JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you sound like a fortune cookie or magic eight ball

Thank you. I used to write Fortune cookie messages for extra beer money when I was younger.

"Confucius say Association members should vote contract for peaceful happy merger"

Last edited:
I never said how you should vote. There's nothing to vote on. That's the problem.

I want to vote on something and maybe you and others don't want to vote on anything?
Of course I want to vote on something. I will vote no to ANYTHING that has a concession in it for EITHER side.

Of course I want to vote on something. I will vote no to ANYTHING that has a concession in it for EITHER side.

As is your right. But a concession for one side may still be a gain for the other and in the end as it always should be, majority rules.

Weez honestly and don't bring up the social justice of the displaced commuters what do you and the 20 year guys think they are going to get in this contract? A couple of more holidays what? While most people at LAA on here are affable I don't get the same body language from the bus stops and terminal so maybe they are not as much in a rush to co- mingle as you are

Hey Al just spoke on the phone with my good buddy 700UW and he told me to tell you hello.

He also reminded me of something. Before we got the $$Money$$ you were the one firing up the boards wanting them to hurry up so you could pull the Ka Ching lever. I was the guy trying to feed you the "Mothers little helper" pills.

Now you're the one saying "Hey man why the rush" You're the one all chilly willy here.

So why the 360? Candy man brought you some green taffy in a bag?

Thank you. I used to write Fortune cookie messages for extra beer money when I was younger.

"Confucius say Association members should vote contact for peaceful happy merger"
Weez d
Hey Al just spoke on the phone with my good buddy 700UW and he told me to tell you hello.

He also reminded me of something. Before we got the $$Money$$ you were the one firing up the boards wanting them to hurry up so you could pull the Ka Ching lever. I was the guy trying to feed you the "Mothers little helper" pills.

Now you're the one saying "Hey man why the rush" You're the one all chilly willy here.

So why the 360? Candy man brought you some green taffy in a bag?
Honestly I (we) got the compensation which put us in a really good position to negotiate a great contract. If we didn't get the money we wouldn't be in such a great position.Yes the $ was the most important issue for me but it opened doors for everyone. Did you tell 700 how you were the only poster to stick up for him? Ever wonder why?

P.S I don't know if you have La Li on ignore but he is biiitch slapping you all over this forum

Weez d

Honestly I (we) got the compensation which put us in a really good position to negotiate a great contract. If we didn't get the money we wouldn't be in such a great position.Yes the $ was the most important issue for me but it opened doors for everyone. Did you tell 700 how you were the only poster to stick up for him? Ever wonder why?

P.S I don't know if you have La Li on ignore but he is biiitch slapping you all over this forum

You see Al to me I don't say that we really got the money yet. It's not in a contract ratified and signed into a binding CBA.

But if we go with what seems like your philosophy because we have the money already (Do we really) we can now tell the company to piss off until they give in to every one of our demands? Essentially you're saying that we're the ones who can now hold a gun to their heads.

I just don't believe that we got those raises with no strings attached and also don't believe that giving the Company cross utilization on our part was the only catch to the agreement?

Since we got the majority of the raises I don't think it's about the dues anymore so you have to ask yourself why are the Leaders from both sides stepping in? Again your side has almost everything already so what motivation does Sito have to go in there? One more time. The higher ups are already getting those dues.

Harry and the TWU is also already getting those dues so what motivation does he have to hop in there either? I'm making these comments because everyone is always saying that all they care about is the dues. So what's their motivation then now?

Al are you so sure that those raises we got came with such a small to almost no catch at all? Have you seen the company making any moves to gain synergies in other cities? Maybe add flights and people here, take flights and people out of there.

You said that I shouldn't be naive. Maybe I should be saying that to you?

You see Al to me I don't say that we really got the money yet. It's not in a contract ratified and signed into a binding CBA.

But if we go with what seems like your philosophy because we have the money already (Do we really) we can now tell the company to piss off until they give in to every one of our demands? Essentially you're saying that we're the ones who can now hold a gun to their heads.

I just don't believe that we got those raises with no strings attached and also don't believe that giving the Company cross utilization on our part was the only catch to the agreement?

Since we got the majority of the raises I don't think it's about the dues anymore so you have to ask yourself why are the Leaders from both sides stepping in? Again your side has almost everything already so what motivation does Sito have to go in there? One more time. The higher ups are already getting those dues.

