JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you posting the costs for just yourself, or the family plan? Before jumping to conclusions here, we at least have to be comparing apples to apples. The more that I read here, the more convinced that I become that most of the LAA guys have been beaten into submission with the crap that's been fed to them over the years. I've heard from the crew ranks down just how crappy your medical plans are. To the extent where fleet guys who are married to FAs, have moved them to our plan.
My wife and I, Wings. And please, do not label me as someone beaten into submission...You have your opinion and I have mine!

Look weez, you think I'm being idealistic with the medical, and I think you're being obtuse with the medical. We aren't going to agree. The medical for LUS IS ABSOLUTLEY A CONCESSION if it is lost for the LAA insurance. I'm sorry you don't see that as one. But since you gots yours, it's all ok. I thought that once we were a combined workforce we would all get along, now I'm not so sure. With you folks at LAA willing and certainly able to "sell out" for the $$$$$. All I read is that anything that is better than what you folks at LAA have now will get voted in because you have the numbers. I know that is a fact. LAA outnumbers us for sure. And will absolutely carry the vote. But why screw over you newly adopted family to do so? You guys would trip over a dollar to grab a nickel. You are starting to fall into the all I want is the $$$$$ category now weez. It looks like to me that the $$$$ is more important to you than anything else. And I would wager that it looks like to you that the insurance it all I care about. I want a deal that is going to excellent for all. And with every snide response, I lose more and more respect for you. The difference to me is I want ALL of us to have the best of everything, you want whats best for the weez and the LAA folks. You make that plainly clear. My apologies to anybody on the LAA side that feels differently than weez. I know that there are alot of you out there that think we should fight for the best of everything and not cave for the $$$$$. Just like there are alot on the LUS side that think the same as weez.

It sounds like you took the page right out of the Passenger Service group bargaining and negotiation and how it went down with their contract

I do have to state that most on here that are cheerleaders for the LAA plan appear to be either single, or don't have to deal with the costs of the family medical coverage. Not out to insult anyone, but it baffles me to see that so many are complacent with things just being what they are on coverage costs. When many say that the other workgroups swallowed this plan, and so should we, I don't buy it. Can't overlook the difference in the pilot group wages to ours or Mtc. Just because the CWA grabbed the money, and skimmed over the medical, isn't a valid reason for everybody else to follow suit.

I do have to state that most on here that are cheerleaders for the LAA plan appear to be either single, or don't have to deal with the costs of the family medical coverage. Not out to insult anyone, but it baffles me to see that so many are complacent with things just being what they are on coverage costs. When many say that the other workgroups swallowed this plan, and so should we, I don't buy it. Can't overlook the difference in the pilot group wages to ours or Mtc. Just because the CWA grabbed the money, and skimmed over the medical, isn't a valid reason for everybody else to follow suit.

With things being equal, you'd be correct and there would be more support for the status quo.

Are you implying that anyone in particular is a "cheerleader" for the LAA insurance plan COSTS?

Cheerleader?

Are you implying that anyone in particular is a "cheerleader" for the LAA insurance plan COSTS?

Cheerleader?
I can say with a good amount of certainty, that a vast majority see absolutely nothing wrong with it. To me that shows support and acceptance. Has there been any mention or initiative to push the TWU leadership towards talking a stand on adapting to the LUS plan? How many times has it been posted on here that it's a given that the LUS plan is history? Surrender without a fight is all that it sounds like to me.

I can say with a good amount of certainty, that a vast majority see absolutely nothing wrong with it. To me that shows support and acceptance. Has there been any mention or initiative to push the TWU leadership towards talking a stand on adapting to the LUS plan? How many times has it been posted on here that it's a given that the LUS plan is history? Surrender without a fight is all that it sounds like to me.

First comment: You're incorrect. I can tell you that with a good amount of certainty.

Second question: Yes absolutely.

Third question: By a handful of people one who is completely irrelevant.

No one I know who actually is relevant has surrendered.

Reactions: wings396
The general vibe that I'm getting here, is that you LUS guys got your big raise, so now it's time to suck it up and drop down to the LAA healthcare plan that we're all stuck with. I want to make it perfectly clear that I/we all appreciate where we're at on the wages we now have. I've seen this healthcare topic bring claims that the LUS side made so much less, and that's why we had the better plan, etc..
We all need to understand that none of us would be at today's wages without the merger. Would LAA be a bit higher than LUS?, very likely but not at the current level.I personally feel that the LAA side should have been brought inline with LUS on the holidays and other lesser benefits at the same time we got the bump up in wages. It was the company's poor choice not to do that, and put a wedge between the 2 groups. Not the fault of the LUS people or the IAM.

Reactions: robbedagain
The general vibe that I'm getting here, is that you LUS guys got your big raise, so now it's time to suck it up and drop down to the LAA healthcare plan that we're all stuck with. I want to make it perfectly clear that I/we all appreciate where we're at on the wages we now have. I've seen this healthcare topic bring claims that the LUS side made so much less, and that's why we had the better plan, etc..
We all need to understand that none of us would be at today's wages without the merger. Would LAA be a bit higher than LUS?, very likely but not at the current level.I personally feel that the LAA side should have been brought inline with LUS on the holidays and other lesser benefits at the same time we got the bump up in wages. It was the company's poor choice not to do that, and put a wedge between the 2 groups. Not the fault of the LUS people or the IAM.

Someone has to play Devils Advocate on these type of conversations.

So if the Company gave "both sides" parity on all of those "lesser benefits" as you call them, what would motivate our representatives to negotiate and us to give a fair vote on a JCBA?

Are we at all honorable to recognize what we have received so far outside of a voted on agreement or are we dishonest and greedy little hypocrites?

Devils Advocate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts