JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
"BTW out of curiosity. Have you taken care of that thing you were "ordered" to do yet? You really shouldn't keep stonewalling that old man you know. He is a dues paying member"

"BTW out of curiosity. Have you taken care of that thing you were "ordered" to do yet? You really shouldn't keep stonewalling that old man you know. He is a dues paying member"

Just in case you missed it, I already did.

I read that, whatever it means. Were you going to discuss something?

Or is the plan to throw something at the wall and see it if sticks? Probably.

I read that, whatever it means. Were you going to discuss something?

Or is the plan to throw something at the wall and see it if sticks? Probably.

Ok never mind. We'll just wait a little longer until Julie steps out from the weeds then.

Tick Tock.

No that's coming up soon and it won't be a Little Yellow whatever that thing is facing the hot lights.

Uh-huh.

Quiz Time: Your Slate Mate whispers in your ear. You share publicly. Nothing happens.

Who has pie on their face?

That's right, the soldier...not the handler.

Your fate as a political pawn has been cemented. Enjoy.

Uh-huh.

Quiz Time: Your Slate Mate whispers in your ear. You share publicly. Nothing happens.

Who has pie on their face?

That's right, the soldier...not the handler.

Your fate as a political pawn has been cemented. Enjoy.

I just read all of that. Don't know what it means.

Are you throwing things on a wall to see if anything sticks?

YOU have a good "grip" on the industry Crema. You're a guy people should listen to.

i tell everyone to listen to the conference calls. i have played the market & options...so, many of the terms are familiar. co-workers would be surprised at what they learn and what they did and did not know about the very company they work for.

i learned today that aa estimates it will have 3 less mainline jets (14 less super-80s) by q4 and will have 26 less regional jets by q4. i also heard aa talk about 'mortuary tables' when discussing the amount of monies to be deposited into the pension going forward. time is on aa's side as former employees and their spouses die; the pension obligation will shrink, by default. i think the analysts were pleasantly surprised that more and more aa pension recipients will be dirt-surfing. the analysts are immune to our wants, as illustrated today.

i share parker's kool-aid drinking. i'm bullish on the stock. the fact that we are under 500 million shares is amazing when we IPOed with 755 million shares...and we still have $1.5 billion left to purchase and retire shares. i'm able to differentiate between being an employee and wanting more and being an investor and wanting more.

i tell everyone to listen to the conference calls. i have played the market & options...so, many of the terms are familiar. co-workers would be surprised at what they learn and what they did and did not know about the very company they work for.

i learned today that aa estimates it will have 3 less mainline jets (14 less super-80s) by q4 and will have 26 less regional jets by q4. i also heard aa talk about 'mortuary tables' when discussing the amount of monies to be deposited into the pension going forward. time is on aa's side as former employees and their spouses die; the pension obligation will shrink, by default. i think the analysts were pleasantly surprised that more and more aa pension recipients will be dirt-surfing. the analysts are immune to our wants, as illustrated today.

i share parker's kool-aid drinking. i'm bullish on the stock. the fact that we are under 500 million shares is amazing when we IPOed with 755 million shares...and we still have $1.5 billion left to purchase and retire shares. i'm able to differentiate between being an employee and wanting more and being an investor and wanting more.

Great read this morning and I think it covers a lot of the concerns that some of the naysayers have brought up in this thread in the past few days.

I saved this one to favorites.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/edited-transcript-aal-earnings-conference-120218072.html

Al you need to be deprogrammed a little bit yourself. You do come across as if EVERYTHING is the fault of this phantom word "Association"

Again that Ass as you now call it is full of people. Do you think Rez and CB are liers when they come here and fill in some things? Do you know ANY guy who is part of the Union in any way at all that you like or maybe even learned to trust over a long time?

You're 100% right that neither Union or the people in them write our checks. But over 70 years at least with AA they're the ones who fought to negotiate them.

Hell even NYer himself agreed to a few damaging items I have to live under today. Too bad he doesn't have to have the spotlight on him though as one of its architects.
I don't believe CB and P Rez if they say they don't mind that Sito And Peterson took over negotiations .

What else would they be expected to say?
What gets me is they're not even in the room. I hope they and Weez give an honest opinion of the contract when we get one.The Weez likes Frosted Flakes for breakfast with all that sugarcoating

What gets me is they're not even in the room. I hope they and Weez give an honest opinion of the contract when we get one.The Weez likes Frosted Flakes for breakfast with all that sugarcoating

I guess it's not his fault to share what he does. He just repeats what he believes is an honest account of the events. If they give him bad information, then he shares bad information.

Even with that "access," he's been wrong much more often than he's been right. I mean the evidence is right before us on these very same pages.

There has been some nice progress made in the some of the TA's reached. Unfortunately, I don't think the quality of the TA will be appreciated because the expectation of what we should receive is off the charts. We can ask for the world, which is fine and expected. On the other hand, if we expect the world and get anything short of that...well...

To me, the outcome will not be received well because there has been little information shared, it has taken too long and the expectation is off the charts while at the same time there is little understanding of each others CBA and culture. Any change we have, which is inevitable, may be seen as a concession simply because it is different.

That may be a hard hill to climb and I hope the TA isn't discounted simply because we haven't been talking about the difficulties and challenges in the process.

I guess it's not his fault to share what he does. He just repeats what he believes is an honest account of the events. If they give him bad information, then he shares bad information.

Even with that "access," he's been wrong much more often than he's been right. I mean the evidence is right before us on these very same pages.

Had one President "friend" say he "thought" they "might" have a TA by October. Otherwise many many many many many times (you seem to have a problem in this area) I've stated a Football Box pool bet/preference. And I "ALWAYS" pick May cause it's my Birthday Month.

Do I have to send you a video of this so you can read my lips and put it on again any time you become confused?

You're Mr Absolute, not me. Remember I'm the fence sitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.