Harry and the TWU is also already getting those dues so what motivation does he have to hop in there either? I'm making these comments because everyone is always saying that all they care about is the dues. So what's their motivation then now?

Al are you so sure that those raises we got came with such a small to almost no catch at all? Have you seen the company making any moves to gain synergies in other cities? Maybe add flights and people here, take flights and people out of there.

You said that I shouldn't be naive. Maybe I should be saying that to you?
You think they would actually take the money away? you are entitled to your opinion and since I like you I will respect it even though I think it is ludicrous. What I think happened is the same people that approached Sito with the pay raise are approaching him again to expedite the negotiations. In the end Sito and your guy will over rule the negotiators and make them compromise an some articles. Now you can call that opinion ludicrous if you which

You think they would actually take the money away? you are entitled to your opinion and since I like you I will respect it even though I think it is ludicrous. What I think happened is the same people that approached Sito with the pay raise are approaching him again to expedite the negotiations. In the end Sito and your guy will over rule the negotiators and make them compromise an some articles. Now you can call that opinion ludicrous if you which

I don't think what you said is ludicrous at all and actually the possibility could be very likely? And again the pieces that any of those guys disagree with they should have no animosity held against them if they want to tell their membership.

For me again I'm enough of a grown man myself to decide if I want to pass it or not and to understand the possibilities of what could happen if I voted it down.

The "rumor" seems to be that maybe the Company gave them a call and asked if they would step in? Maybe they did, maybe they didn't? Maybe there always was a timeline from the beginning? Maybe a timeline was established with the raises? Maybe there is no timeline at all and they're just stepping in to see for themselves what's going on? Maybe they just think they can help?

And no I don't think they would take the money back but since it's not in our contract legally I think they could. The biggest reason they wouldn't take it back is no management team would be stupid enough to want the anarchy that would absolutely come if they did it.

Anyway Al when we do get something to vote on I'm really not going to care about looking at just one item or another. I think that philosophy is stupid quite honestly. I'm going to look at the entire agreement with a highlighter and magnifying glass and make my decision on the totality of everything in it.

I don't think what you said is ludicrous at all and actually the possibility could be very likely? And again the pieces that any of those guys disagree with they should have no animosity held against them if they want to tell their membership.

For me again I'm enough of a grown man myself to decide if I want to pass it or not and to understand the possibilities of what could happen if I voted it down.

The "rumor" seems to be that maybe the Company gave them a call and asked if they would step in? Maybe they did, maybe they didn't? Maybe there always was a timeline from the beginning? Maybe a timeline was established with the raises? Maybe there is no timeline at all and they're just stepping in to see for themselves what's going on? Maybe they just think they can help?

And no I don't think they would take the money back but since it's not in our contract legally I think they could. The biggest reason they wouldn't take it back is no management team would be stupid enough to want the anarchy that would absolutely come if they did it.

Anyway Al when we do get something to vote on I'm really not going to care about looking at just one item or another. I think that philosophy is stupid quite honestly. I'm going to look at the entire agreement with a highlighter and magnifying glass and make my decision on the totality of everything in it.
Just curious, the stockholders meeting used to be in May I don't know when it is now but to have joint contracts for all work groups would be a milestone and feather in Parker's hat don't you think?

Just curious, the stockholders meeting used to be in May I don't know when it is now but to have joint contracts for all work groups would be a milestone and feather in Parker's hat don't you think?

In theory it always used to affect the stock price. But unfortunately I'm not sure that it really matters anymore?

When the UAL mechanics voted down their first TA by a 95% no and threatened to strike the stock needle made no movement at all.

It's not a state secret to Wall Street now that under the RLA threatening to strike is a hollow threat because the Government will not allow it to happen. Or I should say big business won't allow it.

But we continue to have the illusion of control. (George Carlin)

In theory it always used to affect the stock price. But unfortunately I'm not sure that it really matters anymore?

When the UAL mechanics voted down their first TA by a 95% no and threatened to strike the stock needle made no movement at all.

It's not a state secret to Wall Street now that under the RLA threatening to strike is a hollow threat because the Government will not allow it to happen. Or I should say big business won't allow it.

But we continue to have the illusion of control. (George Carlin)
A feather none the less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back