JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont have limits on part time? I thought your contract had better restrictions?
Well, now it makes more sense.

It isn't a "cap," it is a "floor."

For instance, in MIA our floor is 1500 FT and 767 PT. Once they reach the FT number they can add to the PT numbers on a 1:1 basis. So, theoretically, they can hire as many PTers as they want as long as they also add to the FT numbers.

MIA happens to be the only station in the system that has more FTers and less PTers than we did in 2001, which is the basis of the "floors." We have been able to do that because of arguments put forth and helped by other language in the CBA that makes it unattractive for them to do so. For instance, some believe our dismay about the OT language is simply because of the extra money but in reality, another aspect of that is allowing us to show them how it is not economically viable to have too many PTers because to cover them they need to pay 1.5 rates. So a PTer with 5 hours would cost the airline 7.5 hours of pay. Might as well use a FTer and get more hours of coverage for the same price.

There are other articles and other arguments used to try and control their use of PTers.

Ok so its a ration and not a cap. Lol.

It’s colored in red for those that have difficulties.

B4A122E0-87B5-4473-930F-DC3BD5B48EF0.png

It isn't a "cap," it is a "floor."

For instance, in MIA our floor is 1500 FT and 767 PT. Once they reach the FT number they can add to the PT numbers on a 1:1 basis. So, theoretically, they can hire as many PTers as they want as long as they also add to the FT numbers.

MIA happens to be the only station in the system that has more FTers and less PTers than we did in 2001, which is the basis of the "floors." We have been able to do that because of arguments put forth and helped by other language in the CBA that makes it unattractive for them to do so. For instance, some believe our dismay about the OT language is simply because of the extra money but in reality, another aspect of that is allowing us to show them how it is not economically viable to have too many PTers because to cover them they need to pay 1.5 rates. So a PTer with 5 hours would cost the airline 7.5 hours of pay. Might as well use a FTer and get more hours of coverage for the same price.

There are other articles and other arguments used to try and control their use of PTers.

Then the current Local President of MIA if he was so concerned on this issue should have accepted an offer to join the talks when he was asked rather than be more concerned about his fear, ego or Political Motivations.

As much as Spike Lee wants to pretend he’s part of the team he never will be unless he actually could take the ball for a lay up.

Sidney Jimenez had that opportunity and abstained.

Next?

Weez-
Do you expect BNA to get restaffed in the new JCBA scope? Didn’t Gary Drummond and several other TWU leaders start their careers when the company operated a hub there

They should contract out STL (100%) and give the LLCers BNA (4/10/01), BNA is a growing metropolis.

Josh

Then the current Local President of MIA if he was so concerned on this issue should have accepted an offer to join the talks when he was asked rather than be more concerned about his fear, ego or Political Motivations.

As much as Spike Lee wants to pretend he’s part of the team he never will be unless he actually could take the ball for a lay up.

Sidney Jimenez had that opportunity and abstained.

Next?
Weez, you know there isnt going to be a ta until, at minimum, July dont you? These guys know they cant bring out a TA with health care cuts without getting their arses thrown out of office. Unless of course Sito panics and throws them under the bus as i got him forced to run in april.
There Will be 2 elections weez. Certainly!
The grand lodge now has racketeering and fraud involved due to corruption reviews.
Sad.

Weez, you know there isnt going to be a ta until, at minimum, July dont you? These guys know they cant bring out a TA with health care cuts without getting their arses thrown out of office. Unless of course Sito panics and throws them under the bus as i got him forced to run in april.
There Will be 2 elections weez. Certainly!
The grand lodge now has racketeering and fraud involved due to corruption reviews.
Sad.

E6A864CC-C855-4901-8E3C-64C02B36CF00.jpeg

I don’t disagree at all that they played the hand they were dealt quite poorly. They were told something before crossover and they caved.

But did they make the right or wrong decision is purely left to speculation now. It’s all in the History books.

History for CWA/IBT in progress for TWU/IAM

JG business a usual coming you way

Not sure if your fishing and trying to get me to respond. But since this is about the third time you have stated this about the insurance let me make it clear. I’m pretty sure you will not find any post of mine saying that I believed the insurance will be a combination. If I did, then I must have been 2 sheets in the wind, and I don’t ever remember getting on here in that condition. I do remember WeAAsles stating that before, maybe I agreed with him that maybe that was possible. But no, I do not remember stating that’s what it was going to be.
No I am not fishing, nor trying to get you to respond.
I did not say it would be a combination CB. I said, that I thought you told me it would be somewhere in the middle of the two existing. Now, was I wrong? Did I miss read your response back when we were discussing it? It is in this thread, if I have time I will look for it. But I do remember the medical will change, but do not know how or which way it will go, but I do remember that it may very well end up somewhere in the middle of the two, am I wrong? I got that from your answers to my questions on medical. If I am wrong, sorry, and I will say so.
CB, to be clear you have always answered my questions when I have posted them to you, and I thank you for that.

I can'r read another word Weez call me or text me if you need anything. Perhaps I'll be back when there is a TA. I'll get updates from Facebbok

No I am not fishing, nor trying to get you to respond.
I did not say it would be a combination CB. I said, that I thought you told me it would be somewhere in the middle of the two existing. Now, was I wrong? Did I miss read your response back when we were discussing it? It is in this thread, if I have time I will look for it. But I do remember the medical will change, but do not know how or which way it will go, but I do remember that it may very well end up somewhere in the middle of the two, am I wrong? I got that from your answers to my questions on medical. If I am wrong, sorry, and I will say so.
CB, to be clear you have always answered my questions when I have posted them to you, and I thank you for that.
Swamt
No apology needed. And to be honest, I can’t remember saying that. But I have spoke quite a bit on insurance so I can’t recall everything I post. And you have to understand negotiations are constantly changing. What one of us from the team may think now, may drastically change from 6 months ago. That’s on any issue. Without saying too much about the insurance, we had option A, B, and C. Not going to go into all of them, and yes I know the ones on here that says we are definitely going to the AA insurance. Well I am one that is still saying, I don’t agree with that way of thinking. We have it now on the IAM side. And let’s not beat a dead horse. We all know everyone’s opinions on why we will or won’t go to the AA insurance. I guess that’s why they call it negotiations.

I can'r read another word Weez call me or text me if you need anything. Perhaps I'll be back when there is a TA. I'll get updates from Facebbok

You got it Al. Gonna miss that humor of yours here.

It’s too bad but I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back