Attitude = Reality

Jet Tech, welcome aboard and your comments have been right on target, I for one thank you.

Jet Tech, PTO, Czar where is everyone? I am in DTW hangers 1st shift. In all my years I never made it to Dothan, honestly never heard very good things about Dothan, but Jet Techs comments are intelligent and incisive and very impressive, as are Czar and PTO's. Well, off to work. PM me and let me know where you guys are would like to meet some of you sometime.

"ATTENTION ALL SCABS"

You know,I'd be fooling myself, if I said that NWA has'nt had some success with their SCAB program, up to this point.

With that said,AS NWA keeps "churning out" you "Bottom feeders", from their Giant "Petri dishes", and starts coming up with plans like "Ground Company", and "Newco", the CLOSER they come to a STRIKE, which would TOTALLY ERADICATE this growing cancerous tumor(YOU), which, believe it or not, would be (ultimately) PREFERABLE to the majority of the NON SCABS.

I'm sure you CLOWNS have considered THAT scenario ??

NH/BB's

To the guy telling me about the great benefits. No pension, a few sick days, and four weeks vacation after 25 years aren't good benefits. And small shops aside, the electricians around here belong to a local with 5,000 members. They are hired out of a hall and are not held hostage by seniority.

You know,I'd be fooling myself, if I said that NWA has'nt had some success with their SCAB program, up to this point.

Bears, I know you and I don't agree on what's happening, but have you ever thought for a moment that perhaps things won't be any worse for the mechanics now that NWA been able to outsource everything except line maintenance at the hubs?

It's pretty clear to me that they're not taking the US Air "death by a thousand cuts" approach by taking a little bit at a time, and instead opted to take everything at once.

So, if NWA management has everything they wanted from the mechanic workgroup, what do they stand to achieve by taking the hypothetical steps you're suggesting?

It's pretty clear to me that they're not taking the US Air "death by a thousand cuts" approach by taking a little bit at a time, and instead opted to take everything at once.

Yes, and I'm quite sure the mechanics/pilots/FAs/etc etc at both USAirways and United thought each time the company came to them for cuts was the last time.

Bears, I know you and I don't agree on what's happening, but have you ever thought for a moment that perhaps things won't be any worse for the mechanics now that NWA been able to outsource everything except line maintenance at the hubs?

So, if NWA management has everything they wanted from the mechanic workgroup, what do they stand to achieve by taking the hypothetical steps you're suggesting?

========================================================

"E",

Not sure if this answers your question or not.

As far as NW is concerned, lets agree that the AMT's/AMFA was the "test case".

(FORGET the IAM, those BASTARDS are about as useless as the TWU.)

So we're left with the Pilots and F/A's.

Both groups have tried to work with NW, to one degree or another. IF I was ALPA, or PFAA, I'd tell NW IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, that "everything" is up for negotiation,Including the possibility of starting their own regional carrier(like AE) WITH THE LONE EXCEPTION OF BREAKING OUR CONTRACTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knowing AA like we do, junior pilots can flow thru to AE, when times are tough, as opposed to furlough.

BUT NO, not NW. There "Mind set" is to RAPE their employees "SIX ways to Sunday" !!!

C'mon. Some of the #### NW wants to pull off, is incredible.(Foreign F/A's flying US domestic trips etc).

NW, NEEDS TO KNOW, on NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, that there IS a point that the employees will "SHUT IT DOWN FOR GOOD", rather than to CONTINUALLY cave in to NW's "BAD (employee relationship) ATTITUDE !!!!!!!

NH/BB's

Jet Tech, welcome aboard and your comments have been right on target, I for one thank you.

Jet Tech, PTO, Czar where is everyone? I am in DTW hangers 1st shift. In all my years I never made it to Dothan, honestly never heard very good things about Dothan, but Jet Techs comments are intelligent and incisive and very impressive, as are Czar and PTO's. Well, off to work. PM me and let me know where you guys are would like to meet some of you sometime.
Right now Im finishing up some extra boroscope training in MSP. I'll be heading up the recieving dep for DTW starting next week.
Dothan could be whatever you made of it. the IAM had some pretty silly policies that were counter-productive at times, but they still treated us pretty good. I believe we got about 30-50 people that came here from pemco. It was a pretty easy adjustment since most of us had been doing NWA aircraft for quite some time.We were already familiar with EMMA, SCEPTRE, and the '9's before all this started. I personaly liked it because it was so close to some of the best scuba diving in the world.
See ya around..

Jet Tech, PTO, Czar and "OPIE".

There are 2 old sayings. I'm just not sure WHICH one fits you SCABS.

"One man's CEILING, is another man's FLOOR"

Or,

"You Never MISS, what you never HAD"
Take your pick !!

NH/BB's
I think both qoutes have a certain amount of merit, but I prefer this on: It aint about having what you want, its about wanting what you have. have a nice day.
oh bye the way...and this goes out to opus and a few others as well...its not cZar, its cSar...short for combat search and rescue...Thanks.

"ATTENTION ALL SCABS"

With that said,AS NWA keeps "churning out" you "Bottom feeders", from their Giant "Petri dishes", and starts coming up with plans like "Ground Company", and "Newco", the CLOSER they come to a STRIKE, which would TOTALLY ERADICATE this growing cancerous tumor(YOU), which, believe it or not, would be (ultimately) PREFERABLE to the majority of the NON SCABS.

I'm sure you CLOWNS have considered THAT scenario ??
NH/BB's
To be honest, I'm not all that optimistic about ths "Groundco" myself. History seems to be against it.
If as you predict, we are Eradicated, which I have already acknowledged as a possibility, I'll do what I always do...make a couple of calls, and have my next jobs while they're loading up my box.....
Now..where DID I put my fake nose and size 25 red shoes?

Not if you play it right. It does get old sometimes then you just go home for a few months. The hardest part about this job is not being able to come and go as I please. Normally I would be home right now since Thanksgiving. I would be off for the next three weeks before I went back to work. Then I would work till June or July. Then I would go home till early September. I actully spend more time at home than most people with normal jobs. If you think that is pitiful try working offshore thirty days on and fourteen off. I lasted a whole four hitches. Sad and lonely comes in many forms Dea.

Not if you play it right. It does get old sometimes then you just go home for a few months. The hardest part about this job is not being able to come and go as I please. Normally I would be home right now since Thanksgiving. I would be off for the next three weeks before I went back to work. Then I would work till June or July. Then I would go home till early September. I actully spend more time at home than most people with normal jobs. If you think that is pitiful try working offshore thirty days on and fourteen off. I lasted a whole four hitches. Sad and lonely comes in many forms Dea.
Hmmm, you must have a money tree in the backyard 'Cods. Not too many working people in can take off from work for months at a time.

You pimping the wife 'Cods? Mechanics just don't have that much jack to only be working 6 months. Being that your a scab at $32hr, you must have a deal on the side, and your just playing scab as a sick hobby.

Latest posts