JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets also be realistic Wings, the medical not going down is not at the top of the list for W or many other TWU members. It is NOT a deal breaker.

Ever think we just got used to paying too much for our Medical?

Put a Frog in a pot of boiling water and it will jump right out. Put a frog in a pot of cold water and turn on the flame and the frog will slowly boil to death.

Put a Frog in a pot of boiling water and it will jump right out. Put a frog in a pot of cold water and turn on the flame and the frog will slowly boil to death.
Want to know how bad I am, I took one look at the plans and said I'll worry about it next year. Just read a quote from your boy Gene Simmons he said any day above the ground is a good day

Want to know how bad I am, I took one look at the plans and said I'll worry about it next year. Just read a quote from your boy Gene Simmons he said any day above the ground is a good day

My thoughts changed a little after the Heart Attack in June Al. But I did quit smoking cold turkey on the same day though.

No. Medical expenses at this moment aren't about to Bankrupt me any time soon. But one personal whack in life does make you think a little harder.

After comparing what my wife, many friends and acquaintances pay in the real world, no, not a case of feeling Iv'e gotten used to paying too much at all. Now if I had LUS for the past few years and then suddenly I'm looking at LAA's cost, then I would have a gripe. Could it possibly be that LUS has gotten used to paying too little for their Medical...
So when scope goes from one flight to twelve, is the same outrage going to fill these pages and other forums?
I want everything good or great LUS has that we don't, but I'm also being realistic. If the LUS side of the NC wants to hold out agreeing to a T/A because of something they don't want to lose, I have no problem with that. Obviously if it benefits LUS, it's going to benefit me. On the flip side, many things that may benefit me, could possibly be considered a concession to LUS. If and when a JCBA is presented to us, I will then make a decision on a yes or no vote. And just a FYI, I have never nor will I ever tell anyone other than my wife how I voted...

My thoughts changed a little after the Heart Attack in June Al. But I did quit smoking cold turkey on the same day though.

No. Medical expenses at this moment aren't about to Bankrupt me any time soon. But one personal whack in life does make you think a little harder.
I too have had a Heart Attack W, and what I paid with this insurance compared to what I would have paid without it, I breath easy knowing I have it. Again, I understand everyone is not in the same boat we are, but looking at LUS, sure, it could be better. But having seen some bills I could throw in trash, or other industry medical plans, it could be much much worse!

wings don't listen to anyone who tells you that TWU LAA guys don't want a better cost for our medical expenses. Those individuals who say otherwise sold out and gave up a long time ago.

And none of them (thankfully) are part of our negotiations either.
Your entire negotiations committee has refused to support LUS medical. Not that it matters because the AIG and executive committee already gave it up and I'm confident that our AGC's will too, otherwise Sito will pull their credentials. I hope they surprise me but I know one in PHX that won't surprise me. And your TWU guy on the executive committee coughed up your part time language. Yea, I know they will stomp their feet with their narrative and say the company has "Garbage" proposals, but they agreed to this in August. Not sure if it filtered down to the negotiation team as the narrative is still playing the July scenes. The problem is the mechanics. Our deal is done homer. Sad, cuz my LUS health care got hijacked and placed into the IAM Pension. Not good but it is what it is and the TA will pass due to LAA getting a very good compensation package while not caring about the part time language they coughed up. Sorry Weez.

Your entire negotiations committee has refused to support LUS medical. Not that it matters because the AIG and executive committee already gave it up and I'm confident that our AGC's will too, otherwise Sito will pull their credentials. I hope they surprise me but I know one in PHX that won't surprise me. And your TWU guy on the executive committee coughed up your part time language. Yea, I know they will stomp their feet with their narrative and say the company has "Garbage" proposals, but they agreed to this in August. Not sure if it filtered down to the negotiation team as the narrative is still playing the July scenes. The problem is the mechanics. Our deal is done homer. Sad, cuz my LUS health care got hijacked and placed into the IAM Pension. Not good but it is what it is and the TA will pass due to LAA getting a very good compensation package while not caring about the part time language they coughed up. Sorry Weez.
Your us air management team took over aa so blame Parker and company not the twu . Your old management team screwed you. Plus if the association would communicate to all the members we would not be in the dark as we are you seem to know everything going on but the rest of us Is not getting any information those weekly updates are a joke.the association is a joke the NC is a joke they have no —— are they would put out the whole proposal for us to read and get mad at the company put out sound bites that bit them I want to see the whole proposal. I am sure I’m not the only one. So quit giveing us sound bite and release the whole proposal since the association has no ba. s

If PT is included in the mix for OT and a FT member (TWU) gets less OT because of it, then that's a concession to the FT Member right?

Now take it away from the IAM side and that's a concession to the IAM PT guy right?

Now PT included in the mix for OT is a gain for PT on the TWU side right?

Solve the puzzle swamt? How does one group not see a concession on that see saw?

Unless you're just playing games here what I'm talking about doesn't take an engineering degree. A concession to one guy is a gain to someone else right?
You just made my freakin point from day one. There are too many differences between these two unions to get to an industry leading contract.

I am appalled with a guy that can give advice galore but can't clean up his own back yard that looks like a destroyed trailer park after Hurricane Harvey. Amazing!!!!!!! Either losing it or just plain stupid!!! Go Figure

That's Eddie "Fitzy" Fitzpatrick's (IBEW 2222 Verizon/New England Bell) line. He retired a few years ago but he is still out and in his element when they have negotiations and rallies. Your Irish Catholic big labor brethren.

Josh

The LAA Core plan costs themselves are lower, but you will pay that difference out in no time flat with the deductible. Today was the first time that I made a side by side comparison, and the out of pocket limits and deductible differ by THOUSANDS of dollars. I can say that a few bucks more into the IAM pension doesn't cut it for me. When the LUS side is looking at those numbers, it's a Huge concession. I would think that the out of pocket costs could be lowered for all on the LAA plan if an effort was made. Just because the pilots who earn 6 figures accepted this plan, is not a valid reason for everybody else to follow suit. The CWA and FA group must have been blinded by a shiny carrot. Not that my vote will mean that much with the majority of the LAA folks grabbing whatever they can that's a plus, but I'm going to be a solid NO vote..
For a profitable company of this size, it's a Sheet plan. I would like to know the top executives have this same plan, but then again they make so much that a few grand to them, is like $30 to us..

Wings you are super out of touch if that's what you think. Look at what the management/unorganized plans and premiums are, they took a beating in 2012 and pay substantially more than the organized groups. I'm sure the G2 or Eulen America employees would happily work under the TWU agreement even at bottom of the scale for those benefits.

Healthcare costs for everyone keeps increasing. What's unfortunate for all of us is that no one in congress wants to address the cost increases because the likes of the AMA and American Hospital Association are powerful lobbies and all that seems to get addressed is the shifting of the dollars, not cost containment.

Your healthcare could have been reworked in the 2014 agreement but the company didn't in good faith and even kept the placeholder language of a single mainline departure to remain staffed.

For a job that only requires a HS diploma, drivers license and successful clearance of (an increasingly thorough) background check, you guys do remarkably well and most workers in the US would willingly trade places with you. You are where you are today because decades ago someone made an arbitrary, and highly subjective hiring decision in your favor.

Josh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back