JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to believe that it's the most fair way of doing it. Nothing discriminatory about it at all, sorry, you can't use the race card or white privilege when applying at MBTA.

People should be offered jobs based on merit, period. I know for those of you under CBAs once a member of management makes the arbitrary and subjective judgement to say “yes” to you suddenly your perspective changes to DOH/entry into classification for whatever purpose but the rest of the world goes by merit and performance.

Affirmative action policies absolutely hinder whites, Jews, Asians today and anyone know doesn’t want to acknowledge this fact is racist and disingenuous. I always chuckle when I hear affirmative action and equal opportunity in the same sentence.

But yeah some people get $75k year MBTA bus operator jobs and feel on top of the world and get great health care. Yippee, I’d rather make more, pay my fair share and still enjoy a better quality of life than a fat over-entitled government worker.

Josh

People should be offered jobs based on merit, period. I know for those of you under CBAs once a member of management makes the arbitrary and subjective judgement to say “yes” to you suddenly your perspective changes to DOH/entry into classification for whatever purpose but the rest of the world goes by merit and performance.

Affirmative action policies absolutely hinder whites, Jews, Asians today and anyone know doesn’t want to acknowledge this fact is racist and disingenuous. I always chuckle when I hear affirmative action and equal opportunity in the same sentence.

But yeah some people get $75k year MBTA bus operator jobs and feel on top of the world and get great health care. Yippee, I’d rather make more, pay my fair share and still enjoy a better quality of life than a fat over-entitled government worker.

Josh
Let's say just for the entertainment value, that a pool of equally qualified job candidates, are equal in every way, including race, gender, age and work experience, how do you choose?

Let's say just for the entertainment value, that a pool of equally qualified job candidates, are equal in every way, including race, gender, age and work experience, how do you choose?

If I have a recommendation from an employee who has proven himself to be highly valuable with his work ethics and reliability, I’ll hire his recommendation.

Otherwise it should be the individual who makes the best impression in the interview process. (At least wear a damn shirt and tie)

You were the beneficiary of an arbitrary, subjective judgement whereby a hiring manager said “yes” to you over hundreds of other qualified individuals when you came to the company (2008?). That’s the cold hard fact, hiring decisions have a degree of subjectivity and especially with applicat tracking software systems like Taleo people often get filtered out who are qualified and don’t even get an opportunity to make an impression and interview where their soft skills and personality can shine.

Despite the headlines you need to recognize it is tough out there for many people, real wages have been stagnant especially as costs for housing, health care and education have soared which are not captured in CPI (and CPI is a terrible vehicle to measure consumer prices for a whole slew of reasons) but I digress.

Bottom line is most of the jobs available for people today are low wage, low benefit type opportunities in line with the McGees and UGEs of the world.

Josh

If I have a recommendation from an employee who has proven himself to be highly valuable with his work ethics and reliability, I’ll hire his recommendation.

Otherwise it should be the individual who makes the best impression in the interview process. (At least wear a damn shirt and tie)

Best impression is an arbitrary and subjective judgement WeAA. What compels and is looked upon favorably by one may not to another interviewer. A good candiate will try to read their interviewer and tailor their responses and behavior to the company, situation and non-verbal feedback they’re given but you are ultimately correct.

Josh

You were the beneficiary of an arbitrary, subjective judgement whereby a hiring manager said “yes” to you over hundreds of other qualified individuals when you came to the company (2008?). That’s the cold hard fact, hiring decisions have a degree of subjectivity and especially with applicat tracking software systems like Taleo people often get filtered out who are qualified and don’t even get an opportunity to make an impression and interview where their soft skills and personality can shine.

Despite the headlines you need to recognize it is tough out there for many people, real wages have been stagnant especially as costs for housing, health care and education have soared which are not captured in CPI (and CPI is a terrible vehicle to measure consumer prices for a whole slew of reasons) but I digress.

Bottom line is most of the jobs available for people today are low wage, low benefit type opportunities in line with the McGees and UGEs of the world.

Josh
Let's see just what are the qualifications for FSC.
1). Valid driver's license.................................check!
2). At least 18 years of age............................check!
3). Verifiable 10 year employment history......check!

My point being this, when I was hired in 2008 in LAS, they needed 4 bodies, 4 applied, 4 got the job, and now I'm the only one left. You seem to be some kind of conspiracy theorist, and would love to believe that tracking of applicants via software is common to all who need to hire for vacancies. Google or Amazon may in fact practice this but here at American, no such rigorous scrutiny over applicants exists to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.