US Pilots Labor Discussion 10/13-- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your passenger service HP agents had the worst pay and work rules in the industry

Well, I'm not exactly what that has to do with the price of tea in China......here's some simple math for you:

As you know, ALPA was very close to finishing up a contract when the Nic came out in May 2007. It is very likely that we would have had a contract to ratify by Summer of 2007 (that is IF the AAA NC hadn't walked out on joint negotiations). The proposed ALPA rate for a A330 Captain was $210/hour. LOA93 rate is $160,

Using a contract ratification date of 9/1/2007, you can take the difference ($50/hour) and used 80 hours a month to calculate the amount of money given up by a A330 Captain scheduled to retire in 2017. You then add the 10% 401(k) match. Then you calculate the future value of money (how much the money would be worth in 2017) assuming a conservative 6% rate of return. The total amount of additional career earnings given up by this pilot, if the East remained on LOA93 until 2017, was $778,000.

Also keep in mind the extra vacation time, improved sick time, 100% for deadhead & mechanicals, improvements of LTD & STD, and other quality of life contract improvements.

WOW. Oh wait. Nevermind, there are not any A330 Captains that post here (let alone read here). Disregard.

Well, I'm not exactly what that has to do with the price of tea in China......here's some simple math for you:

As you know, ALPA was very close to finishing up a contract when the Nic came out in May 2007. It is very likely that we would have had a contract to ratify by Summer of 2007 (that is IF the AAA NC hadn't walked out on joint negotiations). The proposed ALPA rate for a A330 Captain was $210/hour. LOA93 rate is $160,

Using a contract ratification date of 9/1/2007, you can take the difference ($50/hour) and used 80 hours a month to calculate the amount of money given up by a A330 Captain scheduled to retire in 2017. You then add the 10% 401(k) match. Then you calculate the future value of money (how much the money would be worth in 2017) assuming a conservative 6% rate of return. The total amount of additional career earnings given up by this pilot, if the East remained on LOA93 until 2017, was $778,000.

Also keep in mind the extra vacation time, improved sick time, 100% for deadhead & mechanicals, improvements of LTD & STD, and other quality of life contract improvements.

WOW. Oh wait. Nevermind, there are not any A330 Captains that post here (let alone read here). Disregard.

What you are leaving out is that the Kirby Proposal offered $176 per hour (183 after 5 years) on the 330 and $146 per hour (151 after five years) on the 320

CLT crew news is worth the time to watch Parker putting the slap down on USAPA. To summarize: you are not getting raises for a long time and they will be no where near what other majors make. USAPA just sits and blinks :blink: lol

CLT crew news is worth the time to watch Parker putting the slap down on USAPA. To summarize: you are not getting raises for a long time and they will be no where near what other majors make. USAPA just sits and blinks :blink: lol

"Oh please please PLEASE give us a damn seniority list. We want to pay you another 100+ million a year. Help us, PLEASE?"

Crocodile tears...

<_<

"Oh please please PLEASE give us a damn seniority list. We want to pay you another 100+ million a year. Help us, PLEASE?"

Crocodile tears...

<_<
Then pass a list and see what happens. Call his bluff usapa. If you guys think he is delaying than force the issue.

Let's see just what kind of hard ball usapa can play. So far all I have seen is wiffle ball.

Then pass a list and see what happens. Call his bluff usapa. If you guys think he is delaying than force the issue.

Let's see just what kind of hard ball usapa can play. So far all I have seen is wiffle ball.

Hasn't the legally elected bargaining agent for US Airways pilots passed a seniority list to the company? I wonder why no one called him on this.

Here's and idea. Have AOL tell the company they won't sue them, just USAPA, get a contract that has a DOH list then sue for the unquestionably ripe DFR. What are you guys afraid of?

OMG, you can't possibly believe that!!!!!!! There are only 2 reasons this company would settle a contract. 1. They sold the outfit or bought somebody and they need this settled to make it happen or 2. The LOA 93 grievance went the way of the East pilots (I don't see that either, but you never know).

Aside from this, there is no amount of "good will" in the hearts of upper management that will cause them to sign on to even an industry standard contract. I think they filed that suit because USAPA took the 9th ruling as gospel and was cranking up the pressure for getting a contract. Suit is filed and contract is toast for the time being.

Am I the only one that sees it like this?

Driver B)

I second that, too!

As you should be aware, airline contracts dont expire, LOA 93 is part of the CBA, they become amendable. And it didnt come from HP US' Pilots havent met a concession they didnt like, I guess you dont remember all the non-union employees lost in 1992 when the pilots took concessions.

This is incorrect. Under RLA, contracts do not expire but become amendable. LOAs can and DO expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back