JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I feel people asked weez nicely to stay out of mechanics buisness but he kept on you on the other hand have useful information when you posted there. Your not trying to cause waves . Yes ed played a big roll in it no question about that. It's like things at aa instead of the few individuals getting called out causing the proplom the whole group gets it.
Don't worry Coney I have a new target piss boy Xut

Wings you're absolutely right but the only reason we drift off is because we go weeks without anything happening so it gets very boring here otherwise.

When they come out with an update if we're lucky we see one TA over the last couple of weeks and of course we don't know what the details are so even that doesn't leave us much to talk about.

And pretty much every poster here has made an opinion of what they're looking for so repeating that gets redundant too.
Stop making excuses Weez we drift because we have personalities we are not a bunch of boring stiffs

IMG_2061.JPG
Stop making excuses Weez we drift because we have personalities we are not a bunch of boring stiffs

I have to admit some of the posters on here do remind me of Judge Smails.

"Danny I've sent kids younger than you to the gas chamber"

I agree with you on that, and can honestly say that since we got the wage increase that many have lost interest in the negotiations. On the LUS side, nobody is in a rush to end up with a downgraded healthcare plan. As nice as some more vacation and shift premium would be, still not going to override the sub-par medical plan that LAA is stuck with. I still can't understand why the new AA won't bring everyone to the LUS plan. One would think that a company with over 100k employees could negotiate one heck of a d deal with BCBS. We all know how tight LUS was, and they kept us in that plan.

I agree with you on that, and can honestly say that since we got the wage increase that many have lost interest in the negotiations. On the LUS side, nobody is in a rush to end up with a downgraded healthcare plan. As nice as some more vacation and shift premium would be, still not going to override the sub-par medical plan that LAA is stuck with. I still can't understand why the new AA won't bring everyone to the LUS plan. One would think that a company with over 100k employees could negotiate one heck of a d deal with BCBS. We all know how tight LUS was, and they kept us in that plan.

Wings here's the funny thing about that comment. I haven't yet heard or read anything official that states the company wants to go with the current plan or plan cost that I'm under right now?

They're also as I understand it self insured and even with the plan you have the cost you pay was only because old US just matched those costs that were introduced to them during your BK. You're still self insured.

I've said this in the past but I'm just not biting on the idea that when this is finally in place you'll be paying what we do? I think it's still going to land somewhere in the middle? Which even you guys hopefully will admit is fair after 50% worth of wage increases already, an improved retirement and still just a little more to come.

Wings here's the funny thing about that comment. I haven't yet heard or read anything official that states the company wants to go with the current plan or plan cost that I'm under right now?

They're also as I understand it self insured and even with the plan you have the cost you pay was only because old US just matched those costs that were introduced to them during your BK. You're still self insured.

I've said this in the past but I'm just not biting on the idea that when this is finally in place you'll be paying what we do? I think it's still going to land somewhere in the middle? Which even you guys hopefully will admit is fair after 50% worth of wage increases already, an improved retirement and still just a little more to come.
Weez it's common sense, everyone has the AA plan except for IAM members all other US groups switched to AA plan ergo.... I also notice SC Boeing plant voted no union by a wide margin as I will be voting no to our T/A

Weez it's common sense, everyone has the AA plan except for IAM members all other US groups switched to AA plan ergo.... I also notice SC Boeing plant voted no union by a wide margin as I will be voting no to our T/A
And don't forget about the billion dollars going into the LAA retirement plans

Al once they get everyone under the plan (Remember UHC is just the administrator) then they can look at bringing down those overall costs. We pay under contract right now what AA claims is 21% of their total costs.

I've seen them start to implement programs to bring down those costs. 1 being that they weren't going to pay ridiculous medical charges and that's also why they want us to stay in network because those Doctors know what AA will pay and have agreed to that. 2 is the Wellness plans which is meant to get us healthier where we don't need to go to the Doctor as much. And 3 they implemented the no smoking policy to "try" to encourage us to quit.

Medical costs are a problem for all of us but I do see these people trying to be proactive to do something about it.

I don't think the company is going to present something that they know 30% of the total group is going to tell them to take a flying leap IMO?

Al once they get everyone under the plan (Remember UHC is just the administrator) then they can look at bringing down those overall costs. We pay under contract right now what AA claims is 21% of their total costs.

I've seen them start to implement programs to bring down those costs. 1 being that they weren't going to pay ridiculous medical charges and that's also why they want us to stay in network because those Doctors know what AA will pay and have agreed to that. 2 is the Wellness plans which is meant to get us healthier where we don't need to go to the Doctor as much. And 3 they implemented the no smoking policy to "try" to encourage us to quit.

Medical costs are a problem for all of us but I do see these people trying to be proactive to do something about it.

I don't think the company is going to present something that they know 30% of the total group is going to tell them to take a flying leap IMO?
I'm still voting no

Status
Not open for further replies.