JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeAAsles said:
FedEx.
25 years ago I had a manager go on a check ride with me because he was wondering why I was coming back to the Station late with so many unscanned letters. After the ride he took stops off me because he saw all the shortcuts I was taking to "try" to get the work done.
End of the year evaluation I was rewarded. He gave me a .25 cent raise.
Ever wonder why I'm SO pro Union. There you have it.
Been there as well, not anywhere as long as you. You are spot on with your assessment of them. I can honestly say that I was never able to stand around for one minute without being productive in some way. Although you will never get anyone who has only worked for the airline to comprehend it.

Hey W, where is Tim? Did he go into The United States Federal American Airlines Corporate Witness Protection Program after giving insight on the Interim wage adjustment?

Reactions: 1 person
AANOTOK said:
Hey W, where is Tim? Did he go into The United States Federal American Airlines Corporate [/size]Witness Protection Program after giving insight on the Interim wage adjustment?
Still doing his Laundry. It really piled up while he was making all of those videos. He was even at the point where he was turning his underwear inside out.

WeAAsles said:
I'm not in a hurry. Like I said a ways back. Nice to see people grumbling about something positive for a change over the usual and expected negatives.
USUAL and EXPECTED.

Exactly......and in your own words.

When negatives become so common they are USUAL and EXPECTED that is a problem WeAAsles.

WeAAsles said:
From what I was being paid by Fedex I could barely afford the $1.00 loaf of Semolina Italian bread I took to work with me everyday.

Except for the incredible Christmas tips and occasionally being called for a pickup at IMG Model agency in the Flatiron building, nothing but BAD memories.
That has nothing to do with UNION vs nonUNION. I could almost say the same thing about working for American Airlines under a TWU contract.

Most of it was a really bad experience.

You justify your UNION support by stating FedEx did not pay you a living wage (going off your comment that you could not afford the $1.00 loaf of bread) and your complaint of a low wage increase. When I started American Airlines I started at 7 dollars an hour (in 2000) and in the Junior Fleet program........ Would you call that a living wage? Minimum wage was $5.15 at the time.

Even after I had moved from Junior Fleet to Fleet I still had 9 years ahead of me to top out.

I am sure some employees got stuck working 12 to 15 years until they topped out.

I am glad you feel UNION membership paid off for you. However, you should not assume that just because an employer is nonUnion that it's employees are exploited.

WeAAsles said:
I'm not in a hurry. Like I said a ways back. Nice to see people grumbling about something positive for a change over the usual and expected negatives.

I'm even seeing and hearing people go after people who are complaining about something they don't like in the deal. Loving that.
Weez you have a better chance of getting some T&A then you do getting a Q&A  and them there are some steep odds. Weez I think the heat index is worse up here than in MIA

Worldport said:
Weez you have a better chance of getting some T&A then you do getting a Q&A  and them there are some steep odds. Weez I think the heat index is worse up here than in MIA
I take that back if you get that new Mustang you might have a shot

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
USUAL and EXPECTED.

Exactly......and in your own words.

When negatives become so common they are USUAL and EXPECTED that is a problem WeAAsles.

That has nothing to do with UNION vs nonUNION. I could almost say the same thing about working for American Airlines under a TWU contract.

Most of it was a really bad experience.

You justify your UNION support by stating FedEx did not pay you a living wage (going off your comment that you could not afford the $1.00 loaf of bread) and your complaint of a low wage increase. When I started American Airlines I started at 7 dollars an hour (in 2000) and in the Junior Fleet program........ Would you call that a living wage? Minimum wage was $5.15 at the time.

Even after I had moved from Junior Fleet to Fleet I still had 9 years ahead of me to top out.

I am sure some employees got stuck working 12 to 15 years until they topped out.

I am glad you feel UNION membership paid off for you. However, you should not assume that just because an employer is nonUnion that it's employees are exploited.
I have A LOT more to that story that convinced me 1000% that I will always support being in a Union over not being in one.

And frankly I've told you before but you always come back eventually like a boomerang (Don't believe for a second that you are happy with what you do now) to tell me and us your woe is you story.

I didn't vote on that contract so I'm not going to apologize for hiring on 5 months before that contract went into effect.

If you're so happy in your non union life you should now move on with it. With pay and benefits I make over 70k now. You can't convince me of the crap you're selling. Move on.

Worldport said:
I take that back if you get that new Mustang you might have a shot
It'll come. Take a chill pill. Haven't you learned anything now about wanting to rush?

$26.54
$30.17

Which one do you like better W?

WeAAsles said:
It'll come. Take a chill pill. Haven't you learned anything now about wanting to rush?

$26.54
$30.17

Which one do you like better W?
The Wise Weaasles you had it all planned  what did Pee Wee Herman say "I meant to do that"

Worldport said:
The Wise Weaasles you had it all planned  what did Pee Wee Herman say "I meant to do that"
What's that comment everyone hates to hear?

"See I told you so"

But let's also never forget.

"The window of opportunity has closed"

Those damn stupid, retarded, moronic, crackheads.

I guess we're not getting another video for awhile now? Where is Josh?

WeAAsles said:
I have A LOT more to that story that convinced me 1000% that I will always support being in a Union over not being in one.
I am not suggesting you abandon your support of UNIONS. I am only stating that having a UNION job does not assure prosperity just as a nonUNION job does not assure poverty and exploitation.

WeAAsles said:
And frankly I've told you before but you always come back eventually like a boomerang (Don't believe for a second that you are happy with what you do now) to tell me and us your woe is you story.
More money, more vacation, more holidays, a nice bonus program, and I get to work from home.

What about that situation convinces you I am not happy with what I do now?

I find it interesting you would even say that. It makes me wonder what your motivation for doing so.

Here is my theory. You would like these people to believe UNION membership is the only way to be prosperous. The fact I left the collective and succeeded goes against your narrative. You want me to be unhappy at my job or better yet fail so you can use me as an example of those that dissent.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I am not suggesting you abandon your support of UNIONS. I am only stating that having a UNION job does not assure prosperity just as a nonUNION job does not assure poverty and exploitation.

More money, more vacation, more holidays, a nice bonus program, and I get to work from home.

What about that situation convinces you I am not happy with what I do now?

I find it interesting you would even say that. It makes me wonder what your motivation for doing so.

Here is my theory. You would like these people to believe UNION membership is the only way to be prosperous. The fact I left the collective and succeeded goes against your narrative. You want me to be unhappy at my job or better yet fail so you can use me as an example of those that dissent.
No I don't know you and honestly don't care about you and think you just decided to come back here again to try and piss on our bushes.

Again I don't know you and don't care about you. But I don't own this board and can't do anything if you want to continue to come around here once in awhile just to bother me.

And if you are a success good for you. Good luck, take care. Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts