JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i can see that appealing to many...not to me.

fidelity tells me that my total 401k portfolio at retirement should be 5x or 6xs my last working year's wages. i'll throw out a guess that i'll make $100k my last year.

i need to tell fidelity i don't plan on retiring on park ave.

i work with a guy who is 68. he just started collecting ss. $2,500+ per month. would be getting another $2,400 per month, aa pension. $5k per month guaranteed income in retirement, not counting his 401k and other investments.

refuses to retire. some fscs are like that.

That's because as Red said in Shawshank some people become institutionalized. They can't imagine doing anything else with their lives which is very sad.

That was certainly Bruno. My suggestion is always GO. Go find a new life. Change your location, take even an easy job like a Supermarket if you need to. Get out of your rut.

How about someone floated this air-biscuit, for the pure entertainment value alone. And you took the bait.
It's laughable still that the amount you quoted, is in your misguided mind, is sub-par.

Bob he said it was a "rumor" and so what if it winds up being true or not as long as it gets the thread back on track.

My opinion is that they absolutely will eventually offer some type of buyout.

A 60 year old guy costs a whole hell of a lot more than bringing in a newbie. $30 an hour as opposed to $13. The wage alone almost supports 3 new heads. Then you have medical expenses. How many 22 year olds you know worry about going to the Doctor, get Dental work done or maybe even wear glasses?

Unless I'm living in my own Private Idaho I think ultimately it makes way more sense long term to transition some of us older foggies out (Not old enough yet myself)

Oh and not to mention I bet that 11 year payscale in Fleet sticks around?

That's because as Red said in Shawshank some people become institutionalized. They can't imagine doing anything else with their lives which is very sad.

That was certainly Bruno. My suggestion is always GO. Go find a new life. Change your location, take even an easy job like a Supermarket if you need to. Get out of your rut.
Take up golf?

How about someone floated this air-biscuit, for the pure entertainment value alone. And you took the bait.
It's laughable still that the amount you quoted, is in your misguided mind, is sub-par.

it could be, no doubt. it wasn't someone, it was a few talking about it..a few who have been proven correct over time with what they 'pre-suppose'. i did say, "if true". let's remember that parker did say that early-outs are a way for aa to deal with redundancy. parker said that a few weeks ago, on the record. so, it's very plausible, some type of buy-out. do you listen to the conference calls? are you educated about the company you work for?

if one lives in sh!t kicker, texas or hot pepper, louisana, maybe $60k after taxes is a fortune. not where i live. it's also less than what ua offered, as dvlhog told us. so, yes...i don't view that as generous.

as far as the rest, you didn't know the amount in the 2nd equity lawsuit and your mind tells us that if fsc maxed out at $35/hr, aa would lay off half of fsc. i'll let that commentary speak for itself. keep contributing. i won't even get into what the LUS clerks have been dismantling you with.

ciao

BTW Company reps if you're reading. Mark your calendar.

Nice buyout May 2025 or 26 and the Weez will sail off into the sunset.

Bob he said it was a "rumor" and so what if it winds up being true or not as long as it gets the thread back on track.

My opinion is that they absolutely will eventually offer some type of buyout.

did someone steal his freight carts with good curtains?

it could be, no doubt. it wasn't someone, it was a few talking about it..a few who have been proven correct over time with what they 'pre-suppose'. i did say, "if true". let's remember that parker did say that early-outs are a way for aa to deal with redundancy. parker said that a few weeks ago, on the record. so, it's very plausible, some type of buy-out. do you listen to the conference calls? are you educated about the company you work for?

if one lives in sh!t kicker, texas or hot pepper, louisana, maybe $60k after taxes is a fortune. not where i live. it's also less than what ua offered, as dvlhog told us. so, yes...i don't view that as generous.

as far as the rest, you didn't know the amount in the 2nd equity lawsuit and your mind tells us that if fsc maxed out at $35/hr, aa would lay off half of fsc. i'll let that commentary speak for itself. keep contributing. i won't even get into what the LUS clerks have been dismantling you with.

ciao

Exactly. If we do hit $35 by the end of the contract if any layoffs eventually needed to happen it would now be beyond ridiculous to knock out the lower end of the wage scale instead of dangling a carrot on a stick to get us to leave and not have to worry about us ever coming back.

Of course it's all predicated on AA continuing to turn a profit to be able to afford to offer packages to lure us out (And claim the writeoff on their taxes)

Too many people can't seem to wrap their minds around the idea that essentially we started working for a new company in 2012. And so far and hopefully moving forward that company is doing very well financially.

ciao
Leave Bob alone he's a bit cranky he fell a sleep in the strip club parking lot last night with his car running and his ATM card is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back