JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Nelson said:
i dont think they do all of the same training we do, only the faa requirements. For instance, i dont think they do pushbacks.  Im sketchy on this cuz ive never worked with temps but i can assure you that management at united has no problem with it.

At American, something is goin on that has our negotiators concerned enuf that they are not in agreement with the company proposals. 

regards,

Allowing seasonal temps is a cost saver for AA. I would venture to say it reduces overtime during peak travel dates. I bet the wage scale and medical benefit is different in the company's proposal. A nightmare for the union concerning new membership applications and dues deduction as well. Negotiators beware.

For those in the industry long enough; this temporary employee proposal is a throw back to the introduction of B Scale. How much sympathy can be expected from members on the property, for those not yet hired? They learn from history, play the numbers and know what they need from the group. A cost neutral agreement. Even while making billions in profit. The beat goes on!

Racer X said:
schedule A no longer exists    all LUS are now on schedule B   Since  2014
abolishing future benefits under the A schedule really helped to reduce future liabilities and the funding also went from around 90% funded to as much as 110% funded. That shot in the arm will last about 7 years just like the last schedule change of 2003. I just received my latest iampf funding....and the trend isnt good. It continues to lose steam after its last fix and is now just barely over 100% as it has increased its liability ratios in each of the last several years. At this rate, they will need a 3rd juicer soon enuf as it wont be able to sustain itself. I dont mean to be crude, but lus may want the twu to agree to dump 10,000 twu members in our pension then maybe that would buy us a few more years before the iampf is forced to do a third wave of cuts, possibly nailing the retirees next time.

regards,

Tim Nelson said:
abolishing future benefits under the A schedule really helped to reduce future liabilities and the funding also went from around 90% funded to as much as 110% funded. That shot in the arm will last about 7 years just like the last schedule change of 2003. I just received my latest iampf funding....and the trend isnt good. It continues to lose steam after its last fix and is now just barely over 100% as it has increased its liability ratios in each of the last several years. At this rate, they will need a 3rd juicer soon enuf as it wont be able to sustain itself. I dont mean to be crude, but lus may want the twu to agree to dump 10,000 twu members in our pension then maybe that would buy us a few more years before the iampf is forced to do a third wave of cuts, possibly nailing the retirees next time.

regards,
Before hitting the retired folk I'd rather they put a restriction on like you can't collect till 62 or 65. Better to let me plan now instead of telling me my pay will be reduced when I'm 80. But  I could see how  one could disagree

regarding lus shift trades. we are allowed 32 per quarter AND if you swap shifts within 30 days then the swap doesnt count.
Just wanted to clarify since there was some confusion on another forum about it.

regards,

another thing about LUS swaps is that you can do two doubles in a row and work the 16 paid hours a day, provided there is 7 hours rest.

I know everyone wants the cash but 32 swaps a quarter plus doubles and swapping that doesnt count as a swap had me only avg about 2 days a week with 5 days off each week most of last year and i loved it. Hope we can keep LUS swapping although im a bit ignorant on LAA. I do think cwa mimics ours.

regards,

or have all the ot you want  despite the one time back to back swap a week    some of the peeps in my station dont like that setup  but it is what it is

Below is what we need to keep!

ARTICLE 36 - MEAL PERIODS
(a) Meal periods will be thirty (30) minutes, except when a longer period is agreed upon between the parties. Meal periods will be scheduled not earlier than three (3) hours after commencement of the regularly scheduled shift and not later than five and one-half (51/2) hours (so as to be completed at the end of five and one-half (5-1/2) hours) after commencement of the regularly scheduled shift.
In the event that a meal period has not been provided in accordance with the foregoing, the employee is then free, if he so desires, to take an uninterrupted meal period. However, the parties recognize that in the interest of customer service, an employee who is engaged in line flight operations will complete his assignment prior to beginning this meal period, provided the completion of his assignment does not result in this meal period beginning after the sixth hour

Reactions: 1 person
Tim Nelson said:
Below is what we need to keep!
ARTICLE 36 - MEAL PERIODS
(a) Meal periods will be thirty (30) minutes, except when a longer period is agreed upon between the parties. Meal periods will be scheduled not earlier than three (3) hours after commencement of the regularly scheduled shift and not later than five and one-half (51/2) hours (so as to be completed at the end of five and one-half (5-1/2) hours) after commencement of the regularly scheduled shift.In the event that a meal period has not been provided in accordance with the foregoing, the employee is then free, if he so desires, to take an uninterrupted meal period. However, the parties recognize that in the interest of customer service, an employee who is engaged in line flight operations will complete his assignment prior to beginning this meal period, provided the completion of his assignment does not result in this meal period beginning after the sixth hour
That Article was TA'd over two weeks ago and the negotiating committee stated that they had gained improvements to the agreement.

http://www.usaamerger.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Association-Fleet-41416.pdf

To the PMUS readers who may not have known. In the past if we had not received a lunch after our 5th hour the company was required to give us a paid lunch which was a half hour of pay paid at the OT rate. And we still followed the language that we had to have a lunch or we could walk for lunch on our 6th hour for 30 "uninterrupted" minutes.

Meaning if a member of management came in and disturbed us asking when we come off lunch because we have a live flight that came in to our gate we could inform him that we were starting our lunch over again since we were interrupted.

Paid lunches and for that matter something else we had called "penalty hours" could really bulk up a members paycheck and because of operational necessity were given out quite often when I worked back in DFW where flights were back to back turns.

A "Penalty Hour" was similar to what is now in language at UAL that they call "Task Completion" although what we had was much better.

Say you worked on the line and a flight was going out at 21:05 but the crew got off at 21:00. The coordinator then with managements approval would ask the crew if they wanted a "penalty hour" to push the plane off the gate? If the crew agrees then whenever they finished with that assignment the crew would badge out and be paid one full hour of OT no matter what time it was that their hand hit that clock. And management could not force anyone to stay the full hour or assign any other task either than the one that you were asked to do.

So if that push I described took you a total of 15 minutes to complete and get your hand on that clock, you would be paid an hour and 30 minutes for 15 minutes of your time.

Local management also loved it because it guaranteed a smoother operation as they didn't have to scramble to find a crew to complete a task and run into trouble if one wasn't readily available.

Penalty Hours is something I'd like to see make a comeback. We had plenty of people who used to volunteer for them nightly. (Sometimes they'd get one, sometimes not)

WeAAsles said:
That Article was TA'd over two weeks ago and the negotiating committee stated that they had gained improvements to the agreement.

http://www.usaamerger.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Association-Fleet-41416.pdf

To the PMUS readers who may not have known. In the past if we had not received a lunch after our 5th hour the company was required to give us a paid lunch which was a half hour of pay paid at the OT rate. And we still followed the language that we had to have a lunch or we could walk for lunch on our 6th hour for 30 "uninterrupted" minutes.

Meaning if a member of management came in and disturbed us asking when we come off lunch because we have a live flight that came in to our gate we could inform him that we were starting our lunch over again since we were interrupted.

Paid lunches and for that matter something else we had called "penalty hours" could really bulk up a members paycheck and because of operational necessity were given out quite often when I worked back in DFW where flights were back to back turns.

I'm still interested to know what that means, but the update, as written, lends to the TWU language. LUS meal periods is a disaster.

regards,

Tim Nelson said:
I'm still interested to know what that means, but the update, as written, lends to the TWU language. LUS meal periods is a disaster.

regards,
Yes I'd assume we all would be interested in the full details on every article once the talks are concluded and we reach a joint TA to be released for us to vote on.

It would be strange if we weren't interested actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts