JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
albert if scope goes to 8 or 10 and grandfather in cities I think that would be pretty dam good by industry standards when you look at say UA or DL or AS I don't know why company would fight Double Time unless they want to change it for example ours is based on 40 hr week first 4 hrs is time n half and then double may be the company wants 8 hr time half before going to double?

Again, while there is blame on the shoulders of the company, I agree with you, Talos, I think that AA is both surprised and frustrated with the lack of preparedness the Association has shown to date. While you, I and everyone else would like restore and more or the best of both contracts, I think it has become pretty obvious neither one of those were/are going to happen. Now we sit, no plan B from the Association. It's back to two separate unions looking out for their members and zero progress. Now you have your answer to the pathetic updates. A referee scorecard from the negotiations room between the IAM and TWU would probably be more informative. Isom was asked why they couldn't meet lock the door and not come out until something was reached, his comment was "it takes two to tango". When is a member or two or three of the Association going to attend these town halls and refute what the company is saying? When??

The Association Leaders will be there on Monday. Otherwise the question I have is when are people going to stop believing everything the Company mouthpieces tell them?

Those ORD mechanics weren't buying it that's for sure.

Weez why did he do so good in the election?

Perceptions of being a tough guy. A fortune spent on advertising. Some good picks on his team. Mistakes made by people on my team.

And unfortunately an accusation of cards being collected from new hires that everyone knows one guy was doing. (A guy not on his team)

Some of the guys on his team would have won irregardless. But the guy who came in second should be in the position and not him IMO. I think it was stolen from him?

But something "could" be coming up soon to rectify that situation? But I'm staying out of that period.

The Association Leaders will be there on Monday. Otherwise the question I have is when are people going to stop believing everything the Company mouthpieces tell them?

Those ORD mechanics weren't buying it that's for sure.
EVERYTHING is a pretty strong word, W. When are some people gonna start believing ANYTHING the company says could be a legitimate question as well.

EVERYTHING is a pretty strong word, W. When are some people gonna start believing ANYTHING the company says could be a legitimate question as well.

AA what I took away from that Townhall was that no the company does not intend to want to keep as many jobs in maintenance as the AA side currently has. Management is not saying industry leading contract. They're saying industry leading wages.

I also took away the fact that they don't want to take ANY blame for the slow progress and complete BS on them not responding to items like Vacation and Holidays.

Parker said in another roadshow that two weeks a month is enough but now Isom "claims" that it takes two to tango when it comes to negotiating for longer periods of time.

Look at it again. Watch the body language. Notice who is choosing their words carefully. Who is the one trying to sell to those guys (Not working) that we should maybe pressure our groups to bring in Mediators?

The one thing I remember is Doug telling me "No one is trying to abscond with your money"

When they lie to your face it's very hard to actually believe anything they're saying.

AA what I took away from that Townhall was that no the company does not intend to want to keep as many jobs in maintenance as the AA side currently has. Management is not saying industry leading contract. They're saying industry leading wages.

I also took away the fact that they don't want to take ANY blame for the slow progress and complete BS on them not responding to items like Vacation and Holidays.

Parker said in another roadshow that two weeks a month is enough but now Isom "claims" that it takes two to tango when it comes to negotiating for longer periods of time.

Look at it again. Watch the body language. Notice who is choosing their words carefully. Who is the one trying to sell to those guys (Not working) that we should maybe pressure our groups to bring in Mediators?

The one thing I remember is Doug telling me "No one is trying to abscond with your money"

When they lie to your face it's very hard to actually believe anything they're saying.
You saying there not deadlocked on issues? What mediation is a threat?
I don't know where you got that from

If it was then maybe we should get rid of veyors all together? We can pass the bags up to a guy. Maybe get rid of tractors too? 3 or 4 guys can push a cart out to the gate one at a time?

I guess as a Union guy you have no care or concern about our old bodies becoming weak and breaking down as we get older?

But again easy for a guy like you to talk when you probably haven't seen the inside of a belly in 15 years? Not everyone is cut out or wants to be a CC you know.

Crew Chiefs are getting replaced by technology also.

I know you have to talk up the PowerStow because the guy you ran with championed that particular piece of equipment, along with training everyone on how to use it. On the other hand, we also lost a guy on the crew so although you can save a little time and effort in the belly, the bottom line is that we lost a member on each crew and the rest of the gate work is divided among less crew members. That's a total of more than 100 positions....gone.

But if you like it and are willing to have that trade-off, then so be it.

You saying there not deadlocked on issues? What mediation is a threat?
I don't know where you got that from

Isom said they have the best negotiators in the business in that room. Well why do they need mediation then.

Best line given by one of those mechanics.

What they wish they really had was an Arbitrator not a Mediator. But Isom won't say that, that's for sure.

No you just said it, we got the money . Giving us the money probably goes against everything in "negotations 101". We got the money now we can stand pat with everythin else. Weez I am number 5 on the seniority list among combined clerks and probably the only one who works nights I think I could get one of those steady shifts.

WeAAsles championed and supported getting the money. It was a good get, but we also had to be cognisant it would make the rest of the negotiation go much slower. Even now, he believe this will be done by May.

Can't see that happening unless it is tied to some heavy concessions. On the IAM side, the one thing that would have made things go a little quicker may have been the pressure they felt by the difference in pay. As it stands, why would anyone settle for anything less than exactly what they want.

The TWU, on the other hand is still trying to climb the hill so we have a different perspective and would like to this come to an end so we can advance some of the items where we are still lacking.

Isom said they have the best negotiators in the business in that room. Well why do they need mediation then.

Best line given by one of those mechanics.

What they wish they really had was an Arbitrator not a Mediator. But Isom won't say that, that's for sure.
You don't want that

I know you have to talk up the PowerStow because the guy you ran with championed that particular piece of equipment, along with training everyone on how to use it. On the other hand, we also lost a guy on the crew so although you can save a little time and effort in the belly, the bottom line is that we lost a member on each crew and the rest of the gate work is divided among less crew members. That's a total of more than 100 positions....gone.

Wrong again.

I hated the Powerstow when it first came out and avoided it like the plague when one was put on my gate. Didn't start to use it till I had no choice anymore.

I used to go home often with my back and shoulders in pain buddy. No you couldn't get me 3 guys in the belly which is what I really needed sometimes. So along came Johnny Powerstow to my rescue.

My back and shoulders don't hurt anymore. And I use the thing now just like they show in the video when I get a HAV. The machine is spectacular sorry to tell you. AND anyway YOU are not and never will pay for my shoulder surgery that was absolutely coming down the road. Again Mr Crew Chief what do you care?

Have you EVER actually gone in a belly and used the thing? Bet I know the answer. BTW you touch my Powerstow and you'll really see what I can do when I go on the Warpath. Stay away from my Powerstow kapeesh.

Last edited:
WeAAsles championed and supported getting the money. It was a good get, but we also had to be cognisant it would make the rest of the negotiation go much slower. Even now, he believe this will be done by May.

Can't see that happening unless it is tied to some heavy concessions. On the IAM side, the one thing that would have made things go a little quicker may have been the pressure they felt by the difference in pay. As it stands, why would anyone settle for anything less than exactly what they want.

The TWU, on the other hand is still trying to climb the hill so we have a different perspective and would like to this come to an end so we can advance some of the items where we are still lacking.

Why do you have a problem understanding a Football pool box pick? I know you like Sports (I don't)

You never play your favorite numbers when you buy your Lottery tickets?

Jeez.

BTW MIA has more heads per flight activity then any other Station in the system. Not a single member was lost here and as a matter of fact I never stop seeing those red vests floating around all the time.

Great job and Kudos to Tom Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back