JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I just don't completely agree that it should have been brought back to us for a vote. I do remember and understand the position you were in with the NMB and am also positive that yes they would have put us on indefinite ice.

But again voting for a cost neutral agreement giving up jobs at that moment was a case of eating our own feet to survive the hunger.

I was going to vote no on that because I preferred to starve than eat my foot.

I did though vote a firm yes on the BK agreement to eat my foot because I knew I was dead if I didn't under that situation. And I make no bones about it and continue to be honest that I sold that yes vote with everything I had in me.

The TA and the BK were both similar situations, if you agreed with one then you should have agreed to the other. Those decisions relied on the consequences of a yes vote or a no vote.

The beauty of not being a representative, but playing one in a blog, is that your decision affects no one. During the 2008-2011 negotiations, the Company proposals became progressively worse. Then in Mediation, the NMB made it clear we needed to make adjustments to our positions and when it didn't happen, we were iced. Add to that the tension of the BK talk starting to permeate the process with the insistence from the NMB.

For you, making a decision after the fact are seem so easy and comprehensive. The decision you make only affect you, the decisions made by those negotiators affect all of us and that is a much different dynamic.

I heard at a union meeting or maybe it was in an email, that MIA was getting the Work-Fit wellness program. The Benefits Committee and Local have been working for several months on that project.

(BTW--I did notice you changed the subject)

It's ALL the same subject if we're discussing Medical costs. But if it makes you more comfortable.

The only way that the IAM can or should accept a rise in their medical costs would be if they were compensated back in cash to soften the blow over time.

None of us on our side can justify or should push that they just get an automatic shock to the wallet from this year to next year.

Yes even after all of those dramatic raises they've gotten it would create a lot of division and animosity towards us on the TWU side of the fence.

The TA and the BK were both similar situations, if you agreed with one then you should have agreed to the other. Those decisions relied on the consequences of a yes vote or a no vote.

The beauty of not being a representative, but playing one in a blog, is that your decision affects no one. During the 2008-2011 negotiations, the Company proposals became progressively worse. Then in Mediation, the NMB made it clear we needed to make adjustments to our positions and when it didn't happen, we were iced. Add to that the tension of the BK talk starting to permeate the process with the insistence from the NMB.

For you, making a decision after the fact are seem so easy and comprehensive. The decision you make only affect you, the decisions made by those negotiators affect all of us and that is a much different dynamic.

MY decision, "ME" individual was to not go along with it and was going to be a no vote. Again as an "individual" member within his rights that NO was my decision.

But I wasn't planning on joining the no chorus or the group your friend labeled as the "Vote no coalition" or better known as the insulting "Hate Posse"

I posted a simple comment that my decision was no and you and especially your friend jumped all over me like angry dogs. Neither of you had any respect for my decision which to this day is still in opposition to yours.

BTW do you know that now that group that your friend labeled the "Hate Posse" now call you and her the "Hate Posse"

I don't engage in those Juvenile comments myself.

I heard at a union meeting or maybe it was in an email, that MIA was getting the Work-Fit wellness program. The Benefits Committee and Local have been working for several months on that project.

Excellent. Glad to read that the Benefits committee is active on this. Too bad if you ask any members who the Benefits comittee are though I can bet no one would be able to name a single one of them?

You're the face on that ramp everyone knows Brother. Maybe you need to get out there yourself and get your best Jack LaLane working?

You seem to be a little ambivalent about it with the comment "I heard somewhere"

What I want... Average 5 daily mainline flights.

What I am guessing the Company wants... Average 30 daily mainline flights.

What I am guessing it will be the JCBA... Average 15-20 daily mainline flights.

The bait will be some generous pay increases where (as usual) the hubs will swing the vote.
15 or 20 is too much but I could see the union try to tell us there are so many hubs etc. As long as the existing are grandfathered 3% over DL should get it done

Last edited:
Call it what you want. You were subtly trying to push people in a certain direction instead of just letting them make their own choices.

Your belief again (remember) being that if/when they did file for BK the Judge would look more favorably on our group because we were trying to work collaboratively with the Company.

The International Reps at the time having made a big mistake not gaining the Legal advice that we would have been in a worse position had we gone forward with it. (I paid very close attention to Sharon Levine at that MIA Roadshow)

Anyway it's water under the bridge I guess since we didn't go forward with it and all those Reps are now gone.

Onwards we move.
What were you wearing at the roadshow meeting . Did you get up and ask any questions?

What were you wearing at the roadshow meeting . Did you get up and ask any questions?

I was sitting in the front row right next to the Station Manager and asked the first question. And covered it again the following year as the second question.

No I'm not very shy.

It's ALL the same subject if we're discussing Medical costs. But if it makes you more comfortable.

The only way that the IAM can or should accept a rise in their medical costs would be if they were compensated back in cash to soften the blow over time.

None of us on our side can justify or should push that they just get an automatic shock to the wallet from this year to next year.

Yes even after all of those dramatic raises they've gotten it would create a lot of division and animosity towards us on the TWU side of the fence.

There is no amount of cash that would adequately compensate anyone from something like that. We can be sure they will end up with the best deal they can get.

MY decision, "ME" individual was to not go along with it and was going to be a no vote. Again as an "individual" member within his rights that NO was my decision.

But I wasn't planning on joining the no chorus or the group your friend labeled as the "Vote no coalition" or better known as the insulting "Hate Posse"

I posted a simple comment that my decision was no and you and especially your friend jumped all over me like angry dogs. Neither of you had any respect for my decision which to this day is still in opposition to yours.

BTW do you know that now that group that your friend labeled the "Hate Posse" now call you and her the "Hate Posse"

I don't engage in those Juvenile comments myself.

You don't engage in juvenile comments? Huh, interesting.

There is no amount of cash that would adequately compensate anyone from something like that. We can be sure they will end up with the best deal they can get.

You are incorrect again. PMUS FA's were given money to cover the insurance increase for if I remember correctly 1 maybe 2 years.

Please recheck your facts.

You don't engage in juvenile comments? Huh, interesting.

I love engaging in a little fun but simply calling people names for a particular cruel reason is not my style.

Case in point. The MIA CSM nicknames. Highly juvenile.

You are incorrect again. PMUS FA's were given money to cover the insurance increase for if I remember correctly 1 maybe 2 years.

Please recheck your facts.

My point was: There is no amount of cash that would adequately compensate anyone from something like that (higher insurance costs). We can be sure they will end up with the best deal they can get."

Your answer was: "PMUS FA's were given money to cover the insurance increase for if I remember correctly 1 maybe 2 years."

I don't believe most people would consider money to cover higher costs for 1, maybe 2 years, as anything remotely adequate to compensate for losing a lower priced insurance.

I love engaging in a little fun but simply calling people names for a particular cruel reason is not my style.

Case in point. The MIA CSM nicknames. Highly juvenile.

Copy.
You do it, it's engaging in a little fun.
Others do it, it's highly juvenile.

Status
Not open for further replies.