US IAM Fleet Service topic 2/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot to include that you will give up rights to retirement health care. Considering the cost of outside health insurance, the partial payout is insane.

Got to have the whole picture!
Or... in some ahh these ol' boy's case the... "Whole Pitcher"!!

Industry Standard Update

Southwest Airlines agreed to a tentative agreement with its rampers on 2-25-09. It continues to raise the standards in this industry. American Airlines is in federal talks and may be close to a cooling off period for many of its workgroups. United Airlines ramp/ticket agents are going into talks next month. Continental boosted the pay of its rampers by 2.5% last month [about $21hr] and also announced that it will unfreeze the 401k match of 3%.
At any rate, all rampers across the industry keep moving up, here is the cheet sheet for what the SWA rampers are going to be voting on.

wages:
• 3% each year for pay steps 1-10.
• 3% for step 11 the first year, 2.5% the second year, and 2.5 % the third year.
• Retroactive pay from July 1, 2008 until ratification date.
Curent wages will then be $24.72 base. July 1, 2009 it will be $25.34, July 1, 2010 it will be $25.97

Medical
• Improvements on retiree health care benefits which lowered sick leave accrual
requirements for age 55, and eliminated the sick leave accrual requirment at age
•Lowered the number of sick leave hours needed for a month of coverage
•At age 60 Members may choose any Benefits Plus Plan; at age 55 it is Plan C.

attendance
• language added to allow a doctor's note to be deemed acceptable if the doctor's office is closed (like on a weekend) , or there is a scheduling problem in the doctor's office
•Steps of progressive discipline will include a letter of instruction

duration
• 3 year contract beginning on July 1, 2008 and amendable on July 1, 2011.

retirement
• 401K match increased to 8.3% from 7.3%.

overtime
•Mandatory overtime will be paid at the double time rate

status of agreement
•Improved language to protect members in the event of mergers, purchases or acquisitions

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Industry Standard Update

Southwest Airlines agreed to a tentative agreement with its rampers on 2-25-09. It continues to raise the standards in this industry. American Airlines is in federal talks and may be close to a cooling off period for many of its workgroups. United Airlines ramp/ticket agents are going into talks next month. Continental boosted the pay of its rampers by 2.5% last month [about $21hr] and also announced that it will unfreeze the 401k match of 3%.
At any rate, all rampers across the industry keep moving up, here is the cheet sheet for what the SWA rampers are going to be voting on.

wages:
• 3% each year for pay steps 1-10.
• 3% for step 11 the first year, 2.5% the second year, and 2.5 % the third year.
• Retroactive pay from July 1, 2008 until ratification date.
Curent wages will then be $24.72 base. July 1, 2009 it will be $25.34, July 1, 2010 it will be $25.97

Medical
• Improvements on retiree health care benefits which lowered sick leave accrual
requirements for age 55, and eliminated the sick leave accrual requirment at age
•Lowered the number of sick leave hours needed for a month of coverage
•At age 60 Members may choose any Benefits Plus Plan; at age 55 it is Plan C.

attendance
• language added to allow a doctor's note to be deemed acceptable if the doctor's office is closed (like on a weekend) , or there is a scheduling problem in the doctor's office
•Steps of progressive discipline will include a letter of instruction

duration
• 3 year contract beginning on July 1, 2008 and amendable on July 1, 2011.

retirement
• 401K match increased to 8.3% from 7.3%.

overtime
•Mandatory overtime will be paid at the double time rate

status of agreement
•Improved language to protect members in the event of mergers, purchases or acquisitions

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

ONCE AGAIN,,,CONGRATULATIONS TO RANDY CANALE AND AL HEMENWAY FOR THE
GREAT CONTRACT. BTW does anyone have the scoop on the release of MS?

havent heard anything about MHT being contracted out Can the outfit do that legally with them being mainline? Also Roadtrip you got a pm

WHAT'S THIS I HEAR ABOUT ADVANCED VTO BEING DONE AWAY WITH BY OUR UNION ?

WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS?

I think it was pre-auto bagfather.

I was telling people all along, voting for this #### contract would change things drastically, ESPECIALLY, the trades.

It happened in customer service when I was working there, as well.

Guess we should read the fine print next time huh?

VTO is the biggest waste. You are showing the company that less people are needed. !

well first of all i don't have deadlocks and secondly this comany knows how many people it needs and doesnt' need ...

While you may think VTO is a huge waste , in talking to some of my fellow workers they have expressed dismay at the fact that where they could call or sign up a night or day before a shift in order to get rid of it , that can no longer be done ....

So say you have to work tomorrow but there's an emergency and now you can't make it to work , before you could call and get signed up for VTO for the next day ... now you can't .... now you have to take a sick day giving you a point ...

and as to your point clt rat about things getting cut ...eh when the ax falls the ax falls , you already know my econmic views ... nothing scares me now ...

Yes I'm upset aswell about the VTO being gone. I dont know if it's just a temporary thing or permanent because in years past it dissapears at times? That combined with the reduction of drops/trades is really making it hard to plan out my monthly schedule.

I have heard also that the union in phx was totally supportive in removing the vto..this is BS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts