JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev3188 said:
And there you have it, gang.
They took away your choice because they didn't trust you (or rather, they didn't feel confident you trusted them as as standalone organizations).
That's f'ed up.
"There you have it" ???

That's been my opinion since day one. And I've said it before many times on here.

Hey have you gotten yourself ANY Union yet? Sorry if I'm "Othering" you even if you are "Other"

robbedagain said:
Tim   would you rather have no union  and let the company really throw everyone of us out the door    At least we have the Association as represtation bec without them  Parker would of brought in Ready Reserve crap all over the system      I do agree that yes we should have had a vote on the Association or no union but in the end we would of wound up with the Association
The question, at this time, isnt to ditch the Association, but for the iam to stop the masness and start moving things forward as opposed to putting forth a sloppy very very unprofessional image in which the company got pissed off like hell and busted our balls by only offering 6 holidays. Granted, management is also responsible but management is frustrated with the lack of unity between the 2 groups. Thats the story whether you believe it or not.

WeAAsles said:
I think you're confused? We don't have Ready Reseve and we don't pay as much for medical as you. We also don't have to worry about management harassment or maybe being fired unjustly because we're paid too much and they want to replace us with cheaper human resources.
Are you trying to "claim" you have better than us? Don't think so bro.

When it comes to some items, that's exactly what I'm saying. When that T/A ever comes out, it better blow the doors off of just about anything we have over here. If not, then what are your dues going toward?

WeAAsles said:
"There you have it" ???
That's been my opinion since day one.
Good.

And I've said it before many times on here.
Great. Then stop apologizing for it.

And no, I don't have representation again, and nonsense like the Association, or the lack of a JCBA in this golden era of aviation aren't helping.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
Those numbers by percentages for who "came out" to vote in those two IAM deals were put out. How people would have voted if we had a choice is nothing more than a guess.
Look it's all BS at the end of the day. Yea they took away any chance we might have had to have made a choice because no neither side trusted the membership that WE would have supported the Association. So they sold it to us knowing full well that it didn't matter and it was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Is it going to be? I have ZERO clue. It's still way too early to see if both sides are going to do anything with it after we get a JCBA? I've said it before and I'll say it again "If they don't then it's a failure" But I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that both Unions know the deal and have their act together moving forward?
But pushing the agenda all the time "We should have voted, we should have voted" gets annoying after awhile when you know it's NEVER going to happen. I'll say it again. It's NEVER going to happen. This is it. This is what we got. The deck was stacked against us from the beginning and when we finally get the $$Money$$ that's it. No one is going to give a rats arse at all, period, done.
BTW I should have dumped my girlfriend when I was 25 and stayed with the hot rock and roll blond chick that I was cheating on her with but I didn't. I felt guilty and dumped the blond for the stupid girlfriend that I broke up with a year later. Spilt milk man.
https://youtu.be/Nt-KMuN7HII

Hey Kev. I thought you might be interested in reading these. This is a link to the TWO contracts (Collective bargaining agreements) we have here at AA. Didn't you USED to have one of these?

http://m.iam141.org/site/us/index.html?imz_st

I think if you work very hard and put in as much effort as possible you can have one of these again? Unless it's not something you want anymore since Nelson says Delta will cut your walls off if you even try to go for it.

I think you are a very smart guy though. You should go into management. You'll make a very valuable asset and they'll give you a raise I'm sure.

Kev3188 said:
When it comes to some items, that's exactly what I'm saying. When that T/A ever comes out, it better blow the doors off of just about anything we have over here. If not, then what are your dues going toward?

Good.

Great. Then stop apologizing for it.
And no, I don't have representation again, and nonsense like the Association, or the lack of a JCBA in this golden era of aviation aren't helping.

We DON'T have Ready Reserve so we allready blow the doors off of what Delta airlines management does to you with that alone.

Do you think one day they're going to come for you? Nothing I'm worried about.

Kev3188 said:
I did used to have one. Loved it.
No mgmt. for me; less pay, no support, and they usually just wind up being punching bags.
Thanks for the kind words, though...
Now that sux. They get paid less and you have to be afraid of them. Wow.

WeAAsles said:
If the NMB had ruled that we had to vote the choices would have been:
TWU/IAM Association
No Union
Write in option
There would not have been a choice for either the TWU or the IAM since they did not file as separate entities.
The case was never made by the twu or iam to have a vote about anything. Instead of going to the members, the two labor organizations went to the company to eff us and cut the deal with parker for automatic voluntary recognition. The company obliged. There has never ever been automatic recognition without company consent.

You should know that because The Worst Union cut the deal with crandal to bring in B scale provided crandall automatically recognize the twu at eagle without a vote.

Thats the story grasshopper so dont pin this on the nmb.

Tim Nelson said:
The case was never made by the twu or iam to have a vote about anything. Instead of going to the members, the two labor organizations went to the company to eff us and cut the deal with parker for automatic voluntary recognition. The company obliged. There has never ever been automatic recognition without company consent.
You should know that because The Worst Union cut the deal with crandal to bring in B scale provided crandall automatically recognize the twu at eagle without a vote.
Thats the story grasshopper so dont pin this on the nmb.
They were scared of the "Allied Ground Workers Union" LMFAO, hahahahhahahhahahahahhahahah.

https://storage.googleapis.com/dakota-dev-content/42-NMB-No.-20.pdf

WeAAsles said:
Maybe they made their decision off of past case history. To hell with the no union option. You can take that and shove it.
And the IAM would not have been able to file so it would have been the TWU filing standalone as they represented the overwhelming majority.

To twice slay the slain,
By dint of the Brain, is but labour in vain, Unproductive of gain,
And so I shall bid you 'Adieu'!

https://storage.googleapis.com/dakota-dev-content/42-NMB-No.-20.pdf
Im not sure you know anything or are just ignorant? The iam was collecting cards and had comparable numbers to file, and i can tell you that very few ord twu peeps had any loyalty to the twu. Even if the iam didnt attain the cards, things would have dragged for at least another year due to the mba and thats why i felt the association was reasonable as a solution to a problem.

Tim Nelson said:
Im not sure you know anything or are just ignorant? The iam was collecting cards and had comparable numbers to file, and i can tell you that very few ord twu peeps had any loyalty to the twu. Even if the iam didnt attain the cards, things would have dragged for at least another year due to the mba and thats why i felt the association was reasonable as a solution to a problem.
Uh, nah.

Delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts