JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought that was Houston whoops wrong union. Part of the association that's why I get them mixed up

After Tims credit card was confiscated they had to shut down that location as the clientele numbers dropped off and Mama Beele could no longer afford the rent.

No loss. The procurements were a little shabby anyway.

IMG_2475.JPG
Hey Al I forgot to ask.

How ma doin?

From what I am hearing if you get in it will be similar to Castros brother in Cuba no elections yet the title "President for life"

"Vive Le Revolution" I will suppress all attempted coups. And laugh with my trusted multi colored loyal Parrot at my side.

Yea he's got a little bit of a potty mouth but he's a blast at parties.

Drop in on the Weez I think he can use a friend he did get piled on and slammed the last few days. Key West? guess I was wrong about you

I'm not sure about that Al? My Smoke Detector is not connected to the wall and Bob could become fixated and want to touch it?

I prefer my condo not to become a charred pile of rubble personally.

TWU Local 591 Membership Update 4/30/2017

April 30, 2017

To the Membership:

Hopefully by now most of you have seen this past week’s financial briefing on Jetnet, where myself and Dale Danker, Local 514’s president, asked Doug Parker some very specific questions on parity to the IAM. If you have not seen the video I am encouraging you to take the time to watch the segment labeled, “Parity for TWU-IAM” that is in the Jetnet headline titled “1Q State of the Airline.” I had asked our Local 591 representatives to get out on the shop floor and speak with our members about watching the video and I am hopeful that is happening as well.

Unfortunately, while every other workgroup at American enjoys parity to the industry, Doug Parker has now stated publically that he has no interest in giving TWU members parity to neither the industry, nor to our IAM counterparts on the American property, until we reach a JCBA. Shockingly, this past week Doug Parker, along with the Board of Directors, chose to give Pilots and Flight Attendants parity to the industry, by way of pay raises that are into the tens of thousands of dollars for each member, and reportedly worth nearly a billion dollars over three years; which those APA and APFA members rightly deserve. I am discouraged by the lack of respect given to the TWU membership, by Mr. Parker on the video, with his immediate dismissal of holiday parity to the IAM, except through a JCBA. It is clear that Mr. Parker does not see the value that TWU members deliver to American Airlines every day. As you watch Mr. Parker’s response on Jetnet to the disparities between the TWU and the IAM, you will see he says something along the lines of: we cannot give that to you because it could slow down negotiations; slow down negotiations…REALLY! This really begs the questions of whether Doug Parker, as CEO of American Airlines, is that out of touch with his TWU employees. He speaks of a “leap of faith” & “trust” and yet he finds no value in recognizing holidays for the TWU membership who work on the same aircraft, and in some cases, out of the same break-rooms and for the same managers. The lack of concern over this one disparity tells us that Doug Parker wants all of us to take a leap alright.

Normally I do not try to upset or anger the membership, but in this case, I have to say that I am disgusted and appalled that the TWU membership is losing thousands of dollars in overall compensation to our IAM counterparts. It seems Doug Parker has no problem giving his US Airways employees the benefits of American but not the American employees the benefits from US Airways. This double standard has gone on far too long and his answer that we as TWU members need to wait for a JCBA is nothing short of insulting. A “leap of faith” and “trust” starts with an act of “good faith” by immediately righting the wrongs that this membership has had to endure for the past 14 years - when it comes to at least the holidays. They can do this by giving us the parity with our IAM counterparts, beginning with this Memorial Day, while we continue to negotiate a JCBA to its conclusion. This changes nothing at the bargaining table, unless the company intends to not give us the same holidays as all other workgroups, including management. Enough is enough with the lack of proper holiday pay and recognition; it is time for American to give TWU members parity with their peers at American Airlines.

Fraternally,

Gary Peterson

TWU Local 591 Membership Update 4/30/2017

April 30, 2017

To the Membership:

Hopefully by now most of you have seen this past week’s financial briefing on Jetnet, where myself and Dale Danker, Local 514’s president, asked Doug Parker some very specific questions on parity to the IAM. If you have not seen the video I am encouraging you to take the time to watch the segment labeled, “Parity for TWU-IAM” that is in the Jetnet headline titled “1Q State of the Airline.” I had asked our Local 591 representatives to get out on the shop floor and speak with our members about watching the video and I am hopeful that is happening as well.

Unfortunately, while every other workgroup at American enjoys parity to the industry, Doug Parker has now stated publically that he has no interest in giving TWU members parity to neither the industry, nor to our IAM counterparts on the American property, until we reach a JCBA. Shockingly, this past week Doug Parker, along with the Board of Directors, chose to give Pilots and Flight Attendants parity to the industry, by way of pay raises that are into the tens of thousands of dollars for each member, and reportedly worth nearly a billion dollars over three years; which those APA and APFA members rightly deserve. I am discouraged by the lack of respect given to the TWU membership, by Mr. Parker on the video, with his immediate dismissal of holiday parity to the IAM, except through a JCBA. It is clear that Mr. Parker does not see the value that TWU members deliver to American Airlines every day. As you watch Mr. Parker’s response on Jetnet to the disparities between the TWU and the IAM, you will see he says something along the lines of: we cannot give that to you because it could slow down negotiations; slow down negotiations…REALLY! This really begs the questions of whether Doug Parker, as CEO of American Airlines, is that out of touch with his TWU employees. He speaks of a “leap of faith” & “trust” and yet he finds no value in recognizing holidays for the TWU membership who work on the same aircraft, and in some cases, out of the same break-rooms and for the same managers. The lack of concern over this one disparity tells us that Doug Parker wants all of us to take a leap alright.

Normally I do not try to upset or anger the membership, but in this case, I have to say that I am disgusted and appalled that the TWU membership is losing thousands of dollars in overall compensation to our IAM counterparts. It seems Doug Parker has no problem giving his US Airways employees the benefits of American but not the American employees the benefits from US Airways. This double standard has gone on far too long and his answer that we as TWU members need to wait for a JCBA is nothing short of insulting. A “leap of faith” and “trust” starts with an act of “good faith” by immediately righting the wrongs that this membership has had to endure for the past 14 years - when it comes to at least the holidays. They can do this by giving us the parity with our IAM counterparts, beginning with this Memorial Day, while we continue to negotiate a JCBA to its conclusion. This changes nothing at the bargaining table, unless the company intends to not give us the same holidays as all other workgroups, including management. Enough is enough with the lack of proper holiday pay and recognition; it is time for American to give TWU members parity with their peers at American Airlines.

Fraternally,

Gary Peterson

I agree completely. Maybe management will change their minds like the did with the FA's and Pilots.

Again, where were the reps from the IAM, pressing Parker for a JCBA...and some still don't get it.
Thanks Dale and Gary, we all may not be AMT's, but we are all TWU and we expect and deserve better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back