hide behind carts and corners and write up anything they see. We find that this motivates us in a positive way and morale is on a positive upswing. <_<

All this stuff going on ie the point system, writeups, new stupid rules is by design guys. It all goes back to the statement of Doug Parker "We dont need a ramp with 20 years experience, indeed we shouldn't." US would love nothing better than to have high turnover employee rate and keep bringing people in here at $9 an hour.

Question :
I have a friend that had 24yrs. with the
company and resigned (forced). They had intent
to fire him but asked for his resignation instead.
Now the question is, he had 800 hours of sick time
on the books and is 50 years old. That adds up to
a 74 point total for retirement (50, age and 24, service).
Is he entitled to any of that sick time even if its' at
a reduced rate ? He is being told no but I remember a
gentleman retireing with a similar situation and he
got 50% pay for unused sick time.

Only if you know the answer please let me know and
I will pass it on to him. Also who should he contact ?
He worked in PHL.

Thanks

bob

All this stuff going on ie the point system, writeups, new stupid rules is by design guys. It all goes back to the statement of Doug Parker "We dont need a ramp with 20 years experience, indeed we shouldn't." US would love nothing better than to have high turnover employee rate and keep bringing people in here at $9 an hour.
Maybe they should relook at the Hudson incident..I would rather have a 25 year vet than a bunch of thugs on tugs working around the aircraft. Experience!!

Question :
I have a friend that had 24yrs. with the
company and resigned (forced). They had intent
to fire him but asked for his resignation instead.
Now the question is, he had 800 hours of sick time
on the books and is 50 years old. That adds up to
a 74 point total for retirement (50, age and 24, service).
Is he entitled to any of that sick time even if its' at
a reduced rate ? He is being told no but I remember a
gentleman retireing with a similar situation and he
got 50% pay for unused sick time.

Only if you know the answer please let me know and
I will pass it on to him. Also who should he contact ?
He worked in PHL.

Thanks

bob

Bob,
It's my understanding at US that if you resign, you resign! There is no
age + years of service = retirement (for Fleet Service). You have to be
retirement age to retire and excercise the 50% unused sick time, but
of course your AGC in PHL (F. O'D) should know that now, shouldn't he.
Oh, BTW F.O'D is the person you should contact for help...if you can
find him.

I just heard that US does have a "65" point plan but it isn't a retirement plan
(if you're not retirment age). If you have the age and years of service
that = 65 you can "resign" and retain your flight benefits but that does
NOT include the benefit of the"sick leave half pay".
You are still resigning from the Co.

I just heard that US does have a "65" point plan but it isn't a retirement plan
(if you're not retirment age). If you have the age and years of service
that = 65 you can "resign" and retain your flight benefits but that does
NOT include the benefit of the"sick leave half pay".
You are still resigning from the Co.

I know this answer, but just to show everyone else why United people shouldn't be answering US questions, why don't you quote everyone the part of the contract that applies to the benefit of "sick leave at half pay."

acadietimer.gif

I know this answer, but just to show everyone else why United people shouldn't be answering US questions, why don't you quote everyone the part of the contract that applies to the benefit of "sick leave at half pay."
Remember Tales we're talking about retirees selling back sick pay and not everyday sick use! Having said that, you are right, I was incorrect about the "half pay" if you will notice below according to your contract and pay scale, and I'm assuming your retirees are topped out, the rate you get by selling back sick leave isn't even "half pay"!

Attachment B
Retiree Medical
IAM Fleet

Pre-65 US Airways Employees who retire post 3/1/05

1) Retired employees may apply thirty three (33) accrued sick
pay hours per month up to a maximum of 1200 hours, valued
at $11.26/hour, to your pre-65 medical premium.

2) In lieu of #1 above, employees may receive a one-time cash
payment in the amount equal to $9.20 , times the number of
accrued sick leave hours in their sick bank up to a maximum
of 1200 hours.

A question about those who transfer to mainline cities
IF an agent transfer to a mainline city from a city that had been mainline, then mainline express then back to mainline then outsourced, is there a ground to grieve it to get the pay back? I have been under the impression that we fall under the 60 day rule but that is eliminated. I heard about this a few nights ago from a friend of mine in DCA. If this is a grievance ground then how do I go about grieving it to get some pay back if it is possible? What do I have to do?

A side note: IS it a union requirement for all ramp agents to get a hearing test done? At my city they are forcing all of us ramp agents to get a hearing test done Mon Tue and Wed and we have been told it is a UNION REQUIREMENT yet on the hearing packet it says OSHA REQUIREMENT

A question about those who transfer to mainline cities
IF an agent transfer to a mainline city from a city that had been mainline, then mainline express then back to mainline then outsourced, is there a ground to grieve it to get the pay back? I have been under the impression that we fall under the 60 day rule but that is eliminated. I heard about this a few nights ago from a friend of mine in DCA. If this is a grievance ground then how do I go about grieving it to get some pay back if it is possible? What do I have to do?

A side note: IS it a union requirement for all ramp agents to get a hearing test done? At my city they are forcing all of us ramp agents to get a hearing test done Mon Tue and Wed and we have been told it is a UNION REQUIREMENT yet on the hearing packet it says OSHA REQUIREMENT
Go to iam141.org and look at district officers to see their info and call your AGC to clarify and get an answer.

Remember Tales we're talking about retirees selling back sick pay and not everyday sick use! Having said that, you are right, I was incorrect about the "half pay" if you will notice below according to your contract and pay scale, and I'm assuming your retirees are topped out, the rate you get by selling back sick leave isn't even "half pay"!

You forgot to include that you will give up rights to retirement health care. Considering the cost of outside health insurance, the partial payout is insane.

Got to have the whole picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts