JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
144f0988c526043a94d0d62db3f67709.jpg

This is my beer!

To me it takes away the one thing we value the most, seniority. NYer how would you like to bid vacation weeks in rounds?

this is true, but the company eliminating specialized shifts in favor of a huge 'pool' source of fscs is also a threat to seniority.

a good c/c that has 12-26 guys in a particular area will use seniority to bid on jobs needed to work that particular area, unless otherwise posted on the bid sheet.

a bad c/c will accept the beef sandwich from the 2 year employee will now assign him to scan a few trips indoors while albert is out picking up trips in -22 wind chill. the bad c/c will then remind the 2 year employee that he likes sweet peppers.

NYer, what's your take on corruption?

LUS members. When you get the chance can you check your 401k accounts and see if you have a new line item on there for any company match?

If you do at this moment it will register $0.00

Al what ever happened to that ticket?
The judge reduced from 51mph to 50mph which lowered the pointsfrom 6 to 4 that lowered the fine to about $200 so not bad.however the other day I think I got a red light cam which costs $50 no points. In NYC you really can't negotiate with the judge. If I got the speeding ticket where I live I could have chewed down to like broken headlight with my good driving record.

Last edited:
Reactions: bob@las-AA
this is true, but the company eliminating specialized shifts in favor of a huge 'pool' source of fscs is also a threat to seniority.

a good c/c that has 12-26 guys in a particular area will use seniority to bid on jobs needed to work that particular area, unless otherwise posted on the bid sheet.

a bad c/c will accept the beef sandwich from the 2 year employee will now assign him to scan a few trips indoors while albert is out picking up trips in -22 wind chill. the bad c/c will then remind the 2 year employee that he likes sweet peppers.

If that ever happened albert would be a cc the very next bid

What you're really saying is the company is eliminating all the gravy jobs and you are angry that you now have to earn that $30/hour.

If that ever happened albert would be a cc the very next bid

that's a fairly common response. why wait if the c/c premium goes up substantially? then what happens if the 2 year/4 month employee tells you he has an extra beef sandwich?

What you're really saying is the company is eliminating all the gravy jobs and you are angry that you now have to earn that $30/hour.

not really, there are still lots of various jobs that are easier or you work on your own. what i see is the company moving to create these huge 'pools' and 'supports'.

a negative example i remember is ua. in the early 90's, ua had a utopia called 'ramp alert'. ramp alert had hundreds of workers because ua only had 1 lead and 2 gate guys on every gate in it's busy HQ, ord.

ramp alert would send out ramp connectors and/or a local driver. ua was burning bags by the hundreds because the ramp alert ramp connectors had their bag cart stolen and had to find a new one, or someone stole my tractor, or my trip sheet flew out the door and i forgot where to go, or i got stuck in traffic coming to to my assigned flight. some guys had more important to do, like finish their sleep. ua called 'ramp alert', 'ramp asleep'.

so ua sent all these to managers to aa c-con with aa approval, to observe how in the world aa can successfully ramp connect hundreds of bags in a 50 minute bank. it took those ua managers seconds to understand that aa had a local driver and ramp connectors already assigned to each aa gate. ship-side calls. blue lights and squares. no time lost getting to a trip, no time wasted looking for a tractor or equipment.

ua increased the amount of guys on each gate.

as time goes by, now i see aa doing what ua unsuccessfully did 25 years ago. less jobs on a gate and send workers from another area...because someone with power is reinventing the wheel and they believe they can turn an airline worker into a factory worker to increase productivity.

that's a fairly common response. why wait if the c/c premium goes up substantially? then what happens if the 2 year/4 month employee tells you he has an extra beef sandwich?

not really, there are still lots of various jobs that are easier or you work on your own. what i see is the company moving to create these huge 'pools' and 'supports'.

a negative example i remember is ua. in the early 90's, ua had a utopia called 'ramp alert'. ramp alert had hundreds of workers because ua only had 1 lead and 2 gate guys on every gate in it's busy HQ, ord.

ramp alert would send out ramp connectors and/or a local driver. ua was burning bags by the hundreds because the ramp alert ramp connectors had their bag cart stolen and had to find a new one, or someone stole my tractor, or my trip sheet flew out the door and i forgot where to go, or i got stuck in traffic coming to to my assigned flight. some guys had more important to do, like finish their sleep. ua called 'ramp alert', 'ramp aslee

so ua sent all these to managers to aa c-con with aa approval, to observe how in the world aa can successfully ramp connect hundreds of bags in a 50 minute bank. it took those ua managers seconds to understand that aa had a local driver and ramp connectors already assigned to each aa gate. ship-side calls. blue lights and squares. no time lost getting to a trip, no time wasted looking for a tractor or equipment.

ua increased the amount of guys on each gate.

as time goes by, now i see aa doing what ua unsuccessfully did 25 years ago. less jobs on a gate and send workers from another area...because someone with power is reinventing the wheel and they believe they can turn an airline worker into a factory worker to increase productivity.
Creme I find most people speak up if they feel they are being treated unfairly

Perhaps that's a reflection on...never mind
Go ahead and say it. Take your shot Albert.

Most of the people I know (and are introduced to) are educated professionals or tradesmen. They have already chosen a profession and were not looking at other careers as an option.

The only reason I worked for American Airlines was because a temp agency had placed me at Triad doing revenue accounting (ticket auditing) during a layoff. The boss made an offer to the temp service to buy my contract then suddenly pulled the offer. A couple of months later Canada Air had bought Canadian Airlines (the company American Airlines was providing the service for, that is why the offer was pulled) and everyone was let go or moved on to other jobs. I chose to apply to American because I was encouraged to by the employees at Triad and told "they are UNION and pay well". I figured I could go into electrical maintenance so took a job as a JFSC to get in the door.

It was never on my radar to apply to AA before the construction slowdown here in Tulsa. I was an electrician and only took the temp job because of a slowdown. I was not really looking at other options to start as a career just something to bring an income for my family until demand for construction picked back up.

So go ahead Albert take your personal shot.

Go ahead and say it. Take your shot Albert.

Most of the people I know (and are introduced to) are educated professionals or tradesmen. They have already chosen a profession and were not looking at other careers as an option.

The only reason I worked for American Airlines was because a temp agency had placed me at Triad doing revenue accounting (ticket auditing) during a layoff. The boss made an offer to the temp service to buy my contract then suddenly pulled the offer. A couple of months later Canada Air had bought Canadian Airlines (the company American Airlines was providing the service for, that is why the offer was pulled) and everyone was let go or moved on to other jobs. I chose to apply to American because I was encouraged to by the employees at Triad and told "they are UNION and pay well". I figured I could go into electrical maintenance so took a job as a JFSC to get in the door.

It was never on my radar to apply to AA before the construction slowdown here in Tulsa. I was an electrician and only took the temp job because of a slowdown. I was not really looking at other options to start as a career just something to bring an income for my family until demand for construction picked back up.

So go ahead Albert take your personal shot.
Whoa a bit defensive there why don't you go to the other thread and tell everyone how Walmart got their W2s already.You do realize you come to this forum claiming you don't work for AA and condescendingly tell everybody who does, their job sucks and the union they belong to sucks even more. What kind of chit is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.