IAM FILES AT DELTA FOR UNION REPRESENTATION

The company has previously provided links to these documents/letters on DLNet for all employees to see. Only *very* recently have they stopped doing so.

Good to hear about the drug testing program. Both carriers will also begin using common fuel slips (DL's) starting the 1st.

If you could find these documents on a public website, I'm sure we would all be interested.

is it possible that the NMB asked DL to NOT post these documents because they are not public?
I'm not sure of the reason and agree with you that full disclosure to all persons involved is best... just trying to understand why DL has changed its position. Any theories on your part?

If you could find these documents on a public website, I'm sure we would all be interested.

I'll see what I can do. I certainly want to read them...

is it possible that the NMB asked DL to NOT post these documents because they are not public?

It's plausible, but why would these latest letters be confidential when the previous ones weren't?

I'm not sure of the reason and agree with you that full disclosure to all persons involved is best... just trying to understand why DL has changed its position. Any theories on your part?

My opinion-and it's just that- is that DL wants to continue to manufacture the opinions of it's workforce. Frankly, they're very good at getting their employees to think what they want them to.

Before someone asks what size my tin foil hat is, take a look at DL daily, corporate memos, and any other communication. Pay close attention to the words/phrasing/context used.

I'm not surprised that they'll stoop to intellectually dishonest manuovres (sp?) to forward their agenda. I get it.

Where I draw the line is when these pieces of carefully crafted info are passed off as factual and unbiased. It's insulting to anyone with the ability to critically think.

I'll see what I can do. I certainly want to read them...

It's plausible, but why would these latest letters be confidential when the previous ones weren't?

My opinion-and it's just that- is that DL wants to continue to manufacture the opinions of it's workforce. Frankly, they're very good at getting their employees to think what they want them to.

Before someone asks what size my tin foil hat is, take a look at DL daily, corporate memos, and any other communication. Pay close attention to the words/phrasing/context used.

I'm not surprised that they'll stoop to intellectually dishonest manuovres (sp?) to forward their agenda. I get it.

Where I draw the line is when these pieces of carefully crafted info are passed off as factual and unbiased. It's insulting to anyone with the ability to critically think.
Insulting when it is not from your veiw point that is. There are many Delta people that think for themselves. They may not agree with you or Delta management. It is a big world and people have independent opinions .

Clearly you do give a rat's a$$. If not, why do you spend so much time railing against representation?

Good for you (honestly). Now ask yourself why does DL NOT want you to do that? What is their motive in only giving you one side, while purporting to give all of us "the facts?"

Um, no. I still am a lead on the ramp.

No 3rd degree; just simple questions, and you still failed to answer them. I'm just trying to see where you're coming from. Why get so defensive?

You just can't help yourself, can you? What a shame...

Meh. At least you're consistent...
Remember Southwind, when an entity answers with a question, what does that tell you? Just sit back and let them vote for union, makes no difference to me, I have only tried to warn them. It will be sad to see them lose in the process. But we tried to warn them. So go ahead gang, listen to Kev and drink the Kookaid.

Remember Southwind, when an entity answers with a question, what does that tell you? Just sit back and let them vote for union, makes no difference to me, I have only tried to warn them. It will be sad to see them lose in the process. But we tried to warn them. So go ahead gang, listen to Kev and drink the Kookaid.

Southwind raised an issue, and I addressed it. You not being able to handle me asking him to back up his assertions isn't my problem.

P.S. Nice touch referring to me as an "entity." :rolleyes:

Why is it ok for the CEO, BOD and all Executives to have contracts but not the rank and file employees?

WN the highest percentage of unionized workers, highest paid and the most profitable airline?

Gee if unions were so bad why is WN so succesful if they have the most unionized workforce in the industry?

Why is it ok for the CEO, BOD and all Executives to have contracts but not the rank and file employees?

WN the highest percentage of unionized workers, highest paid and the most profitable airline?

Gee if unions were so bad why is WN so succesful if they have the most unionized workforce in the industry?
It is perfectly ok. Go ahead though, vote union and get a contract. In todays economic environment, most groups will see less and not more. Contracts for working people is a bargaining process. Lets hear what upper hand ramp personnel have or any group for that matter. That's what bargaining is all about. I just have to say, don't go into this blind, a vote for union representation is not an automatic plus. Something union officials don't wat you to know. It is a gamble, one in which only management has the upper hand, high unemployment. Kev would never tell you that.

You should go read AA forum, the future of BA cabin crew. It kind of goes along with how I see the economy vs union contracts. Makes perfect business sense Kev.

Gee DT,

Nice of you to avoid the question poised to you, now I see what Kev is talking about in his posts.

Guess when your shown to be wrong you avoid answering.

Southwind raised an issue, and I addressed it. You not being able to handle me asking him to back up his assertions isn't my problem.

P.S. Nice touch referring to me as an "entity." :rolleyes:
You are a representation of a union organization which makes you an entity. The people of this company deserves to know what will happen if they vote union. I will warn them what could/will happen if they do. You have a financial stake in this. They deserve to know.

You are a representation of a union organization which makes you an entity. The people of this company deserves to know what will happen if they vote union. I will warn them what could/will happen if they do. You have a financial stake in this. They deserve to know.
DT are you in management?