What is A la Carte?

I feel something like contempt or sadness or both for the AFA , you’ve had so long to get something , anything done , and your leaders have failed you …. But I guess part of that blame is also on the membership ..

You SHOULD have taken those actions necessary to secure what you were going after when the times were appropriate , but now ? …. Now nothing ….

I’m not scared beach boy , I can see a bluff a mile away …

Oh our poor FA’s … some of you are trapped in lousy working conditions ! alas , who knows what will happen to you now .. your sense of hopelessness is real … that much I can believe .

Save your pity for those who care or are just plain desperate. Bluff Naaah, drink on me if things go south ok? It's not the end of the world. A very sad day at the morally corrupt leadership inside Tempe and the downward spiral of a once great airline. They just don't ever learn. But then again they never had a clue. peace.

Is this Freedom dude for real? You all should just ignore him because he doesn't get it, never will get it, and gets enjoyment out of stirring the pot. The more you try to argue with him the more he will keep saying stupid things that just p!ss everybody off. Let's not pay him any attention.

I feel something like contempt or sadness or both for the AFA , you’ve had so long to get something , anything done , and your leaders have failed you …. But I guess part of that blame is also on the membership ..

AFA has been worthless for some time. Has anyone asked how much money has been spent trying to court Delta FAs- what, three times? Has to be millions of dollars. ( I would guess about 2-8 million per shot.) And their time spent on Delta is also YOUR money spent on someone other than you.

This might just be a total meltdown. Can you imagine the sick calls in Aug-Sept when people just can't deal anymore with the abuse? Don't underestimate the Flight Attendant group and I have this gut feel this whole idea is going to blow right up in Doug Parkers face. If he wants to walk down this road there is no turning back.
It's going to be a barn burner for sure because you have a workforce that is so over the stupidity they are ready to light the match!

I will laugh as the meltdown occurs too since I will be one of those who will be calling in sick. I always get sick around August-September anyway *cough*...it happens every year. Hmmm. I must have really bad allergies. ;) As for the flight attendants, they are an angry bunch that I wouldn't want to cross. DoUgIe and Scooter have no idea what they are in for.

Hula you are right! AFA has been worthless. But then again, look who people vote in. Oh wait? How many voted?

Some people obviously don't realize how the F/A group has treated throughout this merger. The company doesn't want to pay us, heck they don't even want to give us a contract. We've been working with concessionary contracts since the merger. The west was in negotiations when the merger happened. They only come to the table with the worse of the two contracts and expect us to give in.

We spend the most time with the passengers, yet we are treated with disrespect. Hey, just have the flight attendants sell more stuff and be responsible for carrying that money around on their overnights, but oh, lets not give them their pay back that they gave up to save the company.

We, as a group are sick and tired of being pushed around. Heck, it forced me to leave the company. The bottom line is that we need to stick together and stop being pushed around. It is just going to make the passenger get mad at us for something we have no control over.

I never thought I'd say it but I'm behind that letter from MF 1000%. Enough is enough and I think if this gets serious enough you WILL see the majority of f/a's REFUSE. If the company wants to draw the line in the sand so be it. I have said that we were not sales people from the times of screwing with us and those damn Coldstone Creamery coupons. I'm DONE! ! ! ! Rally on folks.....rally on. :up:

Check and Mate! Your move Doug. Choose very carefully or you will secure your place in the airline CEO looser hall of fame! ;)

Ya wanna know what would happen if us collapsed and we all found ourselves out on the street? We'd wake up the next day and we'd get up...dust our knees off and make it work. I'm SICK and TIRED of the threats. I'm tired of the worrying and doom and gloom. I seriously don't give a rats @$$. Nothing is thrown our way that we can't handle. It may be rough, tight on cash and overall miserable but YOU LIVE. Go F your soda sales...mmmm kkkkkkkk! ! ! !.................was that harsh? :blink: :lol:

Oh! This is like a pressure cooker! Ever wonder what happens when you open the lid at the wrong time? :eek:

Notice the similarity to the Unions message and the Dems in Congress reguarding drilling for Oil in the US? We can't drill for oil becuase "it won't really make much of a difference" we would sell sodas but we won't becuase "It is a drop in the bucket". The exact same talking points

Honest to God....re REALLY do not get it do you???

Are you part of the Sand Flea infestation at The Sand Castle? (aka "Senior Management?")

How on EARTH do you honestly believe, with this company's product, positioning and pricing...how on EARTH do you think this will work and pax will buy into this and accept it.

Answer me one question barbie....you are a passenger...a US1...or even a US2/US3/US4/US5....and you just paid $1,000 for your PHL-CLT ticket....and you are thirsty....and the F/A says, "that will be $2.00 please, and we appreciate correct change" when you want a soda or water/

HOW ON EARTH DO YOU THINK THAT WILL FLY??? AND NOT ABSOLUTELY PI$$ OFF EVEN MORE HIGH YIELD, VFF TRAVELERS?

PLEASE tell me you are part of the Sand Flea infestation at The Sand Castle...so I can rest, knowing there isn't actually a part of the rank and file that thinks this will work.

Admit you are part of the Sand Flea infestation at The Sand Castle....and I promise never to ask, "do you get this?" again.

I'm still trying to get past Ms. Shambles having the audacity to compare us and what we do to "movie concessionaires" . Someone needs to b***h slap that lady. I'm so sick of her and the hair brained ideas she supports. All that horse back riding in the Phoenix heat has clearly fried her brain.

I know how to solve the soda sales problem. Give the FA's a reason to sell it. Maybe US could give the FA's $1 for every can of soda they sell. Then it could be just like the BOA program...

"At US Airways, we all know how thirsty you are when you fly, not to mention how delicious Coke tastes at 35,000 feet. You know you want some. In a few minutes, we'll be passing through the cabin with some ice cold soft drinks for only $2 dollars, yes, only $2. We also are the only airline to feature the delicious Mother Parker's coffee. If you love coffee, you'll love Mother Parkers. Please give it a try, for only $2. As always, it's only the best for you at US Airways, thank you for flying with US".

While I know this post will create all kind of attacks (which I probably won't read anyway), I have to say that a lot of us in CLT are looking forward to charging for sodas. I for one am tired of people ordering 3 drinks at one time. ( I doubt they will pay $6) I'm tired of throwing away half full glasses of water or coffee just because they took it on the service even though they didn't want it. A lot of waste will stop. Yes, I feel for the business man who pays a lot but I'm tired of our greedy society both on and off the plane. It is the reason I stay away from all inclusive or all you can eat places.

Latest posts