JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Nelson said:
What we now lack is:
1. Shift Differ
2. A average retirement. Sorry but $1.30 still is lacking when compared
3. More paid days off. Another vacation week, 3 more holidays, 4 more sick days.
4. Better grievance system
5. Better overtime
6. Crew Chief Pay
7. wage increases in 2018 and beyond.
8. Signing Bonus
9. Buyout

When you're speaking of lacking something, don't forget DOH!

Rogue…..

P. REZ said:
Tim,

I love the way you make everything seem so simple. When it comes to seniority you need to look at 2 things, what does the contract say and what would the people do that got affected if changed to straight doh. Think this through Tim. Do you honestly think that an employee that has an advantage now is going to say, well you know that guy was here before me? Now, take the contract language and see what that person who now gets affected by straight doh may do with the language. Hint, it is something you like to do.

P. Rez

A union is supposed to be fair and treat its members equally. If member A is hired before member D, member A should have seniority rights for all aspects of seniority over member D. Member D should not bid anything before member A. DOH is the only fair and equitable way to place everyone on the same playing field.

Rogue…..

A union is supposed to be fair and treat its members equally. If member A is hired before member D, member A should have seniority rights for all aspects of seniority over member D. Member D should not bid anything before member A. DOH is the only fair and equitable way to place everyone on the same playing field.

Rogue…..
If we go by what Prez said, he has a point. It's one way of looking at it. I disagree with Prez, although his viewpoint clearly benefits me and the current way of things. I only would gain 3 months but lose 300 spots.

I look at the situation more broadly and try to apply the same to each group, as opposed to each person. For that reason, I think straight DOH "Boots on the ground". That would also benefit the old piedmont group, and that is my bias.
It isn't going to go that way as the IAM has fought against this from day one, but this is one aspect that me and Prez disagree on. Neither is right or wrong, it's just two different methods with different outcomes.

Seniority has always been a mixed bag for me.

On one hand I like the organizational aspect of it.

On the other hand I don't like having some high seniority prick with a sense of entitlement soaking up air conditioning 6 hours a day benefiting off of everyone else's labor because he happens to have an early seniority date.

I saw a lot of that at TULE.

That is one thing that drives my preference for working non UNION. The company can flush the garbage every so often.

It does not pay to work hard in the current TWU UNION culture. It only pays to have an early hire date.

I might feel differently if it was easier for the company to "flush" non performers.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Seniority has always been a mixed bag for me.

On one hand I like the organizational aspect of it.

On the other hand I don't like having some high seniority prick with a sense of entitlement soaking up air conditioning 6 hours a day benefiting off of everyone else's labor because he happens to have an early seniority date.

I saw a lot of that at TULE.

That is one thing that drives my preference for working non UNION. The company can flush the garbage every so often.

It does not pay to work hard in the current TWU UNION culture. It only pays to have an early hire date.

I might feel differently if it was easier for the company to "flush" non performers.
It /is/ easy. All it takes is management to do their due diligence.

So what happens tomorrow if your boss decides to "flush" you? Since you're a fan of at will employment, I'm sure you're okay with that, right? Remember, he/she won't need a reason, either...

WeAA   in MIA  whats the average daily flights you and your crew work?    Thx for the DFW one   I find it interesting and comaparable to other stations    Also in MIA do you clean the planes  similar to what we used to do before our stat mgr violated our contract

WeAAsles said:
Where you been bro? It's getting very boring here without you (And Bob). I got a Fa La La Fruit Loop annoying me like a rat with rabies foaming at the mouth.

And the dash is in great condition. The drivers side seat where my A rubs against it when I get in is a little rough though. And I also only date women who have their own rides. The one this Saturday was driving a Mercedes. (Latin) Went down to FLL near the beach outdoor bar under some Palm trees. Swweeetttt.

I LOVE South Florida.

http://bluemartinilounge.com
Hot chick with a Mercedes I saw your video you ain't exactly a Brad Pitt. You have a 20 year old car and a sofa from Bobs Discount what exactly is so appealing oh will you be seeing her again?

robbedagain said:
WeAA   in MIA  whats the average daily flights you and your crew work?    Thx for the DFW one   I find it interesting and comaparable to other stations    Also in MIA do you clean the planes  similar to what we used to do before our stat mgr violated our contract
robbed in CLT a typical night is 4 sometimes 5 how tough it is depends on the gate if you're on one that get a lot of west coast turns you're likely  to go home we move a lot of mail a freight between here and the left coast 

cltrat said:
robbed in CLT a typical night is 4 sometimes 5 how tough it is depends on the gate if you're on one that get a lot of west coast turns you're likely  to go home we move a lot of mail a freight between here and the left coast 
Depends on who the assign lead is that shift and one's relationship to the lead. 

robbedagain said:
His crew works five it is my understanding the Weez works two

Kev3188 said:
So what happens tomorrow if your boss decides to "flush" you? Since you're a fan of at will employment, I'm sure you're okay with that, right? Remember, he/she won't need a reason, either...
That is why I try to be faster, more accurate, and more knowledgeable than my coworkers. That is why I invest in education and staying ahead of the curve.

The TWU atmosphere people depend on nothing more than their occupational seniority date.

One drives excellence.

The other invites laziness.

So yes I am a HUGE fan of at will employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back