JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weez honestly and don't bring up the social justice of the displaced commuters what do you and the 20 year guys think they are going to get in this contract? A couple of more holidays what? While most people at LAA on here are affable I don't get the same body language from the bus stops and terminal so maybe they are not as much in a rush to co- mingle as you are

I've NEVER said rush ever Al. As a matter of fact I've probably been the most patient of anyone out there and even you know that from all the rocks that have dented my head on these boards.

First what I don't want. I don't want anyone to think I'm a schmuck. I can certainly be a flaming A Hole but I am no man or woman's schmuck.

Now what I want. I haven't had a real contract with gains to vote on in over 15 years now. And I've been living under concessions for over 13 years coming up on 14 in May. I want to vote on a contract period. The particulars in it to me don't even really matter since it is absolutely FINALLY going to have gains. So yea on that one it's a personal thing for me. And I'll decide how I'll vote when I see it.

You had your gains vote. Now I want my turn.

I just asked my CC what he wants. He has 26 years. He wants (of course) more money but he also said he wants more Hollidays at Double and a half and he wants more for retirement because he thinks like me we both have about 10 more years to go. And more vacation time. He didn't mention that OT thing because he never works any.

IMO Al and I think you've always been pretty honest here. You're just not in a rush because you don't want to rotate? And if I was in your shoes I wouldn't either after 38 freakin years with steady days off. I completely get it. But we all have our reasons why we want or don't want things.

As NYer stated your side would be doing the stalling if situation was reversed. If that is what is really happening. No I am not hearing anything negative about the AA medical plan from my Customer service friends

So are you saying that you believe they ARE stalling then Al or are you just making an assumption that only my side would be doing it and yours is not?

Got to watch how you word things my friend or someone may ask you what you mean.

So are you saying that you believe they ARE stalling then Al or are you just making an assumption that only my side would be doing it and yours is not?

Got to watch how you word things my friend or someone may ask you what you mean.
I honestly don't have any idea if anyone is stalling I would imagine stalling is a tool in any negotiations.I truly believe but have no proof the union leaders are stepping in at the request of the company. What else could it be I don't see you and Bob doing any picketing.

I honestly don't have any idea if anyone is stalling I would imagine stalling is a tool in any negotiations.I truly believe but have no proof the union leaders are stepping in at the request of the company. What else could it be I don't see you and Bob doing any picketing.

No I'm not. I'm sorry who this might bother but I'm glad they're stepping in. And no I don't know what that means either but I only see positives to it myself.

No I'm not. I'm sorry who this might bother but I'm glad they're stepping in. And no I don't know what that means either but I only see positives to it myself.
Not me, I think they will bend to get it done and I thought we were done bending.And it makes the negotiators look bad and if I were one I'd be pissed

I'd also love to know why any negotiator for either side would view their leaders coming in to help as a negative?

What would be the main motivation for not wanting them to join in?

Not me, I think they will bend to get it done and I thought we were done bending.And it makes the negotiators look bad and if I were one I'd be pissed

So if they do bend then can't your Negotiators tell their members that? I think we talked about this before didn't we?

Is that Political position more important than ones honor or integrity?

I really hope not.

I've NEVER said rush ever Al. As a matter of fact I've probably been the most patient of anyone out there and even you know that from all the rocks that have dented my head on these boards.

First what I don't want. I don't want anyone to think I'm a schmuck. I can certainly be a flaming A Hole but I am no man or woman's schmuck.

Now what I want. I haven't had a real contract with gains to vote on in over 15 years now. And I've been living under concessions for over 13 years coming up on 14 in May. I want to vote on a contract period. The particulars in it to me don't even really matter since it is absolutely FINALLY going to have gains. So yea on that one it's a personal thing for me. And I'll decide how I'll vote when I see it.

You had your gains vote. Now I want my turn.

I just asked my CC what he wants. He has 26 years. He wants (of course) more money but he also said he wants more Hollidays at Double and a half and he wants more for retirement because he thinks like me we both have about 10 more years to go. And more vacation time. He didn't mention that OT thing because he never works any.

IMO Al and I think you've always been pretty honest here. You're just not in a rush because you don't want to rotate? And if I was in your shoes I wouldn't either after 38 freakin years with steady days off. I completely get it. But we all have our reasons why we want or don't want things.
I had my gains vote? We couldn't go any lower

So if they do bend then can't your Negotiators tell their members that? I think we talked about this before didn't we?

Is that Political position more important than ones honor or integrity?

I really hope not.
If you want a cushy six figure job it is, Weez you are being real stubborn with this subject I know you are not naive

If you want a cushy six figure job it is, Weez you are being real stubborn with this subject I know you are not naive

Our Unions are very different Al. I know mine, not yours. And I'm not going to make presumptions even if I'm not naive.

It's called being courteous.

I'd also love to know why any negotiator for either side would view their leaders coming in to help as a negative?

What would be the main motivation for not wanting them to join in?
If I were a negotiator and my leaders stepped in I would view it as them telling me I'm not getting the job done. I know you disagree with me I would like to know how others feel. We already heard from a negotiator he didn't sound elated

If I were a negotiator and my leaders stepped in I would view it as them telling me I'm not getting the job done. I know you disagree with me I would like to know how others feel. We already heard from a negotiator he didn't sound elated

Who said I disagreed with you? And no unfortunately he did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back